Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

That mock leaves a lot of tough choices! Really like Barnett and realize Long is not the answer, but would have to go w/ Humphrey.

Really struggling with the draft.BPA?How is it possible to determine as only about 4 out of 10 draft picks are judged as a success with the gift of hindsight and there are so many total busts every year.There's a famous saying that "History repeats itself"so at 14 trade back and get a CB late in round 1,another late in round 2 and a RB late in round 3 and hey presto a new Lito,Sheldon and Westbrook.Well,it's supposed to be a draft loaded at cornerback and that could lead to a combination of Sidney Jones,Tabor,Moreau,Adoree Jackson.Mixon or Kareem Hunt.Take your pick.

That mock leaves a lot of tough choices! Really like Barnett and realize Long is not the answer, but would have to go w/ Humphrey.

Yeah i like these type of mocks coz its voted by people and not A.I like when doing simulations. Also its not just one person doing it.

Ham, I would take Sanders over Lewis. I like Lewis as the leader. But to me Deon is something I haven't seen in football. Lewis in short yardage. Deon every other down, His ability to shut down any WR except for Rice. Plus to me the best return man that I've ever seen. I could also use him on offense. He's the better player. Now, I think I know where you want to go with your point.... which is probably MLB vs CB. I would take Ray Lewis over every other CB, including Revis because he is a pain in the arse contract wise... possible exception is Darrell Greene, because he also gave the return ability, plus the longevity. Jerry Rice and Deon clearly to me over any other football player that wasn't a QB or a possible exception of Reggie White or LT. Do disrespect to Jim Brown, in todays game he would be smaller than 7 defenders, not just the DL, don't think the impact would be as much as before. And I say that with the idea he may be the best to play the game.

Really struggling with the draft.BPA?How is it possible to determine as only about 4 out of 10 draft picks are judged as a success with the gift of hindsight and there are so many total busts every year.There's a famous saying that "History repeats itself"so at 14 trade back and get a CB late in round 1,another late in round 2 and a RB late in round 3 and hey presto a new Lito,Sheldon and Westbrook.Well,it's supposed to be a draft loaded at cornerback and that could lead to a combination of Sidney Jones,Tabor,Moreau,Adoree Jackson.Mixon or Kareem Hunt.Take your pick.

Lito, Sheldon, Westbrook good picks but Eagles had the luxury at the time to select them with starters already on the team.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/3/30/15123430/eagles-chase-daniel-contract-sam-bradford-carson-wentz-quarterbacks-nick-foles-philadelphia-cap-room

Damn thats alot of money tied up

Ham, I would take Sanders over Lewis. I like Lewis as the leader. But to me Deon is something I haven't seen in football. Lewis in short yardage. Deon every other down, His ability to shut down any WR except for Rice. Plus to me the best return man that I've ever seen. I could also use him on offense. He's the better player. Now, I think I know where you want to go with your point.... which is probably MLB vs CB. I would take Ray Lewis over every other CB, including Revis because he is a pain in the arse contract wise... possible exception is Darrell Greene, because he also gave the return ability, plus the longevity. Jerry Rice and Deon clearly to me over any other football player that wasn't a QB or a possible exception of Reggie White or LT. Do disrespect to Jim Brown, in todays game he would be smaller than 7 defenders, not just the DL, don't think the impact would be as much as before. And I say that with the idea he may be the best to play the game.

Just got home - nice to hear from you again! Totally agree - in fact, Deon was the single best player at a given position I have ever seen. Great returner, of course - but he totally redefined how a corner should be played. When the ball was (rarely!) thrown in his half of the field, he absolutely played it as if it HE was the intended receiver. I watched non-Eagles games just to see him.

Hell all those guys on that list. Feak, starting with your guy Cory Davis... all are welcome here to Philly, regardless, BPA or Need pick... whatever description we apply, there are choices and flavors of player in this draft, still a Fournette guy... would Barnett, or John Ross work, Hell Yea...

Chase Daniel back to the Aints. Overpaid but he played his role well here.

The more I look at the holes in this team especially on the O, the more i'd like to slap that smirk off Chip Kellys face.

Chase Daniel back to the Aints. Overpaid but he played his role well here.

Anybody know what the Aints signed Daniel for? We have to pick up the rest of his salary.

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  8 hours ago, joemas6 said:
  13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  16 hours ago, trini said:

It the same story our Birds have won a few PAPER Championships. Howie has been magical, how is he finding money to sign these guys It has to play out on the field... Carson come's back with improved, disciplined Mechanics, develops great chemistry with the new guys... get a few players to shore up the D... Good Health... Few balls bouncing our way... A Bruising RB... The Wentz wagon rolls baby.

Never say never.I am old and have learned that.We lost 3 years under the devastating Chip regime.Lurie gave him his chance,but glad he did not wait all 5 years to get rid of this clown.Now we can actually begin building this team.And I will venture to say Pedersons year 2 is going to look alot better than Chips lol

yeah... we lost 7 years after the disaster 2005 season with more Andy Reid. We need to start drafting right. If the BPA on their board is a position that they haven't prioritized, due to their no championship winning philosophy of the last 20 plus years, ... this year I would like them to draft that player. TE, RB, LB or S, just take the player, it's not simply about 2017, you need to start doing things differently. While I would love to see DL, CB or WR taken first, if they take another position it is a good sign long term that change in philosophy is finally here.

Well we need a starting CB(possibly 2) to return Watkins to S where he is more proficient-JMO

Watkins as a S. Went fulltime last year. Was a reason why we sucked at the backend when Jenkins moved to the slot. Slow to react Watkins. I hope we dont see Jenkins back in the slot coz he struggled last year.

Wait. Watkins. Proficient. IN the same sentence. That's an oxymoron. I didn't see ANYTHING proficient about Watkins last year at any position. I hope the kid grows and improves, or is sent packing. The skill set he brought last year was not NFL caliber.

1 hour ago, vernally said:

Lito, Sheldon, Westbrook good picks but Eagles had the luxury at the time to select them with starters already on the team.

I do miss Westbrook. Love Sproles, but miss Westbrook. Really wish the Eagles could find another Reggie White, if there is one out there. He was so dominant. Unbelievable player at his position. I can't think of anyone that was really close to his talent. Anyone?

11 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Wait. Watkins. Proficient. IN the same sentence. That's an oxymoron. I didn't see ANYTHING proficient about Watkins last year at any position. I hope the kid grows and improves, or is sent packing. The skill set he brought last year was not NFL caliber.

That other S Terrence Brooks relieved Watkins when he had a concussion and made a few plays.

12 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

I do miss Westbrook. Love Sproles, but miss Westbrook. Really wish the Eagles could find another Reggie White, if there is one out there. He was so dominant. Unbelievable player at his position. I can't think of anyone that was really close to his talent. Anyone?

Reggie was the man! Maybe greatest player ever. But if being forced to compare JJ Watt is the closest thing I've seen. He's definitely had moments of being the best most dominant player in the league. At multiple positions.

1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  2 hours ago, vernally said:

JJ Watt be closest in this generation.

That Tennessee DT/DE Barnett, broke all Reggie record at Tennessee many here want Barnett he is a beast.

26 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

That other S Terrence Brooks relieved Watkins when he had a concussion and made a few plays.

Didn't he tear a quad that sidelined him for the season?

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  43 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Nah thats Ron Brooks. We have Brandon Brooks the G. Ron Brooks the CB. Terrance Brooks the S. He made the last INT to shut down the game against i cant remember. Cowboys or Giants..? Not sure. But those are the Brooks.

Part of the reason I can't get CB in the 1st out of my head is it's been so long since we had a good secondary. If it weren't for that have to agree on Barnett = Beast

18 minutes ago, ASG15 said:
  34 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  46 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Nah thats Ron Brooks. We have Brandon Brooks the G. Ron Brooks the CB. Terrance Brooks the S. He made the last INT to shut down the game against i cant remember. Cowboys or Giants..? Not sure. But those are the Brooks.

Too many Brooks I guess.

Was wondering the other night what Ron Brooks will be like coming back from injury.  So far the plan looks like if he's healthy, he's our #1 CB, Mills #2, Robinson in the slot - doesn't make me feel good.

Was wondering the other night what Ron Brooks will be like coming back from injury.  So far the plan looks like if he's healthy, he's our #1 CB, Mills #2, Robinson in the slot - doesn't make me feel good.

Nah Brooks wont be ranked as out no.1 when health. Hope not lol He plays majority from the slot. Hes an average player. Mills and Robinson most probably 1 and 2 on the depth chart so far. Brooks at 3. With Gratz and the rest filling the rest of the depth chart.

That was just to explain my wanting a starting CB in this draft.

Interesting from Fansided:

From what we’ve heard, Curry can play some defensive tackle if necessary which would put Fletcher Cox, Curry, Graham and Long on the field simultaneously (most likely in pass rushing situations). Truthfully, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea.