Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

PHOENIX – This is Year 2 of The New Era, with head coach Doug Pederson paired with quarterback Carson Wentz as the Eagles continue the big build. The goal is to build something sustainable, similar to the Andy Reid-led run from 2000-2004, with a couple of more wins included at the end. Every single day, then, the goal is to improve every day ...

View the full article

Should be an interesting year.Not only do we have top WR's,we get to see if the young guys can step it up.We lost a few games by 1 score,some we had in the bag and let go.This year I hope to see us win those close games and we will need a grinder back to kill off the 4th quarter clock

Huh??

I like how your 23 min post PRECEDES your 18 min post lol.Postal inversion technique(aka we blew it)

It the same story our Birds have won a few PAPER Championships. Howie has been magical, how is he finding money to sign these guys It has to play out on the field... Carson come's back with improved, disciplined Mechanics, develops great chemistry with the new guys... get a few players to shore up the D... Good Health... Few balls bouncing our way... A Bruising RB... The Wentz wagon rolls baby.

It the same story our Birds have won a few PAPER Championships. Howie has been magical, how is he finding money to sign these guys It has to play out on the field... Carson come's back with improved, disciplined Mechanics, develops great chemistry with the new guys... get a few players to shore up the D... Good Health... Few balls bouncing our way... A Bruising RB... The Wentz wagon rolls baby.

Never say never.I am old and have learned that.We lost 3 years under the devastating Chip regime.Lurie gave him his chance,but glad he did not wait all 5 years to get rid of this clown.Now we can actually begin building this team.And I will venture to say Pedersons year 2 is going to look alot better than Chips lol

2 hours ago, trini said:

Never say never.I am old and have learned that.We lost 3 years under the devastating Chip regime.Lurie gave him his chance,but glad he did not wait all 5 years to get rid of this clown.Now we can actually begin building this team.And I will venture to say Pedersons year 2 is going to look alot better than Chips lol

Imagine back when we had Maxwell and McCoy.What if we had our present staff in place? We'd be contending already lol.Adios Chip-don't let the door hit you on your way out.My deceased grandmother could have coached better

Howie has always been a good contracts guy - he's an attorney. Howie the talent evaluator - meh. Seems he's learned to include the advice of others, hired personnel who are proven in that area, and hey - his job may actually be on the line. Except for RB and depth, we now have an O that can score, need some starting CB's and edge to round out the team.
Speaking of CB's - what's Ron Brooks's future?

Corey Davis is still my #1 pick, with Mike Williams a close second. However, I would be VERY HAPPY with McCaffrey in 1, I don't think he is a reach what so ever with what he can provide on the field, he can play RB and WR at a high level, and he has some of the smoothest route running skills and hands out there!

If it could happen, trade back a few spots, grab an extra second round pick, take McCaffrey in 1, and CB/CB with both 2's or WR/CB. I think he will go late 1, but Zay Jones would be a great addition if we could get him in the second.

Imagine first couple picks..... McCaffrey, Zay Jones, Tre'davious White - 3 instant impacts for the team. Then go DL and CB the rest of the picks!

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Never say never.I am old and have learned that.We lost 3 years under the devastating Chip regime.Lurie gave him his chance,but glad he did not wait all 5 years to get rid of this clown.Now we can actually begin building this team.And I will venture to say Pederson's year 2 is going to look alot better than Chips lol

A huge positive is the OL depth now compared to what it was 2013-15. We have 2 sets of OL with experience that can plug and play. Get the D beefed up,a real/consistent-grind the clock run game and-who knows?-this group could have a shot at the division. I'm figuring that Pederson's 2nd year progression will be even better than Big Red's.

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Speaking of CB's - what's Ron Brooks's future?

It's probably hinged to the outcome of camp & preseason.

Doug Pederson hints at how Eagles will get Alshon Jeffery to re-sign:

Pederson apparently doesn't see Jeffery, who signed for $9.5 million, as a rental. Jeffery was considered the top receiver on the market, so taking a one-year offer from the Eagles seemed strange. But believing he'll pass up a chance to get back on the market in 2018 might be even stranger. Still, Pederson is talking like Jeffery will remain in Philly.

But maybe that's the Eagles' strategy: Show Jeffery they need -- and want him -- long-term. Treat the new guy like a franchise cornerstone.…………

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/doug_pederson_plans_on_alshon_jeffery_being_with_e.html

NFL Draft 2017: Eagles hold private workout with Dalvin Cook, report says:

Eagles running backs coach Duce Staley put Florida State running back Dalvin Cook through a private workout on Wednesday, according to a report from Tomahawk Nation. 

The Eagles had two scouts on hand at Cook's Pro Day in Tallahassee on Tuesday where the running back posted a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash, which was an improvement of .02 over his run at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis earlier this month.

Wednesday's workout is far from the first time that the Eagles have shown interest in Cook. The 6-foot, 209 pound running back previously visited the NovaCare Complex on an official pre-draft visit earlier this month.……………

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_draft_2017_eagles_hold_private_workout_with_da.html

Edited by EaglesTD123
add forgotten input

Very intriguing article!

NFL scouts reveal confidential notes on Eagles' Carson Wentz and Cowboys' Dak Prescott:

By Mark Eckel | For NJ Advance Media
on October 29, 2016 at 6:00 AM, updated October 29, 2016 at 6:04 AM
Two long-time NFL scouts whose teams were not looking for quarterbacks in the 2016 NFL Draft shared with N.J. Advance Media their notes on Carson Wentz, who went No. 2 overall to the Eagles, and Dak Prescott, who went 133 spots later to the Cowboys.

Both were granted anonymity to talk about players on other teams.…………………

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/10/scouts_weigh_in_on_eagles_carson_wentz_and_cowboys.html

Corey Davis is still my #1 pick, with Mike Williams a close second. However, I would be VERY HAPPY with McCaffrey in 1, I don't think he is a reach what so ever with what he can provide on the field, he can play RB and WR at a high level, and he has some of the smoothest route running skills and hands out there!

NO,we need a 3 down back-Caff is not that

If it could happen, trade back a few spots, grab an extra second round pick, take McCaffrey in 1, and CB/CB with both 2's or WR/CB. I think he will go late 1, but Zay Jones would be a great addition if we could get him in the second.

Imagine first couple picks..... McCaffrey, Zay Jones, Tre'davious White - 3 instant impacts for the team. Then go DL and CB the rest of the picks!

My guess is Tredavious goes in 1(maybe late but..... I know we like him alot

Doug Pederson hints at how Eagles will get Alshon Jeffery to re-sign:

Pederson apparently doesn't see Jeffery, who signed for $9.5 million, as a rental. Jeffery was considered the top receiver on the market, so taking a one-year offer from the Eagles seemed strange. But believing he'll pass up a chance to get back on the market in 2018 might be even stranger. Still, Pederson is talking like Jeffery will remain in Philly.

But maybe that's the Eagles' strategy: Show Jeffery they need -- and want him -- long-term. Treat the new guy like a franchise cornerstone.…………

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/doug_pederson_plans_on_alshon_jeffery_being_with_e.html

I hope we keep him until we can finish building this team.2 more years is my guess.If we do well enough and look like we will have a future shot,Alshon would want to stick around I feel.Like to see if Smith can jejuv his career here as well.But remember,you can't count on anything after a 1 year contract.So IMO Corey Davis is still my pick,but if he's gone then we do something else(Tredavious White?)

Eagles running backs coach Duce Staley put Florida State running back Dalvin Cook through a private workout on Wednesday, according to a report from Tomahawk Nation. 

The Eagles had two scouts on hand at Cook's Pro Day in Tallahassee on Tuesday where the running back posted a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash, which was an improvement of .02 over his run at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis earlier this month.

Wednesday's workout is far from the first time that the Eagles have shown interest in Cook. The 6-foot, 209 pound running back previously visited the NovaCare Complex on an official pre-draft visit earlier this month.……………

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_draft_2017_eagles_hold_private_workout_with_da.html

Once again,not sure he's a 3 down back,,,,but.....

I'm thinking we gotta cover the WR spot.If we lose Smith and Alshon next year we are immediately back to LAME WR's.In my view we got these 2 really on a year,to buy time.jMatt contract up next year and so is AG.Think we hang on to JMatt,let AG walk and grab a top WR NOW in the hopes of retaining either Smith or Alshon(then you still have a threatening passing attack.Time will tell how the other guys stack up(DGB,Turner,Bailey) If one emrgers from this group and we have a top WR prospect,we are good to go for the future

1 hour ago, Nick0213 said:

I'm thinking we gotta cover the WR spot.If we lose Smith and Alshon next year we are immediately back to LAME WR's.In my view we got these 2 really on a year,to buy time.jMatt contract up next year and so is AG.Think we hang on to JMatt,let AG walk and grab a top WR NOW in the hopes of retaining either Smith or Alshon(then you still have a threatening passing attack.Time will tell how the other guys stack up(DGB,Turner,Bailey) If one emrgers from this group and we have a top WR prospect,we are good to go for the future

Just my 2 cents.which begs the question if it's a penny for your thoughts,WHY do you have to put your 2 cents in???

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

This dude also has fumble issues-UGH

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Which RB(s) do you think are or could be 3 down backs? I totally agree that is the type of RB we need for a top notch run game.