Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why?? we need dept/h youth at T(both OT and DT)

I asnwered Cunninghams questions of why I didn't have an OT listed in my top 11-12 guys.....I don't think any OT is worth taking in round 1 damn sure not at #14 but that is JMO 

Oh didn't know you were speaking strictly about round 1 lol

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why?? we need dept/h youth at T(both OT and DT)

I asnwered Cunninghams questions of why I didn't have an OT listed in my top 11-12 guys.....I don't think any OT is worth taking in round 1 damn sure not at #14 but that is JMO 

Oh didn't know you were speaking strictly about round 1 lol

my bad

Alright so this year we are shaking up the contest. TOTALLY DIFFERENT RULES!!!!!!!!!! Our pick is 14 AT HOME!!!!!! So the contest is simple(inspired by BG and Wrangler): Pick the 13 picks before our pick. Not our pick but the beginning of the entire draft. Points will correspond with draft pick position(fifth pick of the draft gets you 5 points....sorry if you were banking on Garrett with the first it's only one point).

Peterson is unlikely to get 17 million per ever again... The rich get richer, that winning Patriot culture will be very attractive to an old RB who even without a SB ring is probably still Hall of fame bound. Peterson is a band-aid I would sign.

Yeah nice band-aid and a shot for AP to get a ring

All you need to submit is 13 names in no certain order. No need to pick rounds or anything. The actual draft will do that for us and score.

Don't go to the EYE so I'm out lol

For a mil/yr why not snag Dwight Freeny? He hurried Brady 7 times and sacked him one in the SB.I would also look at Blount as a situational type dozer RB(depends what he wants on the money tree)

Alright so this year we are shaking up the contest. TOTALLY DIFFERENT RULES!!!!!!!!!! Our pick is 14 AT HOME!!!!!! So the contest is simple(inspired by BG and Wrangler): Pick the 13 picks before our pick. Not our pick but the beginning of the entire draft. Points will correspond with draft pick position(fifth pick of the draft gets you 5 points....sorry if you were banking on Garrett with the first it's only one point).

Just copy someone elses mock lol.More fun when we have to guess who the birds take

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

For a mil/yr why not snag Dwight Freeny? He hurried Brady 7 times and sacked him one in the SB.I would also look at Blount as a situational type dozer RB(depends what he wants on the money tree)

Just added Long doesn't make much sense to add another older vet IMO plus still have Means/MS2/McCallister.....The aim should be to get a younger guy IMO.....

I agree BG. Graham is on the verge of a potential huge season. Curry should be getting every opportunity to come into his own this season. We need to get as many meaningful reps as possible to that young trio you mentioned. Let's really try and uncover their talents. MS2 finally started to produce once Chipper got the boot. Means has shown some flashes. If he got the second team reps consistently what can he produce? McCallister is the fastball pass rusher. Can he put that together and show he can do it? Or maybe he fails but we find out if he isn't buried too deep. Capping all that off with the vet in Long. A proven player...not dynamite but reliably mediocre. ----Doesn't leave many reps if you want to vet the young guys properly this season.

Wrangler, I love the walk down memory lane of the draft. 2013 I completely nailed that pick of Ziggy. Turned out to be a really weak first round crop that year. 2010 I liked Graham but thought for sure(like many I'm sure) we traded up for Earl Thomas. Turned out to be a shocker of a pick(I'm sure Seattle is fine with how it worked out). Pretty sure that was the same draft Eric Berry was in. He was a lock to be elite. Similar S draft situation this year. Some very strong options.

I'm looking over this TE class. I'm coming up with 20 guys  or so that could be good additions. Using Walter Football as a guide here is what we have:

23,22and 20 you have three Oregon TEs. Kind of a pick um of flavors.

Johnny Mundt  Oregon  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 252.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.67. 
Projected Round (2017): 7-FA. 
3/18/17: Mundt recorded 23 receptions for 334 yards and four touchdowns in 2016. He missed four games early in the season due to an injury. 

7/30/16: Mundt flashed real promise as a freshman when he caught 16 passes for 281 yards and three touchdowns. He was expected to break out in 2014, but injuries and poor blocking made it a lost year. He missed 12 games and had just two receptions for 29 yards on the season. Last year was terrible for Mundt as well, as he had five receptions for 39 yards and a score. Mundt has athleticism and receiving ability. 

AND 

Pharaoh Brown Oregon

5. Arm: 35.38. Hand: 10.38. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.68. 
Projected Round (2017): 5-7. 

3/18/17: Brown missed some time with injuries in 2016. On the year, he recorded 33 receptions for 426 yards and five touchdowns. 

7/30/16: Brown redshirted last year after suffering a knee injury in 2014. In the spring game, he flashed his old form, which is great news for his NFL hopes. Prior to his injury in 2014, he had 25 receptions for 420 yards with six touchdowns. Brown has some receiving skills and could end up rising.  

And in at 21:

Josiah Price, TE, Michigan State  
Projected 40 Time: 4.78. 
Projected Round (2017): 6-FA. 

3/18/17: Price totaled 38 receptions for 387 yards and five touchdowns in 2016. He was more of a blocking tight end in Michigan State's offense. 

7/30/16: Price had a good year for Michigan State. He was a solid blocker and contributed 23 receptions for 267 yards and six touchdowns. As a sophomore (16-374-6) and freshman (17-210-4), his statlines were varied, but decent. Price will have the challenge of working with a new quarterback as a senior. 

At 19): Sean Culkin, TE, Missouri  
Height: 6-6. Weight: 250.  

3/18/17: Culkin is a tough blocking tight end who could be a steal as a Y tight end candidate in the NFL. In practice at Missouri, Culkin developed his blocking skills against some tremendous pass-rushers, including Charles Harris, Shane Ray and Markus Golden. This past season, Culkin also did well against LSU edge rusher Arden Key.

18) Taylor McNamara USC 6'6" 265 lb blocking TE

17)Canadian TE---alright I'll pass 

16)George Kittle, TE, Iowa  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 247. Arm: 33.13. Hand: 9.25. 
40 Time: 4.52. 

3/18/17: Kittle used the combine to help his draft stock as he ran much faster than expected in the 40 and worked out well on the field. As a senior, he made 22 receptions for 314 yards with four touchdowns while playing in a rushing offense. Kittle had 20 catches for 290 yards and six scores as a junior.

15)Blake Jarwin, TE, Oklahoma State  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 242.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.74. 
Projected Round (2017): 4-6. 
3/18/17: On the year, Jarwin recorded 19 receptions for 309 yards and two touchdowns. He had a good week at the East-West Shrine where he blocked well and showed some receiving skills. Jarwin is a sleeper who could be a nice mid-round value.

14)  Tyrone Swoopes, TE, Texas  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 249.  
Projected 40 Time: 4.69. 
3/18/17: Swoopes played quarterback for Texas, but sources with multiple NFL teams are considering him as a future tight end for the NFL. They say that Swoopes has a good skill set for the position. They think he has hands for the position, but they definitely like his size and athletic ability to play tight end. Some teams think Swoopes could go in the early rounds of Day 3 at his new position.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just added Long doesn't make much sense to add another older vet IMO plus still have Means/MS2/McCallister.....The aim should be to get a younger guy IMO.....

True but MS2 so far is a bust(I mean really has he performed like a round 1 pick???) And Freeny can be had for a mil-not expensive at all

13) Eric Saubert, TE, Drake  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 253. Arm: 10.38. Hand: 33.5. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.74. 
3/18/17: Saubert showed his receiving skills at the Senior Bowl, continuing to use speed and athleticism to get separation from defenders. He will need to improve his blocking for the NFL, but his size allows him to match up with front seven defenders. Some scouting sources were raving about Saubert's route-running in the seven-on-seven drill. In a talented tight end class, Saubert could turn into a really nice value pick on Day 3 of the 2017 NFL Draft.

12) Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 247. Arm: 32.75. Hand: 10.  
3/18/17: Hikutini played really well in 2016, notching 49 receptions for 656 yards and eight touchdowns. The senior was a dangerous receiving threat in Louisville's point-machine offense. Hikutini will need to improve his blocking for the NFL. As a junior in 2015, he made 19 catches for 348 yards with three scores.

I'm looking over this TE class. I'm coming up with 20 guys  or so that could be good additions. Using Walter Football as a guide here is what we have:

Johnny Mundt  Oregon  
3/18/17: Mundt recorded 23 receptions for 334 yards and four touchdowns in 2016. He missed four games early in the season due to an injury. 

7/30/16: Mundt flashed real promise as a freshman when he caught 16 passes for 281 yards and three touchdowns. He was expected to break out in 2014, but injuries and poor blocking made it a lost year. He missed 12 games and had just two receptions for 29 yards on the season. Last year was terrible for Mundt as well, as he had five receptions for 39 yards and a score. Mundt has athleticism and receiving ability. 

AND 

Pharaoh Brown Oregon

3/18/17: Brown missed some time with injuries in 2016. On the year, he recorded 33 receptions for 426 yards and five touchdowns. 

7/30/16: Brown redshirted last year after suffering a knee injury in 2014. In the spring game, he flashed his old form, which is great news for his NFL hopes. Prior to his injury in 2014, he had 25 receptions for 420 yards with six touchdowns. Brown has some receiving skills and could end up rising.  

Walter football-UGH

Johnny Mundt  Oregon  

AND 

Pharaoh Brown Oregon

I'd take Pharoah if he was to slip into UDFA obscurity(had him as a UDAF on my mock

I see plenty to work with here and that's all outside the top 11. Real quality blocking TE options. Maybe a few blockers that just weren't exposed enough to pass catching in run heavy offenses. A QB conversion. Several guys that do good work in the red zone.

I see plenty to work with here and that's all outside the top 11. Real quality blocking TE options. Maybe a few blockers that just weren't exposed enough to pass catching in run heavy offenses. A QB conversion. Several guys that do good work in the red zone.

Yeah,if they can transition ok

9 hours ago, trini said:

I would of thought that Blount would have been a consideration... We have not had great luck with Ex Patriots, they sign here, on their way back to the Patsy's... that Safety we had here played like Crap for us, went back to New England and made Pro-Bowls. I just can't think of his name... not a player I want to remember... I suspect these old RB want to be paid for quite possibly their last contract.

The S from N.E. you're thinking of is Patrick Chung who did play like a bum!