Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No 'Off' Season For Eagles Coaching Staff

4 hours ago, MrSimpson said:

GENETIC-FREAK writes, "Wait what Bench Press pushed him upto the 2nd round?? Come on now lol"

I didn't say it was *just* because Perine out bench pressed every other RB at the Combine, or that he also out benched virtually every O-L player too, with 30 reps. How many RBs have done that in Combine history? Nor did I say I thought he'd go in the 2nd round, but he could, if there are other teams that think as highly of him as Mayock does. What I wrote is that I'd be surprised if he makes it to the 4th round. I don't think he will.

Perine is unusually strong for a RB. He has tremendous upper body strength for a RB, and when that kind of strength is combined with his remarkable sense of balance and ability to stay on his feet after getting hit, even multiple times, it makes him very difficult to tackle. Defensive backs bounce off of him. That's rare to see, and explains why Perine was able to run for over 400 yards in a single game in college, and broke multiple school records, one of them held for over 40 years.  He also has a very good sense of where to make his cuts.  That kind of athletic ability will translate well to any league, IMO.

But what was working in the Eagles potential favor is that the faster, more versatile Joe Mixon arrived at Oklahoma and despite sitting out for a year, partly took the spotlight away from Perine. So Perine got less carries in his senior year, and less attention. Indeed Mayock originally named Mixon as the 5th best RB in the draft, and later replaced him with Perine after the Combine. Before that, Perine wasn't expected to go until the 3rd or 4th round, which was perfect for the Eagles--that is, before they traded their 3rd pick away for Kerningan, who admittedly looks like a good pick up too.

Have a look at Perine's highlight reel, & I think you'll see why I'm so high on this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000789100/Samaje-Perine-outbenches-every-other-RB-at-combine

Eagles have 35th pick in the 3rd round. They did not give it up. They just slid 25 slots...

Oh sorry gotcha,coffee hasn't kicked in yet lol

11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I like Williams. He isn't the burner so much though. And will likely be gone(along with Davis). So I can understand the interest in Ross. And checking out Samuel. Godwin... whomever. Speed is a need.

As I said before. I feel the Eagles will draft Ross and I am gonna puke afterwards. Dude is a one trick pony like DJax. He will not play a full schedule, like DJax. He will take off plays, Like DJax. Do not get me wrong. He will stretch the field and open up things underneath, but I want a WR with the full arsenal.....

I'll bring the barf bags cause I will to if they draft him(see AG)

OK you math genuises.if there are 32 picks per round that is 96 picks in 3 rounds,yet we pick at 99 in round 3????(I'm missing something in this formula)

OK you math genuises.if there are 32 picks per round that is 96 picks in 3 rounds,yet we pick at 99 in round 3????(I'm missing something in this formula)

Unless there are "bye" picks in there,the math doesn't compute

Or is it multiple team picks in any round extend the number??? What I mean is like Cleveland has 2 picks,does that meant the round would have 33 picks instead of 32? I guess thats what happens.Watch the birds draft then turn it off usually(enlighten me) So Mr.Simpson is technically correct when he says 99 is really a 4th round pick.NFL should change that for clarity!!!

compensation picks begin round 3 my friend. Baltimore traded away theirs in exchange for our 3rd rounder. Thus 99th pick

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:
  11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AZ is in a quandary here(pick 13) Do they get a Fitz replacement or a Palmer replacement? lol

I feel that given the weakness of the QB class this year (I don't see one that's a Day 1 Starter unless your team is on a near complete rebuild) that you can pick up a 'sitter' in the 2nd Rd. FWIW-Daniel Jeremiah's 4.0 Mock on NFL.com has AZ takin' Ross at #13 & Eagles takin' Foster at #14.

Boo

I think both Foster and O.J. Howard could be there at 14 and maybe Cook as well. I'm actually hoping that the Eagles management has a tough decision to make. If you really want Corey Davis at 14 then hope he isn't healthy enough to run the 40 yard dash before the draft. It could help to make him fall to the Eagles. Some teams won't take a chance picking a guy that high unless they know his 40 yard dash time. They will want to know how to classify him slot/outside before they draft him.

compensation picks begin round 3 my friend. Baltimore traded away theirs in exchange for our 3rd rounder. Thus 99th pick

Got it

28 minutes ago, stine said:

Got it

Thank you

So,if I am understanding correctly round 1=32 picks,round 2=32 picks,round 3 can be any number of picks based on compensatory pick so MORE than 32 picks

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:
  12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

AZ is in a quandary here(pick 13) Do they get a Fitz replacement or a Palmer replacement? lol

I feel that given the weakness of the QB class this year (I don't see one that's a Day 1 Starter unless your team is on a near complete rebuild) that you can pick up a 'sitter' in the 2nd Rd. FWIW-Daniel Jeremiah's 4.0 Mock on NFL.com has AZ takin' Ross at #13 & Eagles takin' Foster at #14.

Boo

I think both Foster and O.J. Howard could be there at 14 and maybe Cook as well. I'm actually hoping that the Eagles management has a tough decision to make. If you really want Corey Davis at 14 then hope he isn't healthy enough to run the 40 yard dash before the draft. It could help to make him fall to the Eagles. Some teams won't take a chance picking a guy that high unless they know his 40 yard dash time. They will want to know how to classify him slot/outside before they draft him.

Noone knows who will be there lol Cards could go QB,as you said Bucs could move and you never know what Cleveland will do with 73 picks they have

So I guess we have another 4th round pick disguised as a third. LOL If JMatt is traded during the draft we could end up with 4 fourth round picks. I don't see the Eagles getting any more than a 4th for him in a last year of his contract. Of course they could get another player for him in a swap.

Boo

I don't believe he plans on running a 40,but he's gonna be a star in my view.if teams pass on him for that reason,I will take advantage of it

Thanks Stine.In all my years as a)loser) Eagles fan(UGH) I usually just turn on the tube to see our pick and never really paid attention to the format.Thank you for your explanation and this proves even at MY age,I can still learn something

30 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Boo

Noone knows who will be there lol Cards could go QB,as you said Bucs could move and you never know what Cleveland will do with 73 picks they have

Yeah, If Davis gets by the Bills he could fall to the Eagles. The next hurdle would be the Cardinals. Don't know how much they like a QB in this class but I have seen themed mocked to a QB or Davis. How do we even know whether they like Davis over Ross or not?

27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  50 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Boo

Yeah, If Davis gets by the Bills he could fall to the Eagles. The next hurdle would be the Cardinals. Don't know how much they like a QB in this class but I have seen themed mocked to a QB or Davis. How do we even know whether they like Davis over Ross or not?

We don't know nuttin-all we and the "pro" mockers can do is speculate.There are always some first round surpises.Yep Buff needs a QB,Jets,Cards too.Only 2 Qb's I see worth taking in 1(I wouldn't) and Cleveland as well,so there are 4 teams vying for 2 QB's as I see it.Depends on if those team think they are worthy of the pick

@ stine... If we pick Ross I would be ecstatic. Not saying that just to be disagreeable. I agree with most of you concerns small receiver, durability concerns, one-trick pony, lots of the same views we shared when DJax started his career here in Philly... My DJax issues... difficulty getting off press coverage, bigger, longer, taller CB seemed to be more effective against him... DJax had some Diva in him. That not the same player that beat us every time, and played a key role every time we faced those Deadskins. Jackson has become a much improved tactician and currently the # 1 Deep threat in the game.

My attraction for Ross who to me watching his tape, Ross is more than a speed guy. He has great hands, concentration, instincts, tough player . The element that Ross brings to the field is a guy that can run past Any, All players in today's N.F.L. NO One can catch him and it ain't even close. Imagine that tool at Carsons disposal. With our WR Group. Ross won't be the primary weapon on this team early in his career. There may be ten other player in this draft that offers a Dynamic element ... Davis, Fournette, McCaffery, Williams, Howard, Foster or Riddick paired with Hicks. Barnett. Only Ross brings that sudden and immediate Dynamic element... every time Ross touches the ball he could take it all the way. No one can stay with him, there are going to be lots of pass interference calls as he runs by Everyone...Hahahaha. Well one can dream.

BR report sez-Eagles should get Charles.I just prefer Blount because of fewer injuries(but see,either is part of my grand scheme lol)

@ stine... If we pick Ross I would be ecstatic. Not saying that just to be disagreeable. I agree with most of you concerns small receiver, durability concerns, one-trick pony, lots of the same views we shared when DJax started his career here in Philly... My DJax issues... difficulty getting off press coverage, bigger, longer, taller CB seemed to be more effective against him... DJax had some Diva in him. That not the same player that beat us every time, and played a key role every time we faced those Deadskins. Jackson has become a much improved tactician and currently the # 1 Deep threat in the game.

My attraction for Ross who to me watching his tape, Ross is more than a speed guy. He has great hands, concentration, instincts, tough player . The element that Ross brings to the field is a guy that can run past Any, All players in today's N.F.L. NO One can catch him and it ain't even close. Imagine that tool at Carsons disposal. With our WR Group. Ross won't be the primary weapon on this team early in his career. There may be ten other player in this draft that offers a Dynamic element ... Davis, Fournette, McCaffery, Williams, Howard, Foster or Riddick paired with Hicks. Barnett. Only Ross brings that sudden and immediate Dynamic element... every time Ross touches the ball he could take it all the way. No one can stay with him, there are going to be lots of pass interference calls as he runs by Everyone...Hahahaha. Well one can dream.

Ross sucks melons-I would be extremely upset withthat pick

great,so he had a great 40(straight line no interference) looks great on paper.Watch him play or just watch highlight vids? if you watched him play(remember in the NFL the 40 yard dash stops at 6 yards where the defender is) then I can't see why you are high on this fool.If he can't get past the defender,his speed is nullified and he is a terrible route runner besides lol

If the Eagles want another Fast WR other than Smith (on their roster) they can grab Shelton Gibson end of the 4th round. He is a speed demon with less injury history. Eagles like him too.....

I do not see the Eagles signing anyone else until after the draft now. They are already over the cap taking into account the draft and who they signed....

Anyway need to apolgize to Trini.I hate Ross,but failed to be civil about HIS opinion.Bad mood today,so I need to apologize.Sorry Trini.One of those days!!

So if we clear RMat then release him,you don't see us signing Charles or Blount? I do

We need around 8-10 mil for the draft. We have just under 2 as it stands, so we need to clear up at least 6 more just for that. Not sure where the money will come from....