Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No 'Off' Season For Eagles Coaching Staff

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The attention given by this FO to the speed guys in this draft, really makes you think how much that was missing last year. Just couldn't stretch the field....at all. Definitely looking to Torrey for that. But you just can't argue that some speed on O is still needed...pretty badly.

As you know by now I opt for Davis,put Torrey in the slot/rotate them depending on your opponent and play called.You could change this up/adjust as needed.Gives us alot of leeway.Got an opponent with a slower slot corner-Torreys your guy,got a smaller guy there? Davis is your answer lol

And D;s still have to contend with Sproles/Ertz and your RB of choice lol

28 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Good timing on this thread. Kempski wrote an article recently in which he stated out of the 59 day 3 draftees over the past 10, Kelce is our only pro bowler ( twice ). Here's where the scouts have to earn their money this yr. Seahawks had 10 btw. The difference in winning % between teams who picked well on day 3 and those who didn't is amazing.

I always saw day three as a crap shoot. Take some big swings. Maybe an injured guy. The first day of the draft is some what scripted. Hit or miss there are the top athletes. Most on all boards high. I always thought of day two as the meat of the draft. Two rounds stocked with some potentially franchise changing athletes. Just my take.

Actually in THIS draft round 4 should be considered like round 3.Still MANY good players will be there,guys that can really help your squad.Do your "crap shoot" in 5,6,7 lol

I like Williams. He isn't the burner so much though. And will likely be gone(along with Davis). So I can understand the interest in Ross. And checking out Samuel. Godwin... whomever. Speed is a need.

Torrey is fast,JMatt is no slouch(unless we replace him) Alshon toss it up there and let him go get it lol.I think we'll be much better than last year(well DUH!!!) HAHA

I like Williams. He isn't the burner so much though. And will likely be gone(along with Davis). So I can understand the interest in Ross. And checking out Samuel. Godwin... whomever. Speed is a need.

So who do you see taking Williams and Davis?I would avoid Ross but thats just me.Godwin I like and others later should we not get the other 2.Wrang has said the Bucs would move up for Davis or it's rumored anyway.Corey will be a star,no doubt in my mind.Knowing what you know now would you move up for O'Dell Beckham?Not sure we would move for Davis,but if he falls to 14 I would have no problem pulling that trigger lol

10 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So who do you see taking Williams and Davis?I would avoid Ross but thats just me.Godwin I like and others later should we not get the other 2.Wrang has said the Bucs would move up for Davis or it's rumored anyway.Corey will be a star,no doubt in my mind.Knowing what you know now would you move up for O'Dell Beckham?Not sure we would move for Davis,but if he falls to 14 I would have no problem pulling that trigger lol

AZ is in a quandry here(pick 13) Do they get a Fitz replacement or a Palmer replacement? lol

I wish it were so--since the Eagles now own the 4th round with 3 picks (if you count #99, which I do), but there's no way Samaje Perine is going to last until the 4th. I know he's been projected to go there by CBS, but Mayock lists Perine as the 5th best RB in the draft (it was formerly Mixon), due to Perine's impressive showing at the Combine (especially at the benchpress). Perine might even go as early as the late 2nd round, though I'd bet on the 3rd round, which the Eagles just moved back in (and for all intents and purposes out of). Hopefully, Perine will be around when the Eagles make their #99 pick. But my guess is that he won't be, and that they'll take RB James Connor or Wayne Gallman at #99 instead, who aren't as promising, IMO, or according to Mayock.

If the Eagles could draft Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, and Tarik Cohen (as Sproules replacement), I think they'd have one of the best backfields in the NFL over the next few years. Since all three players compliment each other perfectly: Mixon, because he's got ideal versatility--he can do it all, and Perine because he's a bull that simply refuses to go down--the guy's got incredible strength and an unbelievably strong will to stay on his feet (which counts for just about everything in my book--as he looks harder to tackle than Ezekiel Elliott), and Cohen because he's so fast and quick, and can change direction on a dime--a lot like LeSean McCoy. So unless the Eagles trade up for Fournette or take McCaffrey or Cook at #14, they can get everything they *need* from those three players.

And yet, the Eagles have already canceled Mixon's visit (rudely I wonder? or did they reschedule?) and Howard Eskin thinks they've cooled on him. Nor did the Eagles even bother to meet with Cohen at the Combine, who ran one of the best 40s there--but instead met with Donnel Pumphrey, who's fast, yes, but doesn't impress me like Cohen. Fortunately they did meet with Perine, but they'd be crazy not to.

At the very least, its imperative that the Eagles find two very good starting CBs and a #1 RB in this year's draft. & they can't afford to miss at those picks (which is why they should take multiple players at those positions). Though I'd also like to see them draft a very promising edge rusher & a starting LB too.

I wish it were so--since the Eagles now own the 4th round with 3 picks (if you count #99, which I do), but there's no way Samaje Perine is going to last until the 4th. I know he's been projected to go there by CBS, but Mayock lists Perine as the 5th best RB in the draft (it was formerly Mixon), due to Perine's impressive showing at the Combine (especially at the benchpress). Perine might even go as early as the late 2nd round, though I'd bet on the 3rd round, which the Eagles just moved back in (and for all intents and purposes out of). Hopefully, Perine will be around when the Eagles make their #99 pick. But my guess is that he won't be, and that they'll take RB James Connor or Wayne Gallman at #99 instead, who aren't as promising, IMO, or according to Mayock.

If the Eagles could draft Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, and Tarik Cohen (as Sproules replacement), I think they'd have one of the best backfields in the NFL over the next few years. Since all three players compliment each other perfectly: Mixon, because he's got ideal versatility--he can do it all, and Perine because he's a bull that simply refuses to go down--the guy's got incredible strength and an unbelievably strong will to stay on his feet (which counts for just about everything in my book--as he looks harder to tackle than Ezekiel Elliott), and Cohen because he's so fast and quick, and can change direction on a dime--a lot like LeSean McCoy. So unless the Eagles trade up for Fournette or take McCaffrey or Cook at #14, they can get everything they *need* from those three players.

And yet, the Eagles have already canceled Mixon's visit (rudely I wonder? or did they reschedule?) and Howard Eskin thinks they've cooled on him. Nor did the Eagles even bother to meet with Cohen at the Combine, who ran one of the best 40s there--but instead met with Donnel Pumphrey, who's fast, yes, but doesn't impress me like Cohen. Fortunately they did meet with Perine, but they'd be crazy not to.

At the very least, its imperative that the Eagles find two very good starting CBs and a #1 RB in this year's draft. & they can't afford to miss at those picks (which is why they should take multiple players at those positions). Though I'd also like to see them draft a very promising edge rusher & a starting LB too.

Wait what Bench Press pushed him upto the 2nd round?? Come on now lol

GENETIC-FREAK writes, "Wait what Bench Press pushed him upto the 2nd round?? Come on now lol"

I didn't say it was *just* because Perine out bench pressed every other RB at the Combine, or that he also out benched virtually every O-L player too, with 30 reps. How many RBs have done that in Combine history? Nor did I say I thought he'd go in the 2nd round, but he could, if there are other teams that think as highly of him as Mayock does. What I wrote is that I'd be surprised if he makes it to the 4th round. I don't think he will.

Perine is unusually strong for a RB. He has tremendous upper body strength for a RB, and when that kind of strength is combined with his remarkable sense of balance and ability to stay on his feet after getting hit, even multiple times, it makes him very difficult to tackle. Defensive backs bounce off of him. That's rare to see, and explains why Perine was able to run for over 400 yards in a single game in college, and broke multiple school records, one of them held for over 40 years.  He also has a very good sense of where to make his cuts.  That kind of athletic ability will translate well to any league, IMO.

But what was working in the Eagles potential favor is that the faster, more versatile Joe Mixon arrived at Oklahoma and despite sitting out for a year, partly took the spotlight away from Perine. So Perine got less carries in his senior year, and less attention. Indeed Mayock originally named Mixon as the 5th best RB in the draft, and later replaced him with Perine after the Combine. Before that, Perine wasn't expected to go until the 3rd or 4th round, which was perfect for the Eagles--that is, before they traded their 3rd pick away for Kerningan, who admittedly looks like a good pick up too.

Have a look at Perine's highlight reel, & I think you'll see why I'm so high on this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000789100/Samaje-Perine-outbenches-every-other-RB-at-combine

9 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

draft in 3 weeks.Can we last that long without slitting each others throats? Time will tell HAHA."And with the 14th pick in the 2017 NFL draft,the Philadelphia Eagles select...." WAIT I need my Prozac!!!!

Send me some Xanax,a bunch,LOL. When it comes time that were on the board my heart is gonna be beating out of my chest! "This is the big one Elizabeth,I'm comin' to join ya' hunny" ☺

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AZ is in a quandary here(pick 13) Do they get a Fitz replacement or a Palmer replacement? lol

I feel that given the weakness of the QB class this year (I don't see one that's a Day 1 Starter unless your team is on a near complete rebuild) that you can pick up a 'sitter' in the 2nd Rd. FWIW-Daniel Jeremiah's 4.0 Mock on NFL.com has AZ takin' Ross at #13 & Eagles takin' Foster at #14.

Eric Rowe's playing time in '17 will determine pick Pats ship to Eagles:

The answer will ultimately determine what draft choice the Patriots send to the Philadelphia Eagles next year. If Rowe plays more than 50 percent of the snaps this season, New England ships its third-round pick to Philadelphia. If it's less than 50 percent, it's a fourth-rounder.………

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4802347/eric-rowes-playing-time-in-17-will-determine-pick-pats-ship-to-eagles

No matter what,I bet any money they find a way to play Rowe just under 50% so they only have to give us a 4th. Rowe only played 43.4% of the D snaps last season.

More News For Anyone Interested Apr 6, 2017, 9:37am EDT

Timmy Jernigan could be a double-digit sack player in the Eagles’ scheme:

1 - What was the reaction to this trade from Ravens fans? Do fans wish the Ravens kept him?………………

2 - How would you grade this trade from the Ravens’ perspective? Is it a good deal? Why or why not?……………

3 - What are his strengths? "Timmy is strong and quick. He plays with an edge and is an enforcer on the field. His bull rush is top notch and he is adept at penetrating into the backfield."

4 - What are his weaknesses? "Lack of ideal stamina is his biggest weakness. He often tires late in games and late in the season. Jernigan is also prone to making bone headed decisions that result in penalty occasionally."

5 - Moving forward, to what extent do you think his slow end to the 2016 season (no sacks in the last seven games) is a concern? Do you believe he can he be a good starting 4-3 defensive tackle for the Eagles?  Jernigan was miscast as a two-gap space eater, he is better at penetrating. The Ravens entire pass defense regressed in the second half of the season as top cover corner Jimmy Smith dealt with injury and the offense was largely unable to sustain drives. For example, Terrell Suggs led the team in sacks last season, he posted six in the first half and two in the second."

6 - To the best of your knowledge, what’s Jernigan like off the field? 

"At FSU he kept his nose clean for the most part but did reportedly fail a drug test before the draft while caused his slide to the second round. There were rumors he clashed with HC John Harbaugh and Harbaugh did throw him under the bus in public once or twice which was out of character for him.

Timmy also has a bit of diva in him. For instance he told the local media he was aiming for the Pro Bowl before his second season which was unusual because the Ravens usually focus on team goals."

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/6/15204048/timmy-jernigan-eagles-ravens-trade-double-digit-sack-player-defensive-tackle-profile-get-to-know

I sure hope that he learned something from this experience. I believe that if he has his crap in one pile that he can be a difference maker on this DL and a step up from Bennie Logan. Not dissing Bennie,I liked him a lot,but you should always look to improve if you want any kind of a shot at winning the SB 'cause we all know that the margin of error to accomplish that milestone is very slim.

GENETIC-FREAK writes, "Wait what Bench Press pushed him upto the 2nd round?? Come on now lol"

I didn't say it was *just* because Perine out bench pressed every other RB at the Combine, or that he also out benched virtually every O-L player too, with 30 reps. How many RBs have done that in Combine history? Nor did I say I thought he'd go in the 2nd round, but he could, if there are other teams that think as highly of him as Mayock does. What I wrote is that I'd be surprised if he makes it to the 4th round. I don't think he will.

Perine is unusually strong for a RB. He has tremendous upper body strength for a RB, and when that kind of strength is combined with his remarkable sense of balance and ability to stay on his feet after getting hit, even multiple times, it makes him very difficult to tackle. Defensive backs bounce off of him. That's rare to see, and explains why Perine was able to run for over 400 yards in a single game in college, and broke multiple school records, one of them held for over 40 years.  He also has a very good sense of where to make his cuts.  That kind of athletic ability will translate well to any league, IMO.

But what was working in the Eagles potential favor is that the faster, more versatile Joe Mixon arrived at Oklahoma and despite sitting out for a year, partly took the spotlight away from Perine. So Perine got less carries in his senior year, and less attention. Indeed Mayock originally named Mixon as the 5th best RB in the draft, and later replaced him with Perine after the Combine. Before that, Perine wasn't expected to go until the 3rd or 4th round, which was perfect for the Eagles--that is, before they traded their 3rd pick away for Kerningan, who admittedly looks like a good pick up too.

Have a look at Perine's highlight reel, & I think you'll see why I'm so high on this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000789100/Samaje-Perine-outbenches-every-other-RB-at-combine

Eagles have 35th pick in the 3rd round. They did not give it up. They just slid 25 slots...

As I said before. I feel the Eagles will draft Ross and I am gonna puke afterwards. Dude is a one trick pony like DJax. He will not play a full schedule, like DJax. He will take off plays, Like DJax. Do not get me wrong. He will stretch the field and open up things underneath, but I want a WR with the full arsenal.....

I read somewhere that there are a handful legit all pro potential picks and another dozen studs. Then like 30 tier 2 type picks and another 75 picks that are fairly equal of talent. So that would lead most to believe rounds 1-4 are real valuable this year.... Because the draft is full of talent in RB, WR and CB, it places the Eagles in great position to address all three positions.

That aint a true test of strength. Come on you seen what a real bench press is. Muscle endurance i would give him that. What else was impressive about his combine?? Guy just reminds me of Larry Johnson.

After the round 1-mid 2 picks NOONE can say "that guy wont be there" because NOONE knows what is on 32 teams boards

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Two teams ahead of us that are linked to Davis are Buffalo and Arizona. Other then Tampa I am not aware of the teams below us that are interested.

4 hours ago, MrSimpson said:

That aint a true test of strength. Come on you seen what a real bench press is. Muscle endurance i would give him that. What else was impressive about his combine?? Guy just reminds me of Larry Johnson.

I clipped my toe nails,so now I am off UDFA and into the 7th round!!! If I pluck my nose hair I should be in the mid 5th lol

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Two teams ahead of us that are linked to Davis are Buffalo and Arizona. Other then Tampa I am not aware of the teams below us that are interested.

What about Williams? Maybe they view him as a better fit?

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

What about Williams? Maybe they view him as a better fit?

Buffalo needs a QB,anything less is a fail lol

It's a highlight reel lol.I post them too,just to show athleticism.So far we are drafting Caff,Fournette,Cook,Mixon and now Perrine.Who's the next RB you are high on?

AZ is in a quandary here(pick 13) Do they get a Fitz replacement or a Palmer replacement? lol

I feel that given the weakness of the QB class this year (I don't see one that's a Day 1 Starter unless your team is on a near complete rebuild) that you can pick up a 'sitter' in the 2nd Rd. FWIW-Daniel Jeremiah's 4.0 Mock on NFL.com has AZ takin' Ross at #13 & Eagles takin' Foster at #14.

Boo

4 hours ago, MrSimpson said:

Eagles have 35th pick in the 3rd round. They did not give it up. They just slid 25 slots...

No the pick is pick 99 not 35 lol