Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] No 'Off' Season For Eagles Coaching Staff

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

What about Williams? Maybe they view him as a better fit?

I see Williams as a possible Larry Fitzgerald protégé.

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK you math genuises.if there are 32 picks per round that is 96 picks in 3 rounds,yet we pick at 99 in round 3????(I'm missing something in this formula)

Compensatory picks

17 hours ago, stine said:

We need around 8-10 mil for the draft. We have just under 2 as it stands, so we need to clear up at least 6 more just for that. Not sure where the money will come from....

Howie will have to take out a loan from Lincoln Financial,LOL.

10 hours ago, Matadorr said:

Imagine Fournette in midnight green, running over Cowboys trying to tackle him ?. Eagles please ? go get him!

Cboy roadkill! He's going to break some defenses mentally and physically. Defensive players aren't going to be sleeping that week. Waking up sweating ? 

Compensatory picks should start in round 5.Just because you can't retain or have overpaid a player,or you weren't diligent enough to find out he was a locker room cancer,WHY should you get a prize for stupidity? What date do they hand out the "participation" trophies? If your FO is that moronic you should LOSE picks,not gain them.Who's stupid idea was this to begin with anyway?/Lose the compemsatory(BS) picks and just have 8 rounds of draft

Let's go pay Peyton to come out of retirement,pay him 60 mil a year,then dump him and we should get 15 "compensatory" picks-SWEET(pffffft)

I could obviously turn out to be wrong here, but I have some nagging doubts about whether Leonard Fournette will turn out to be an elite RB in the NFL, or not. In his college reels, Fournette is seen, more often than not, running through sizable gaps produced by his O-L, virtually untouched (which isn't the norm in the NFL). His O-L at LSU must have been first class--it looks like it. So, sure, if an NFL team with a great O-L drafts him, Fournette may turn out to be very good in the NFL (as would a lot of backs). And admittedly, he does seem to have good instincts about where to make his cuts, and is often successful running to the outside--so he's not slow. But athletically, I can't help but think he's being a bit overrated--though I'm not sure to what degree. His 28 1/2 inch vertical leap at the Combine is pathetic. I mean, that's terrible. So, is he really a great athlete? I'm perplexed by him--yes, he was a great college running back, but his athleticism seems slightly one-dimensional to me.

DeMarco Murray, who's a similar type of back (in his running style) can literally hurdle over DBs in mid-air, when he's running at full speed. In contrast, Fournette will have to run through defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he has Murray's athleticism. Fournette also liked to use a stiff arm a lot in college, and yes, he's strong, and could impressively throw DBs to the ground with one arm. But is he really going to be able to do that successfully at the NFL level? I have my doubts. At least, I can't see him being able to throw Malcolm Jenkins to the ground like that, for instance.

I realize I'm going against the tide here, and may turn out to be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fournette turned out to be a partial bust in the NFL, or at least not quite fulfill the very high expectations that NFL teams presently hold for him as an elite 1st round pick.

He's also going to have a huge bullseye on his forehead when he reaches the NFL.  Everyone's going to be targeting him.  And I question whether he's is a good enough athlete to overcome & triumph over all that attention?

Looked at 8 different new mock drafts this morning and some of these names are showing up as being available for the Eagles on quite a few of them. Foster, Howard, Cook, McCaffery, Barnett, Davis, and Ross. CB's showing up are White, Conley and Wilson. Tough decision to make at 14 if a lot of these guys are on board when it is time to pick.

"Let's go pay Peyton to come out of retirement,pay him 60 mil a year,then dump him and we should get 15 "compensatory" picks-SWEET(pffffft)"

Ha!  Yeah, acquire a bunch of expensive vets, and then cut them all in one year.  That's one aspect that Joe Douglas appears to have brought to the Eagles--an understanding of how to use this questionable rule can work in a team's favor.   All of the one year contracts the Eagles have signed lately could work out in their favor, even if the acquisitions don't--especially Jeffrey.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Let's go pay Peyton to come out of retirement,pay him 60 mil a year,then dump him and we should get 15 "compensatory" picks-SWEET(pffffft)

Comp pick isn't the value you pay it is the value they receive on there next contract.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Comp pick isn't the value you pay it is the value they receiver on there next contract.

Well it's still stupid

I could obviously turn out to be wrong here, but I have some nagging doubts about whether Leonard Fournette will turn out to be an elite RB in the NFL, or not. In his college reels, Fournette is seen, more often than not, running through sizable gaps produced by his O-L, virtually untouched (which isn't the norm in the NFL). His O-L at LSU must have been first class--it looks like it. So, sure, if an NFL team with a great O-L drafts him, Fournette may turn out to be very good in the NFL (as would a lot of backs). And admittedly, he does seem to have good instincts about where to make his cuts, and is often successful running to the outside--so he's not slow. But athletically, I can't help but think he's being a bit overrated--though I'm not sure to what degree. His 28 1/2 inch vertical leap at the Combine is pathetic. I mean, that's terrible. So, is he really a great athlete? I'm perplexed by him--yes, he was a great college running back, but his athleticism seems slightly one-dimensional to me.

DeMarco Murray, who's a similar type of back (in his running style) can literally hurdle over DBs in mid-air, when he's running at full speed. In contrast, Fournette will have to run through defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he has Murray's athleticism. Fournette also liked to use a stiff arm a lot in college, and yes, he's strong, and could impressively throw DBs to the ground with one arm. But is he really going to be able to do that successfully at the NFL level? I have my doubts. At least, I can't see him being able to throw Malcolm Jenkins to the ground like that, for instance.

I realize I'm going against the tide here, and may turn out to be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fournette turned out to be a partial bust in the NFL, or at least not quite fulfill the very high expectations that NFL teams presently hold for him as an elite 1st round pick.

He's also going to have a huge bullseye on his forehead when he reaches the NFL.  Everyone's going to be targeting him.  And I question whether he's is a good enough athlete to overcome & triumph over all that attention?

Me? I'm taking a shot on Conner in round 5.Barring further "incident" he will be a fine addition and will get better as he learns the ropes.Was a lock 2/3 at least before the cancer thing-local guy too!!!!

Looked at 8 different new mock drafts this morning and some of these names are showing up as being available for the Eagles on quite a few of them. Foster, Howard, Cook, McCaffery, Barnett, Davis, and Ross. CB's showing up are White, Conley and Wilson. Tough decision to make at 14 if a lot of these guys are on board when it is time to pick.

Here;s my mock,Still stuck on Davis if he's there.Of course if he's not the I know we have the warm and fuzzies for Tredavious.If we DO get him(YAY) then grab your starting CB in 2.Nothing wrong with guys like Awuzie or Moreau.SOOOO here I am right now 1)Davis 2) Moreau/Awuzie 3)Walker-DE-FSU 4)Sutton-CB-Tenn 4)Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech 5)James Conner-RD-Pitt 6)Josh Carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7) Ashton Pampkin-CB-Okla. St UDFA-Tarik Cohen

42 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Here;s my mock,Still stuck on Davis if he's there.Of course if he's not the I know we have the warm and fuzzies for Tredavious.If we DO get him(YAY) then grab your starting CB in 2.Nothing wrong with guys like Awuzie or Moreau.SOOOO here I am right now 1)Davis 2) Moreau/Awuzie 3)Walker-DE-FSU 4)Sutton-CB-Tenn 4)Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech 5)James Conner-RD-Pitt 6)Josh Carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7) Ashton Pampkin-CB-Okla. St UDFA-Tarik Cohen

*Conner-RB

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:
  43 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

*Conner-RB

also *****Ashton LAMPKIN(sheesh)

59 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

LMAO GB, I am waiting for your mock 1 hour before the draft, then I am going to write the names down!

I am all in for Perine at RB man is a tank.....No DB is going to want to tackle this man in the open field hell LBs probably regret taking him head on.....He might not be a homerun threat but consistently turning out 5-6 yards a carry and finishing plays hard will get the job done and wear down Ds in the process 

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

LMAO GB, I am waiting for your mock 1 hour before the draft, then I am going to write the names down!

COOL!!!

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Whole mock hinges on if Davis is there lol

I am all in for Perine at RB man is a tank.....No DB is going to want to tackle this man in the open field hell LBs probably regret taking him head on.....He might not be a homerun threat but consistently turning out 5-6 yards a carry and finishing plays hard will get the job done and wear down Ds in the process 

what round?

CB Channing Stribling
School: Michigan

Position fit: Outside cornerback

Stats to know: QBs had a rating of 22.7 when throwing at him, the second-lowest mark in the country among CBs targeted at least 40 times. His rating-against over three years was 32.3.

What he does best:

Outstanding production in 2016; gave up completions on just 21 of 65 targets and gave up just one touchdown with 15 total passes defended.
Uses his length well to reach around receivers and break up passes.
When he’s physical at the line of scrimmage receivers struggle to separate from him in press coverage.
Locates the ball in the air extremely well; knows when to cut his man off to go for the pick, but can also play off his man’s eyes and hands to knock the ball out as it arrives.
While he lacks make-up speed, can use his height, length effectively from a trail position to shrink passing windows.

Weaknesses:
Appears high-cut (long-legged in proportion to his torso), which likely plays a part in his struggles to maintain when flipping his hips in transition.
Gets too aggressive in press coverage at times, will jump his man’s first move and leave himself vulnerable to doubles.
Weighed in at 188 at the combine; needs to add 5-10 lbs. to his wiry frame.
Player comparison: Brandon Browner

Browner at his peak was an effective cover-1 CB because of his physicality and size. Was susceptible to taking penalties because of his over-aggressiveness at times.

Bottom line: Stribling isn’t going to be drafted until Day 3 because of his athletic measurables. He needs to show the same level of physicality and awareness in the run game that he does in pass coverage. With these things being said, his height, competitiveness and ball skills at the catch point are outstanding, and extremely valuable in today’s NFL. If he adds bulk to his frame and becomes more disciplined in the run game, he can develop into a starter

I guy I like in the lower part of the draft. Say, the 4th or 5th round. Channing Stribling and Jourdan Lewis were the dynamic duo of the Michigan secondary this past year. Maybe the Eagles can pair them up again as teammates.