Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

18 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Latest Mock draft from sb nation 1 hour old with a consensus from 6 guys.

1. Browns - DE Myles Garrett
2. 49er's - DE Soloman Thomas
3. Bears - DL Jonathon Allen
4. Jags - RB Leonard Fournette
5. Titans - CB Marshon Lattimore
6. Jets - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
7. Chargers - S Malik Hooker
8. Panthers - RB's Leonard Fournette/ Cook
9. Bengals - LB Rueben Foster
10. Bills - WR Mike Williams
11. Saints - DE Derek Barnett
12. Browns - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
13. Cardinals - WR Corey Davis / QB Deshone Kizer
14. Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey

Now lets pretend this mock is accurate and we have the choice of CB Marlon Humphrey, WR John Ross or TE O.J. Howard at pick 14. Which one would you guys take? It is a no brainer for me but some of you may have other choices. My pick is O. J. Howard.

This is a horrible mock. None took Jamal Adams. Ramcyzck is missing as well. But he seems to be sliding in many mocks I have seen most recently. So I guess he is possible. Adams is elite. And everyone knows it. S is our strongest spot with holes everywhere on the team and we would have to take Adams.

It's not that bad really,could be fairly accurate.The only pick I don't like is OURS lol.If OJ Howard is there at 14,you gotta pull that trigger.CB's are very deep no need to waste a 1 pick on one IMO(but you knew that)

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  32 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  10 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Evidently I'm not the only one who thinks Scwartz has to be more flexible/creative with his D.

http://thesportsdaily.com/eagles-eye-blog/leo-pizzini-provides-clarity-to-the-schwartz-defensive-philosophy-in-philly/

Good article.It mentions Brizer and DDD-are they no longer with us????

Thats the EYE. Thats TJs pad. DDD no one has heard from him. Peeps have even tried emailing him. TJs pad had a new interior designer and changed the furniture around to the Facebook format. Brizer i dont think wanted to get on the Facebook move. You see the Draftek mock? The guy who does the Eagles picks is Broz hes one of the old school posters too he hangs out at TJs. Cool dudes.

TJ jumps in here on occaision(maybe out of boredom lol) Can't blame Briz,I avoid all the social media stuff too.DDD was our Mach 10 guru

Brizer was actually the one who started the Mach 10. DDD made his version on here coz Bri went there.

Those guys were big reason i joined up to this site. I was an Eagles fan but i didnt comment n enjoyed reading their conversations along with Spuds articles.

Stine is another old school dude you see post here n over there. Im not into that Facebook thing either so i cant post there anymore.

Yeah I don't visit the EYE.Briz is wise and DDD was our stat man.Like you I just read stuff awhile before I got on here,but I enjoy reading everyone's ops and gripes and insights,especially the guys who live in Philly and get that first hand radio talk I don't

So FL you have Howard ranked higher than Adams? Not me. Adams is a top 5 guy. Some could like S Hooker better as I have seen several people talk about him having the best ball skills in this draft(yes over all the offensive players). 

On 3/31/2017 at 3:09 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

The real question I would have is if the plan with Peppers was slot CB would we play him on the outside as well and move him inside on nickle/dime packages????? 14 is bit high to draft a solely slot CB 

Not necessarily,seeing how versatile he is. I saw a debate on him on 'Path To The Draft' and he can play In or Out CB,S,and ST's.

Well I like Adams,I understand why you do as well.I'm looking at Howard because A) it gives Wentz a TE he can grow with(Celek is not gonna be here forever) B) Howard is a playmaker who would give defenses FITS C) the talent drop off at TE starts and ends with him.2nd is not even close and if our 2 WR's are gone as that scenario suggests,then Howard gives you the ability to play anywhere on the field.Even if Wentz has to hurry passes,Howard is a legit "out" for him.Not bashing Celek,but this is a TE we could have here for a decade.So,as usual I want EVERYONE HAHA

I hate to nitpick the breakdown by Leo over at TJs BUT....that breakdown is a 4-3 base defense pass defense. Most of the time we used Nickel or Dime on passing downs. And I thought we played a ton of Cover 3. Having the corners taking away the outside but having to be over the top. Basically in make sure you make the tackle after the catch mode.

Don't see the talent dropoff like that at TE FL. I was thinking it's a very strong and deep TE class.

Oh I do!!! Sure there are "other TE's" but how often do you get the chance to draft GRONK? lol

On 3/31/2017 at 3:09 PM, BleedingGreen93 said:

The real question I would have is if the plan with Peppers was slot CB would we play him on the outside as well and move him inside on nickle/dime packages????? 14 is bit high to draft a solely slot CB 

Not necessarily,seeing how versatile he is. I saw a debate on him on 'Path To The Draft' and he can play In or Out CB,S,and ST's.

I imagine he could also play MIKE LB on rotations

The criticism of Schwartz I understand. But the guy has been coaching in this league successfully for a long time. I think he WAS extremely rigid last season. I think he forced everyone to learn and play his defense. I believe his rigidness was deliberate...YEAR ONE. It's all about learning his scheme coming from a 3-4. So he didn't want to develop bad habits. I do believe he has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve. But YEAR ONE wasn't the time to confuse and complicate. We had zero corners getting the job done. Not many DCs can fix that anyway. Just tell them don't get beat deep and make the tackle. Schwartz does deserve blame that we had zero corners since I believe he wanted McKelvin and Brooks...and he seeemed to have issue with Rowe. In a nutshell--Now that he has planted the roots of the defensive scheme I believe he will expand on it now and in the future. So the rigid inflexible DC was purposely doing that year one. IMO

The criticism of Schwartz I understand. But the guy has been coaching in this league successfully for a long time. I think he WAS extremely rigid last season. I think he forced everyone to learn and play his defense. I believe his rigidness was deliberate...YEAR ONE. It's all about learning his scheme coming from a 3-4. So he didn't want to develop bad habits. I do believe he has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve. But YEAR ONE wasn't the time to confuse and complicate. We had zero corners getting the job done. Not many DCs can fix that anyway. Just tell them don't get beat deep and make the tackle. Schwartz does deserve blame that we had zero corners since I believe he wanted McKelvin and Brooks...and he seeemed to have issue with Rowe. In a nutshell--Now that he has planted the roots of the defensive scheme I believe he will expand on it now and in the future. So the rigid inflexible DC was purposely doing that year one. IMO

Still want our CB's to look back.Not only did they get beat long,alot of those could have been PICKS if they simply turned around

15 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don't see the talent dropoff like that at TE FL. I was thinking it's a very strong and deep TE class.

Oh I do!!! Sure there are "other TE's" but how often do you get the chance to draft GRONK? lol

Oh and BTW he runs routes like a WR,can be used as a slot receiver,Wentz outlet or even a quick pitch running play.The guy does it all IMO(Howard)

Howard is that all around TE. Incredible talent. But I actually believe Njoku and Hodges are more of a mismatch in the strictly pass receiving department. I'd give both of them the edge as a slot receiver. Not trying to knock Howard as I do believe he is deserving of being the top TE. But I do believe we will see quick contributions from several TEs in this class.

Dunno y'all decide.IMO he looks "pro ready" to rumble.Now I realize this is a HIGHLIGHT vid,but he gets open,has great hands,not afraid of contact and as you can see can be used in a variety of ways.Also watched vids of him as a blocker and he's good at that too.If Celek goes away,this guy fills his shoes with ease IMO

Imagine(if you will) Howard/Celek/Ertz on a 3 TE set in the RZ-GL defending that and as you know we put Burton up,so this leads me to believe they are looking hard at him

Howard looks like a great prospect to me. BUT he wasn't utilized as a pass catcher up to his potential. What did he do pass catching? 600 yards and 3 TDs. I'd say he is very developmental in the passing game still. Less NFL ready than you are thinking FL. Njoku went for 8 TDs. Shaheen caught 16 TDs. Hodges caught 7.

We didn't put Burton up. We retained him at a price no one would touch. ---Basically the opposite

Well he's on the block.If another team wants Howard and we take him,they could bite for a round 2 pick for Burton lol

That kid Shaheen from Ashland is the guy that has drawn the Gronk comparisons.

Well what I meant was not a physical comparison to Gronk,but what threats he can offer.IMO he's actually more versatile than Gronk and I would love to have him here as yet another weapon in the Wentz arsenal.We let O go I believe to let Wentz just get used to playing QB(with few weapons).Now,after seeing he can be a franchise QB(ala proving he was worth the move up),then why nhot complete the receiver puzzle for him.We could use a decent RB,but taking Howard would shore up that TE spot for a decade-JMO and I know Ham you differ.Just offering up my op

19 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Latest Mock draft from sb nation 1 hour old with a consensus from 6 guys.

1. Browns - DE Myles Garrett
2. 49er's - DE Soloman Thomas
3. Bears - DL Jonathon Allen
4. Jags - RB Leonard Fournette
5. Titans - CB Marshon Lattimore
6. Jets - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
7. Chargers - S Malik Hooker
8. Panthers - RB's Leonard Fournette/ Cook
9. Bengals - LB Rueben Foster
10. Bills - WR Mike Williams
11. Saints - DE Derek Barnett
12. Browns - QB's Mitchell Trubisky / Deshaun Watson
13. Cardinals - WR Corey Davis / QB Deshone Kizer
14. Eagles - CB Marlon Humphrey

Now lets pretend this mock is accurate and we have the choice of CB Marlon Humphrey, WR John Ross or TE O.J. Howard at pick 14. Which one would you guys take? It is a no brainer for me but some of you may have other choices. My pick is O. J. Howard.

This is a horrible mock. None took Jamal Adams. Ramcyzck is missing as well. But he seems to be sliding in many mocks I have seen most recently. So I guess he is possible. Adams is elite. And everyone knows it. S is our strongest spot with holes everywhere on the team and we would have to take Adams.

Sorry Ham but I didn't bring all 32 picks over as I thought that only the first 14 were of interest. These guys had Ramczyk going to the Giants and Adams was selected in the first round too. I just forget the team.

I don't differ on liking Howard. Of coarse I do. I just believe his receiving skills will be more of a work in progress than you concede. And I am much higher on the rest of the class than you. That's all.

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Sorry Ham but I didn't bring all 32 picks over as I thought that only the first 14 were of interest. These guys had Ramczyk going to the Giants and Adams was selected in the first round too. I just forget the team.

Nothing you did. I just really like Jamal Adams as one of the best prospects in this draft. So I can't see 10 GMs passing on him.