Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No 'Off' Season For Eagles Coaching Staff

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  49 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  55 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

, Curtis Samuel, in Round 2. Samuel (5-foot-11, 196 pounds) did a little bit of everything during his three years with the Buckeyes. He rushed for close to 800 yards last year (7.9 yards per carry) and eight touchdowns and added 74 receptions for 865 yards with seven TDs.

Samuel is an interesting player might comapre nicely to Ty Montgomery of GB.....Don't think he can be a full time RB but would fit nicely in that receiving role  

We need a grinder back to run out the 4th quarter clock.Maybe Watson is the guy,haven't seen enough of him or grab a late one like DeVeon Smith or Joe Williams.How many "finesse" RB's do we need? Marshall can do that.Tarik Cohen as a UDFA could be the Sproles guy if we don;t thin he;s on the roster right now

Keep an eye on Bonnet. He can play the FB role. Now that Pederson said hes not looking for one now. But he was originally a TE. Could be 4 string TE, FB, RB.

4th QTR i really just want someone whos not gonna choke the ball up.. Ryan Matthews!

LMAO good point if onnet sticks!!! One more gold star for Freak

12 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  52 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  58 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

, Curtis Samuel, in Round 2. Samuel (5-foot-11, 196 pounds) did a little bit of everything during his three years with the Buckeyes. He rushed for close to 800 yards last year (7.9 yards per carry) and eight touchdowns and added 74 receptions for 865 yards with seven TDs.

Samuel is an interesting player might comapre nicely to Ty Montgomery of GB.....Don't think he can be a full time RB but would fit nicely in that receiving role  

We need a grinder back to run out the 4th quarter clock.Maybe Watson is the guy,haven't seen enough of him or grab a late one like DeVeon Smith or Joe Williams.How many "finesse" RB's do we need? Marshall can do that.Tarik Cohen as a UDFA could be the Sproles guy if we don;t thin he;s on the roster right now

Keep an eye on Bonnet. He can play the FB role. Now that Pederson said hes not looking for one now. But he was originally a TE. Could be 4 string TE, FB, RB.

4th QTR i really just want someone whos not gonna choke the ball up.. Ryan Matthews!

LMAO good point if onnet sticks!!! One more gold star for Freak

Bonnett

Just now, 1wrangler said:

You guys are worried about getting a bruiser to get the 3rd or 4th and ones? Tom Brady can get them by himself. Whoops, I forgot, Brady has a center in front of him that can move people.

Hey hey hey I have said this same thing for awhile I like to use Brees in the last playoff game we where in man was getting 4-5 yards on QB sneaks untouched.... I like Bruiser at all times have a guy like Lynch running the ball all game and D get tired fast lol  

One of my favorite RBs in this class is Perine who we can likely land in the 4th round I am all for a big bruiser get a guy who isn't afraid to lower his shoulder dish out some punishment.....Gallman should still be on our board as well he has been kinda losing some steam lately but he isn't afraid to lower his shoulder either plus HUGE bonus coming out of the backfield  

Guys like DeVeon Smith and Joe Williams are underrated.7th,UDAF.PT basher/game closer.Rotate them in with Smalls/Marshall throughout the game

13 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

One of my favorite RBs in this class is Perine who we can likely land in the 4th round I am all for a big bruiser get a guy who isn't afraid to lower his shoulder dish out some punishment.....Gallman should still be on our board as well he has been kinda losing some steam lately but he isn't afraid to lower his shoulder either plus HUGE bonus coming out of the backfield  

Guys like DeVeon Smith and Joe Williams are underrated.7th,UDAF.PT basher/game closer.Rotate them in with Smalls/Marshall throughout the game

AND GET BLOUNT!!

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

I like Smith haven't looked a ton at Joe(know there is a ton of flags around him) but I like Perine more..... Pass on Blount think you can get younger and better RB then him in the draft 

What conclusions did Pedey and staff come to when self scouting? What new adjustments and ideas does he have ahead? This isn't a just going along for the ride coaching staff. They are hungry. Good coaches but they don't get the opportunity to feel comfortable about their jobs.

Ham,like this staff alot-wrker bees,guys that "do the time" And with luck I hope our scouting staff is fixed.No mre MS2's and AG's.This is the draft we need to NAIL

9 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Be a nice outlet for Wentz playing with him at NDSU sure Wentz has a ton of trust in him.....

Another good point!!

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I like Smith haven't looked a ton at Joe(know there is a ton of flags around him) but I like Perine more..... Pass on Blount think you can get younger and better RB then him in the draft 

Does Smalls have enough experience in your op??? Don't see Rmat here at season start

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well check out Joe.if you see what I see,he is very underrated(possible late draft steal).Get Blount in here on a 1-2 let the guys we get learn something.See no harm in bringing Blount in at an acceptable price

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Does Smalls have enough experience in your op??? Don't see Rmat here at season start

Exp. vet we have Sproles think he has plenty....Smalls showed some flashes as a rookie need a guy that can carry the majority of the load which is where the rook will come in 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Exp. vet we have Sproles think he has plenty....Smalls showed some flashes as a rookie need a guy that can carry the majority of the load which is where the rook will come in 

Zeke-exception.Hard to say if a rook can carry the load.We cannot afford to be wrong

Zeke really isn't the exception see rookie Rbs do it quite often....Howard for the Bears, Morris for the Skins, Rob Kelley did nice for the Skins last year, Gurley, 

Rawls another example for the Hawks 

Also if you feel like your rookie is not ready going to be plenty of good vets still on the market at RB as well that we can sign after so no rush to get one right away...... Paul Perkins another example came on late for the Giants but if given a chance early think he would have done well still 

Good timing on this thread. Kempski wrote an article recently in which he stated out of the 59 day 3 draftees over the past 10, Kelce is our only pro bowler ( twice ). Here's where the scouts have to earn their money this yr. Seahawks had 10 btw. The difference in winning % between teams who picked well on day 3 and those who didn't is amazing.

Zeke really isn't the exception see rookie Rbs do it quite often....Howard for the Bears, Morris for the Skins, Rob Kelley did nice for the Skins last year, Gurley, 

Rawls another example for the Hawks 

well for every success there are 2 busts lol.Just think with Blount and Sproles in the backfield and their various replacements in the wings,we have a RB pipeline started and as you know I'm all for pipelines like the Pats have

Good timing on this thread. Kempski wrote an article recently in which he stated out of the 59 day 3 draftees over the past 10, Kelce is our only pro bowler ( twice ). Here's where the scouts have to earn their money this yr. Seahawks had 10 btw. The difference in winning % between teams who picked well on day 3 and those who didn't is amazing.

Yeah we gotta get this one right,and add to that the fact Chip let potentially good players walk outta here

8 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah we gotta get this one right,and add to that the fact Chip let potentially good players walk outta here

Potentially?. How about the proven talent he got rid of.

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I always saw day three as a crap shoot. Take some big swings. Maybe an injured guy. The first day of the draft is some what scripted. Hit or miss there are the top athletes. Most on all boards high. I always thought of day two as the meat of the draft. Two rounds stocked with some potentially franchise changing athletes. Just my take.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  14 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Potentially?. How about the proven talent he got rid of.

I was talking about the future,we cant change the past

14 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I always saw day three as crap shoot. Take some big swings. Maybe an injured guy. The first day of the draft is some what scripted. Hit or miss there are the top athletes. Most on all boards high. I always thought of day two as the meat of the draft. Two rounds stocked with some potentially franchise changing athletes. Just my take.

Ditto that my friend

The attention given by this FO to the speed guys in this draft, really makes you think how much that was missing last year. Just couldn't stretch the field....at all. Definitely looking to Torrey for that. But you just can't argue that some speed on O is still needed...pretty badly.

day 1 draft should be end of March.Gives fans time to "get to know your #1 draft pick" and get them acclimated(I mean since you are spending the loot on them).Would go a long way in my view to "make fans happier" as Goodell said he wants.A week later finish it up.Would shorten up the lull some and keeps fans interested.My take

The attention given by this FO to the speed guys in this draft, really makes you think how much that was missing last year. Just couldn't stretch the field....at all. Definitely looking to Torrey for that. But you just can't argue that some speed on O is still needed...pretty badly.

As you know by now I opt for Davis,put Torrey in the slot/rotate them depending on your opponent and play called.You could change this up/adjust as needed.Gives us alot of leeway.Got an opponent with a slower slot corner-Torreys your guy,got a smaller guy there? Davis is your answer lol