Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Franchise QB, Moves Promote Optimism

30 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  42 minutes ago, stine said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  3 hours ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, trini said:

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

Absolutely NO! Jenkins strength is to play safety. He is the QB of the defense and can force mistakes by opposing QB's with his play. He is wasted as a slot CB and we lost so much when he had to do it. Much rather have anyone else play CB than him. That is not only my opinion but also of many more....

So if the Eagles are interested in drafting S Obi Melifonwu in the second round it would be to backup our starting safeties then? The author of the article insinuated that Melifonwu would be the new starter at safety and Jenkins would move back to outside corner. Thanks for the opinions.

Your welcome.... No way Eagles want Jenkins at CB. Just not the answer. Obi does not compare to him as a safety. He would be better suited as a CB, then used as a B/U safety.

The same article I was reading stated that the Eagles viewed Obi as a safety at the next level. For whats its worth. JMO but I am not taking a guy in the second round to be a backup. I guess it all depends on where he goes in the draft but the so called experts now say he will go in the second round. I want my second round pick to be on the field this year no matter what position he plays.

Well then I guess you can scratch off Davis and Williams,cause JMat is fine in the slot.My feeling on those guys is they would have to sit/learn a year then we can choose to keep or lose Alshon/Smith.I would still give them some snaps in relief of those guys cause you are NOT gonna sit Alshon and Smith

But taking Davis/Williams ensures you will have a WR corps beyond this season.Anxious to see what Bailey has.If we choose to go CB first,then I would be ok with Zay Jones@ WR.Not positive Conley makes it out of round 1 either,but still very good CB's in 2,3,4 and beyond as depth additions.At 2 we should still have a shot at Wilson/King/Moreau(who I like alot),maybe Awuzie but IMO that would be a bit of a reach.We shall see in less than 4 weeks and also want to keep track of who we bring in.This is gonna be a very weird draft with alot of gems found in later rounds.In later rounds or UDFA I would like to add Kazee,Griffin and Lampkin as depth CB's

6 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I would sit Smith for Davis

Actually I would put Smith in the slot

yeah but his outside speed is nice.Adding Davis would give us alot of play options/rotations

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah but his outside speed is nice.Adding Davis would give us alot of play options/rotations

Why can't he use his speed from the slot?

43 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

The real question I would have is if the plan with Peppers was slot CB would we play him on the outside as well and move him inside on nickle/dime packages????? 14 is bit high to draft a solely slot CB 

I would think with Peppers you are looking at a better version of Jenkins job last season. But even if he was just the slot corner/dime back that's like over 65 percent of the snaps nowadays. Add in STs. That's quit a contribution potentially.

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why can't he use his speed from the slot?

he can,depends how effective Davis is outside

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

he can,depends how effective Davis is outside

If I don't think the guy can start for us this year I'm not drafting him in the 1st that is only ok for QBs no way I sit them a year

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

If I don't think the guy can start for us this year I'm not drafting him in the 1st that is only ok for QBs no way I sit them a year

Yeah I can agree with that,so we would have to sit JMat-contract is up NEXT year.Smith/Davis could rotate back and forth outside/slot.It would give D's something else to have to make calls for.Would love to have Howard if Davis/Williams are gone.Some say both will be and if Howard is there it would make a nice mess for opposing D's lol(he's great in the slot as well) So I dunno which way we go.This draft is confusing,so much talent and so many holes we have

Then we have the RB mess(sigh).Maybe we get Charles,even if we do I still draft 1 this year.But then again if Joe Williams falls into UDFA territory,I'd be fine snagging him and Cohen as a future tandem

I have no clue what we do in this draft it is so wide open. So many people could fall to us and all of them we could use DE, DT, CB, WR, TE, RB, OT, LB we could use all of them the only position we are good at is QB lol

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

If I had the responsibility for drafting multiple CB's, in this draft I am using last years Green Bay game as my template for what skill set I need in my choices. As long as Aaron Rogers is still playing, the Eagles have to beat Green Bay to get to the Super Bowl. Rogers lit up our secondary last year by getting rid of the ball sometimes in two seconds. I have to have CB's that can consistently jam at the line of scrimmage. Nothing else will do for me.

A pass rush would have helped too lol

No doubt we need a much better pass rush however unless you are going up against lawn chairs on the offensive line, no one is going to get sacks against a QB that is getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds. That's where jamming at the line of scrimmage comes into play.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, stine said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:
  5 hours ago, trini said:

I didn't think MJ was that great of a corner, he had the speed to play outside... coming out of college seems to me when we plaid against Malcom the CB, he was the guy our QB picked on. I would like to see Mcieod and Jenkins a second year together in this D and year. I'am hoping he's got at least 2 yr's left, unless we trade him... You how Howie rolls. If it helps the Eagles he'll make the deal. 

Absolutely NO! Jenkins strength is to play safety. He is the QB of the defense and can force mistakes by opposing QB's with his play. He is wasted as a slot CB and we lost so much when he had to do it. Much rather have anyone else play CB than him. That is not only my opinion but also of many more....

So if the Eagles are interested in drafting S Obi Melifonwu in the second round it would be to backup our starting safeties then? The author of the article insinuated that Melifonwu would be the new starter at safety and Jenkins would move back to outside corner. Thanks for the opinions.

Your welcome.... No way Eagles want Jenkins at CB. Just not the answer. Obi does not compare to him as a safety. He would be better suited as a CB, then used as a B/U safety.

The same article I was reading stated that the Eagles viewed Obi as a safety at the next level. For whats its worth. JMO but I am not taking a guy in the second round to be a backup. I guess it all depends on where he goes in the draft but the so called experts now say he will go in the second round. I want my second round pick to be on the field this year no matter what position he plays.

Well then I guess you can scratch off Davis and Williams,cause JMat is fine in the slot.My feeling on those guys is they would have to sit/learn a year then we can choose to keep or lose Alshon/Smith.I would still give them some snaps in relief of those guys cause you are NOT gonna sit Alshon and Smith

That is what training camp is for GB. If Jmatt is fine in the slot why were they entertaining offers for him? He could yet be traded during the draft. Hard to say what is going to happen. Trey Burton could also be traded during the draft if the Eagles take Howard at 14.

Dion Jordan released by the Fins... was a Beast at Oregon... never showed up in Miami, a Bust. In hindsight glad we didn't give up a Top five pick for that guy.

http://eaglesaddict.com/2017/03/eagles-mock-draft-version-2-trading-down-in-round-1/

Looks like I wasn't the only one thinking this way. Then start McCaffery in the slot, trade JMat for another pick. We pick up 2 picks and shed JMats' contract for the following yr.

Caffs not a slot receiver he's a RB who can catch lol

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  2 hours ago, stine said:
  3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  5 hours ago, stine said:
  6 hours ago, trini said:

That is what training camp is for GB. If Jmatt is fine in the slot why were they entertaining offers for him? He could yet be traded during the draft. Hard to say what is going to happen. Trey Burton could also be traded during the draft if the Eagles take Howard at 14.

I'd like that trade off Howard for Burton-YEAH!! But who's gonna give up a 2 pick for him?

http://eaglesaddict.com/2017/03/eagles-mock-draft-version-2-trading-down-in-round-1/

Looks like I wasn't the only one thinking this way. Then start McCaffery in the slot, trade JMat for another pick. We pick up 2 picks and shed JMats' contract for the following yr.

All kinds of mocks out there,trade up,trade down.Like Freak said it's a wish/dream.We just have to wait

That mocks is AWFUL!!! To ignore WR's completely is foolish with ZERO gurantees Alshon and Smith will be here after this season.If Detroit wants JMat,I'm ok with that trade

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

I have no clue what we do in this draft it is so wide open. So many people could fall to us and all of them we could use DE, DT, CB, WR, TE, RB, OT, LB we could use all of them the only position we are good at is QB lol

The fact we can use everything is why it is such a great thing to go BPA.....Added bonus is that the draft is deepest in what is likely our most glaring holes at CB and RB 

Simply one of the many scenarios that could play out. We're all talking about these players we'd like, just a way to get 2 more that actually makes sense.

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That mocks is AWFUL!!! To ignore WR's completely is foolish with ZERO gurantees Alshon and Smith will be here after this season.If Detroit wants JMat,I'm ok with that trade

Eagles have full control over Alshon and Smith next year if we want them they will be back that simple.....ALshon we can tag if we can't get a deal done and we have options on Smith if we want him back....I not saying neglect WR honestly like a mid-round guy with high upside(IE Noah Brown OSU) that can sit and learn year or so be the 4th WR....

I think I have like 11 guys I think the Eagles might take in round 1.... In NO SPECIFIC ORDER!!!!!!! 

Mike Williams      Marshon Lattimore            Solomon Thomas          Jon Allen

Corey Davis        Derek Barnett                   Reuben Foster               OJ Howard 

John Ross           Taco Charlton                   Haason Reddick

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Eagles have full control over Alshon and Smith next year if we want them they will be back that simple.....ALshon we can tag if we can't get a deal done and we have options on Smith if we want him back....I not saying neglect WR honestly like a mid-round guy with high upside(IE Noah Brown OSU) that can sit and learn year or so be the 4th WR....

That was my point.even if we don't hit Davis/Williams,you just cannot igore the WR pipeline.People(even stars) get hurt also