Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

Question: In all the years that Woody and DDD posted on this sight, not one person ever met either one of them personally??????

Friendly wager(Where's Woody? He still owes me a few Tastycakes.) FL I bet you Howard doesn't have the most impressive receiving stats this season from the TE class of 2017.

It is amazing to me that so many guys have posted for years on here and have never got together at some games to meet each other. DDD lived in Texas the last I knew and is one year older than I am so he is 65 now. Woody I believe lives in Nevada? and is older than I am. Both of these guys were transplants though.

I don't differ on liking Howard. Of coarse I do. I just believe his receiving skills will be more of a work in progress than you concede. And I am much higher on the rest of the class than you. That's all.

Doesn't matter what we think anyway,it's what the brass decides lol

Friendly wager(Where's Woody? He still owes me a few Tastycakes.) FL I bet you Howard doesn't have the most impressive receiving stats this season from the TE class of 2017.

Bama had many good players.Spreading the ball around they could do. If he was their primary weapon I bet he would lol

An incredible TE class and no Wood around just doesn't feel right. I don't think he ever met a TE he didn't think could play most positions. LOL

Yeah where the heck is Woody? Did he fall off the planet?

At any rate,despite all the ops on here,at 14 we will come away with some type starter.Top 20 guys all seem like stud material

If we pass on Howard,then my next guy VALUE wise is Bucky Hodges(CBS ranked 114) A little project,so he could sit a year.But he has the raw talent and a future Celek replacement IMO

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I,for one,am glad you decided to join our group of insanity.And as I have stated many times before,Eagles fans are THE best informed in the league.Check other sites(I have) it's not even close lol

I sincerely thank you! ☺ I wasn't too sure in the beginning if I'd fit in or not due to my rusty computer skills. It had been 8 years since I used a computer when I joined.but I used one for nearly 10 years everyday at work B4 that and gradually I got back into the groove again. As far as being an Eagles fanatic I knew that I'd blend in as long as I was humble and didn't pretend to be someone that I'm not. Speaking of 'group of insanity',I'm so insanely passionate about the Eagles that next to family,friends,and my dog the Eagles are my world. I didn't weep like a baby,but I'm man enough to admit that I shed tears after the Super Bowl XV & XXXIX losses! When we lose on a regular week,if it were possible,I WOULD turn into the Hulk.

2 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

. Im not into that Facebook thing either so i cant post there anymore.

Social Media BLOWS! :thumbsdown:

Browns have said they are not looking at QB(why not???) But you know this is the time of year for head fakes,rumors and false news leaks lol

Isn't Hue Jackson a QB guru? They're nuts not to take Deshaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky to groom for a year or two!

Browns have said they are not looking at QB(why not???) But you know this is the time of year for head fakes,rumors and false news leaks lol

Isn't Hue Jackson a QB guru? They're nuts not to take Deshaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky to groom for a year or two!

LMAO,how many QB's have they had that stunk up the place??? They draft one every year

I imagine he could also play MIKE LB on rotations

Peppers said he could play LB too,but I didn't have any knowledge of that so I didn't list it.

Eagles fans are mostly loyal to a fault.If we ever DID win the big dance,I would party for a month.It's like Cubs fans,they waited 108 years HAHAHA(jeebus!!)

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Peppers said he could play LB too,but I didn't have any knowledge of that so I didn't list it.

He's got a quick drop and a bad attitude,so MIKE LB would make sense.He's good at alot of things unlike yours truly

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The criticism of Schwartz I understand. But the guy has been coaching in this league successfully for a long time. I think he WAS extremely rigid last season. I think he forced everyone to learn and play his defense. I believe his rigidness was deliberate...YEAR ONE. It's all about learning his scheme coming from a 3-4. So he didn't want to develop bad habits. I do believe he has all kinds of tricks up his sleeve. But YEAR ONE wasn't the time to confuse and complicate. We had zero corners getting the job done. Not many DCs can fix that anyway. Just tell them don't get beat deep and make the tackle. Schwartz does deserve blame that we had zero corners since I believe he wanted McKelvin and Brooks...and he seeemed to have issue with Rowe. In a nutshell--Now that he has planted the roots of the defensive scheme I believe he will expand on it now and in the future. So the rigid inflexible DC was purposely doing that year one. IMO

I think you're on to something there.

Despite what they are sliming out of Cleveville,I bet they take either of those with their 2nd first pick(must be nice!!!)

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LMAO,how many QB's have they had that stunk up the place??? They draft one every year

Not 100% positive,but I saw a debate on 'Total Access' the other week about that and if I recall correctly it was said that they had 26 different Starters since returning to Cleveland.

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

:lol: LMAO, Kessler will be Browns’ 26th starting quarterback since 1999.

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the league as an expansion team in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/19/kessler-will-be-browns-26th-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

Pats' system is to draft a QB every other yr. Seems to work - they have "2 starters". QB rich must be nice.

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Pats' system is to draft a QB every other yr. Seems to work - they have "2 starters". QB rich must be nice.

They've done just about everything the right way for how many years now? I respect them,but I'm SO SICK of hearing about them and watching them dominate! I guess u could say that I'm outrageously jealous.