Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No 'Off' Season For Eagles Coaching Staff

• Read up a little on Hamilton, didn't post anything because there's nothing to post about. Ping ponged on Seattle's PS the past few yrs, not stats.

Perine from what I have read is a 2 dn back, would complement the other guys well. I don't think he would last to the 99 pick in the 3rd?

it seems the Eagles have upped their game in scouting. I love what they have done in the off season so far, and last years draft was great. I am curious where they go with the first pick, and if they stay put at 14 . I would like to see them get the BPA and look at needs later in the draft. Corners are deep RBs are deep, DE's are semi deep, and that is most of what they need. I still think WR could be addressed but for the first pick you really want a week 1 starter, and that isn't likely @ WR with the new additions. I would love to see them get RB Fournette, but would probably have to move up for that. This is going to be fun , glad the draft is in Philly, Go Eagles!!!

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

what round?

think he is rated as a 4th rounder so round 4

Cool.but like my mock alot.Makes sense,covers alot And Conner is as good as Perrine.Low center of gravity HAHA well ok I give you that,how about Conner is 2 inches taller so he can catch passes better lol

sounding like Beau is out till sometime around the start of the season.....was a big off-season for him to 

yeah it's a HIT no doubt

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FL the NFL isn't interested in reducing ticket prices. That's for sure. Their agenda seems to be more about eliminating seats for luxury suites. ATL new stadium is going to break the bank with all the money they get on those boxes.

Yeah sad,the "average Joe fan" who buys the gear.buys 6.00 hot dogs at the stadium gives way to corp favors,frivolity and elbow rubbing(which sometimes pays off later but....) Totally forgetting WHO butters their bread(once again(

This fan isn't buying anymore gear until the Eagles win a Super Bowl. The last Jersey I bought was Jon Runyan.

i have 2 jerseys now,. the first was Bobby Hoying(long story), but I am sporting a #11 now.(Runyan was a beast)

Perine from what I have read is a 2 dn back, would complement the other guys well. I don't think he would last to the 99 pick in the 3rd?

He'll last longer that that.Conner was a lock 2/3 easy.Getting him in round 5 is total value and leaves higher picks for other needs

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cool.but like my mock alot.Makes sense,covers alot And Conner is as good as Perrine.Low center of gravity HAHA well ok I give you that,how about Conner is 2 inches taller so he can catch passes better lol

Like I said fine with either guy I prefer Perine just preference.....Don't think you can go wrong with either guy if we go that direction 

So Sproles(with the lowest center of gravity in the NFL) should be a total demolition expert lol.I understand,but I gotta poke the lion some lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

So Sproles(with the lowest center of gravity in the NFL) should be a total demolition expert lol.I understand,but I gotta poke the lion some lol

Sproles low center does make that man a handful seen him bounce off a few guys and get on rolling 

Low center only goes so far though when you are a 170 soaking wet lol and everyone else is easy 200 plus 

I think Fournette is the guy we need. Love John Ross, Foster, Hassan, Davis, Howard, Barnett, sooo many flavors. Beau Allens untimely injury could warrant DT with the 14 th pick. That kid with the athritic shoulders...C.R.S...cant think of his name, he is dropping in the ratings, rated #2 DT... any how are we thinking DT?

I think Fournette is the guy we need. Love John Ross, Foster, Hassan, Davis, Howard, Barnett, sooo many flavors. Beau Allens untimely injury could warrant DT with the 14 th pick. That kid with the athritic shoulders...C.R.S...cant think of his name, he is dropping in the ratings, rated #2 DT... any how are we thinking DT?

You're not getting Fournette and you know I don;t like Ross lol.Beau may be back,or grab UDAF for insurance.Don't know if this changes draft boards

If the Jags pass on Fournette with pick 4,they are beyond stupid

Hey GBinFl, do you remember a long time ago I asked you who the hardest hitting LB in this draft was, and you told me Foster... you also said NOoo Waaay is he going to be around at 14... I believed you then... but as you know, many think Foster is going to fall, maybe to us at 14. This the Season of misinformation and misdirection... could we move up? Would we move up for Fournette? Soooooo many Flavors. If Foster, Davis and Howard are there, which Flavor would we choose?

'@ c-hamtheman... so many disclaimers amount Allen, lately.... and yea he is a Beast. Beau exceed my expectations I looked at him as Only, a Big plug in the middle of our D but he has shown much more. If Allen is available, does Beau's injury force us to pay more attention to Allen.

If you have a shot at Allen in the draft you take him. You are looking at that Fletcher Cox compliment. Jernigan is most likely one and done. But I think Allen surpasses him anyway. But I could see having Jernigan begin the season as the starter to give way to Allen.

Hey GBinFl, do you remember a long time ago I asked you who the hardest hitting LB in this draft was, and you told me Foster... you also said NOoo Waaay is he going to be around at 14... I believed you then... but as you know, many think Foster is going to fall, maybe to us at 14. This the Season of misinformation and misdirection... could we move up? Would we move up for Fournette? Soooooo many Flavors. If Foster, Davis and Howard are there, which Flavor would we choose?

'@ c-hamtheman... so many disclaimers amount Allen, lately.... and yea he is a Beast. Beau exceed my expectations I looked at him as Only, a Big plug in the middle of our D but he has shown much more. If Allen is available, does Beau's injury force us to pay more attention to Allen.

Wasnt me you asked.I dont do linemen lol

10 hours ago, trini said:

Wasnt me you asked.I dont do linemen lol

2 things this time of year 1)everyone will fall to us 2) noone will be there at 14

Everyone overlooking Conner(even Lawlor) and why I think he falls to the 5th round.I'd still take him there-extreme value A 2/3 round RB in 5? Yeah I'm there all day lol.Fix other spots,add Conner in 5 and I'm a happy boy

GBinFl since you have already acknowledged that you are a CRS sufferer, like me... it is possible that you Forgot?... hehehe "snicker snicker" that you told me Foster was the hardest hitting LB...It could also mean that I asked Freak and it was he that told me No Way Foster falls to 14. Anyhoo, my point was with so many choices and flavors in this Draft, aside from Myles Garrett, we won't know until the Dominos fall.

Then again Cleveland passed on Carson Wentz last year. Is Garrett guaranteed to go #1... we talking about Cleveland.lol. Could Fournette get by the Jags who need a QB, or Carolina, would we move up if he is in striking Distance. Is he even a player we like?  That what's a little maddening about this draft... sooo many choices  It could work to our advantage.

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you have a shot at Allen in the draft you take him. You are looking at that Fletcher Cox compliment. Jernigan is most likely one and done. But I think Allen surpasses him anyway. But I could see having Jernigan begin the season as the starter to give way to Allen.

You have to have concerns with Allen's shoulders though....That is what our medical guys get paid for but that is a big reason why they are saying he could fall 

GBinFl since you have already acknowledged that you are a CRS sufferer, like me... it is possible that you Forgot?... hehehe "snicker snicker" that you told me Foster was the hardest hitting LB...It could also mean that I asked Freak and it was he that told me No Way Foster falls to 14. Anyhoo, my point was with so many choices and flavors in this Draft, aside from Myles Garrett, we won't know until the Dominos fall.

Then again Cleveland passed on Carson Wentz last year. Is Garrett guaranteed to go #1... we talking about Cleveland.lol. Could Fournette get by the Jags who need a QB, or Carolina, would we move up if he is in striking Distance. Is he even a player we like?  That what's a little maddening about this draft... sooo many choices  It could work to our advantage.

Don't remember if GB told you that Foster was the hardest hitting linebacker in the draft or not but I know that I did. LOL He is like a sledge hammer. Just the kind of guy we could use in the middle to clean up the opposing teams run game. Hicks could be moved to the outside where his athletic ability could shine a lot more.

25 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

You have to have concerns with Allen's shoulders though....That is what our medical guys get paid for but that is a big reason why they are saying he could fall 

Sure there are concerns with his shoulders. But the flip side is the guy was one of the most dominant defenders...with hurt shoulders. So the upside is obviously huge.

15 hours ago, PhillyRod said:

i have 2 jerseys now,. the first was Bobby Hoying(long story), but I am sporting a #11 now.(Runyan was a beast)

You know that kind of scares the crap out of me that you(big time Eag fan) has only two jerseys. Hoying and now Wentz? I really hope there aren't comparisons between the two. You couldn't even use a Hoying jersey on a scarecrow. It would defeat the purpose.