IceColdBrewski

LeSean McCoy Triggered by Kiko Alonso's Instagram

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

What white player were you referring to anyway?  

McCoy has a history of classless behavior.  Not just immature tweets.  He got high and trashed a hotel room, he didn't tip at a local Philly small business, he kicked women off a party bus and he famously trashed the mother of his child on twitter, asking other fans to go and verbally abuse her and used derogatory remarks.  

On the field, loved him.  Great player and I wish they would have kept him for his talent.  Off the field, a classless piece of trash and yeah like many social media users (regardless of race) his spelling and grammar makes his posts unreadable.

I was mainly referring to other threads about Kiko, and Alonso himself is no saint.  I think it makes sense why Shady was salty, but I agree that he's too old to be acting so immaturely.  

I think he was right on the tipping issue, because poor service deserves a poor tip.  People badmouth their ex's everyday, and many baby mama/daddy relationships usually aren't on good terms.  Trashing a hotel room is awful, but many of my favorite musicians have done it. I still like to think most of them are good people. I don't know much about the party bus incident, so I concede on that.

His grammar sucks, but I guess I can understand his posts because of my ethnicity, so I'm used to encountering folks that speak that way. I think your criticism is fair though.

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Yawn.  This is really taking up way too much of your attention and interest.  Your choice.

lol, just sayin.  You're defending LeSean's stupid overreaction to what someone posted on social media by telling us that people shouldn't care what someone posts on social media. Sounds like we're on the same side here.  Now go tell LeSean that he needs to get a life and stop caring what someone else posts on social media.  :lol:

20 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

it's not a tweet, it's Instagram, and as far as how he speaks, *shrugs* 

It's funny that we have fans here who have nothing but nice things to say about a very underwhelming White player we had, yet they can't stop criticizing the Black player that was the best RB we've ever had. 

59 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

I was mainly referring to other threads about Kiko, and Alonso himself is no saint.  I think it makes sense why Shady was salty, but I agree that he's too old to be acting so immaturely.  

I think he was right on the tipping issue, because poor service deserves a poor tip.  People badmouth their ex's everyday, and many baby mama/daddy relationships usually aren't on good terms.  Trashing a hotel room is awful, but many of my favorite musicians have done it. I still like to think most of them are good people. I don't know much about the party bus incident, so I concede on that.

His grammar sucks, but I guess I can understand his posts because of my ethnicity, so I'm used to encountering folks that speak that way. I think your criticism is fair though.

I quoted your original post.  This thread was started as a joke laughing at McCoy for being immature, that's it.  You made it a race issue because of a comment about his poor grammar, and then said fans have  "nothing but nice things to say about a...white player..."  and then made up this extreme scenario that fans "can't stop criticizing the black player."  People still talk about hating that Chip traded McCoy.   Alonso was criticized like any Eagles player is criticized.  You made up this straw man argument and inflated the situation into something it's not.  McCoy has made controversial and immature statements.  He was also cheered when he'd take jabs at Giants players.  And he was loved on the field as a player, and still is.  Alonso was insignificant and when he was traded majority of fans felt good riddance, glad he's gone.

4 minutes ago, IceColdBrewski said:

Now go tell LeSean that he needs to get a life and stop caring what someone else posts on social media.

Wouldn't it be more fun to try to goad him into a social media war where he'd say "I'm better than you and I make more money than you and you wish you were me but you suck at life! Na na na na boo boo!"

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I quoted your original post.  This thread was started as a joke laughing at McCoy for being immature, that's it.  You made it a race issue because of a comment about his poor grammar, and then said fans have  "nothing but nice things to say about a...white player..."  and then made up this extreme scenario that fans "can't stop criticizing the black player."  People still talk about hating that Chip traded McCoy.   Alonso was criticized like any Eagles player is criticized.  You made up this straw man argument and inflated the situation into something it's not.  McCoy has made controversial and immature statements.  He was also cheered when he'd take jabs at Giants players.  And he was loved on the field as a player, and still is.  Alonso was insignificant and when he was traded majority of fans felt good riddance, glad he's gone.

You did, and I addressed that. I already stated I may have overanalyzed things regarding this particular thread, as I was including old threads regarding Shady, and other White players.  I do happen to think some of the criticisms for McCoy are harsh, and I do question whether race is involved with that. Alonso was purely criticized for his play, I don't recall people constantly referring to him as dumb, or a classless piece of trash based on things he did in his past (and there's things you certainly could bring up). Anyway, I already apologized for pulling the race card, but if you wish to continue debating about it that's fine, it's a slow day.

25 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wouldn't it be more fun to try to goad him into a social media war where he'd say "I'm better than you and I make more money than you and you wish you were me but you suck at life! Na na na na boo boo!"

I agree, it's immature AF, but it speaks to how the Y generation is regarding social media. Starting drama on social media isn't something relative to just Shady, this level of immaturity happens on a daily basis.

I think you're also ignoring the fact that Alonso probably knew he'd get a reaction by posting that specific picture.  So while I fault McCoy for falling for the bait, there was still someone putting it on the hook.

8 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

I agree, it's immature AF, but it speaks to how the Y generation is regarding social media. Starting drama on social media isn't something relative to just Shady, this level of immaturity happens on a daily basis.

I think you're also ignoring the fact that Alonso probably knew he'd get a reaction by posting that specific picture.  So while I fault McCoy for falling for the bait, there was still someone putting it on the hook.

I don't do 'social media', so I'm ignoring all of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and any other silly little website out there that does that sort of thing.

Did Alonso expect a reaction? Did he do it to get one? Meh... he's a Dolphin and McCoy is a Bill. They're divisional rivals. That'd be like an Eagles player poking fun of a Cowboy or Giant. For McCoy, he has a definite history of 'social media childishness' though. Even when he was with the Eagles and would 'get into it' with Giants players.

He definitely needs to grow up. I really can't imagine Brian Westbrook ever acting like McCoy has. Or Duce, for that matter. They're from a bit of a different 'era' though. One without as much of an 'entitlement complex', maybe? Of course, I don't know Westy or Duce, so maybe they are worse than McCoy but we (I) just never saw it from them.

For me, I really don't care all that much about what McCoy does, says or types. It's all just entertainment for me, and an opportunity to pad my post count. Because after all, post count is life!

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

cism-he-cried-racism-see-nobody-cares-the-race-card-1382553.png

It wouldn't be overused if prejudice and racism wasn't ignored so damn much. But I imagine this thread has been derailed enough. I won't comment on this nonsense again. 

24 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

It wouldn't be overused if prejudice and racism wasn't ignored so damn much. But I imagine this thread has been derailed enough. I won't comment on this nonsense again. 

It wouldn't be 'ignored so damn much' if it wasn't claimed when there is none present. Cry wolf too often and eventually a real wolf will devour you.

2 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

You did, and I addressed that. I already stated I may have overanalyzed things regarding this particular thread, as I was including old threads regarding Shady, and other White players.  I do happen to think some of the criticisms for McCoy are harsh, and I do question whether race is involved with that. Alonso was purely criticized for his play, I don't recall people constantly referring to him as dumb, or a classless piece of trash based on things he did in his past (and there's things you certainly could bring up). Anyway, I already apologized for pulling the race card, but if you wish to continue debating about it that's fine, it's a slow day.

Understood, thanks for the clarification.  I never knew anything about Alonso other than he was DROY in Buffalo, was injured and Chip acquired him in the McCoy trade and he barely played as an Eagle.  He had that one INT but I can't remember him doing anything else.  If there were bad behavior off the field, I'd not condone that either.

43 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Well there are real, actual incidents of racism and prejudice to deal with.  But some people want to find it in everything, like criticizing poor grammar.

So McCoy threw some shade? Okay. I'd care if he was still an Eagle, yet as long as our players stay off the damned social media, I'm cool.

6 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

Almost everyone was calling Alonso dumb as rocks.

Generally, speaking (on camera, quoted, or through social media) like an ignorant inbred will generally lead to people calling another "dumb", regardless of their race. Often times, a lack of self-awareness and inability to demonstrate understanding of grammar or even just the general construction of an English sentence also leads to being called "dumb".  I would suspect that a singular if-then statement would suffice:

If you speak like a dummy, then you will be called a dummy.

Not really sure why race has to become a variable when it truly is that simple.  

Take Nnamdi Asomugha. Here is a player that people have extremely hard feelings due to his play for the Eagles, but he'll never be called dumb.  Why? Because he's extremely intelligent, speaks and writes like a scholar, and avoids doing dumb things away from the football field.  But he's black, right?  Oh, and a Muslim? Gosh willikers, them racist white peoples probably call him all sorts of names I bet!!  Or... maybe the insults stick to his play, much like Kiko, because he avoids doing dumb things off the field.

See a pattern here, yet?  Do dumb things unrelated to football, earn insults unrelated to football. Do dumb things related to football, earn insults related to football.  It's really not that complicated, and I'm seeing a handful of people that want to feel like victims or are projecting victimization onto others for no other reason than to discredit the importance of intelligence.

Just because you fail to value the English language doesn't mean the rest of us who do are racist for pointing out Shady's general lack of knowledge regarding anything unrelated to bank account numbers and football.

9 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

Generally, speaking (on camera, quoted, or through social media) like an ignorant inbred will generally lead to people calling another "dumb", regardless of their race. Often times, a lack of self-awareness and inability to demonstrate understanding of grammar or even just the general construction of an English sentence also leads to being called "dumb".  I would suspect that a singular if-then statement would suffice:

If you speak like a dummy, then you will be called a dummy.

Not really sure why race has to become a variable when it truly is that simple.  

Take Nnamdi Asomugha. Here is a player that people have extremely hard feelings due to his play for the Eagles, but he'll never be called dumb.  Why? Because he's extremely intelligent, speaks and writes like a scholar, and avoids doing dumb things away from the football field.  But he's black, right?  Oh, and a Muslim? Gosh willikers, them racist white peoples probably call him all sorts of names I bet!!  Or... maybe the insults stick to his play, much like Kiko, because he avoids doing dumb things off the field.

See a pattern here, yet?  Do dumb things unrelated to football, earn insults unrelated to football. Do dumb things related to football, earn insults related to football.  It's really not that complicated, and I'm seeing a handful of people that want to feel like victims or are projecting victimization onto others for no other reason than to discredit the importance of intelligence.

Just because you fail to value the English language doesn't mean the rest of us who do are racist for pointing out Shady's general lack of knowledge regarding anything unrelated to bank account numbers and football.

Well, poor grammar on social media isn't a good way of assessing one's intelligence.  I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of southerners, or rednecks I'd have difficulty holding a convo with, and I wouldn't insult their intelligence based on poor grammar skills on twitter/instagram. Also, I've seen a number of McCoy interviews, and he doesn't sound, or speak like he's dumb.  He pretty much speaks in a way that many Black folks do (including myself), so it just rubs me the wrong way when he's labelled as dumb because of it. Also, with this nation's history of labelling Blacks as an inferior race, it's just something that I sometimes get sensitive about.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, Jupiter520 said:

It's funny that we have fans here who have nothing but nice things to say about a very underwhelming White player we had, yet they can't stop criticizing the Black player that was the best RB we've ever had. 

SOOOO much of this dude. but you dont mean Alonso as the white dude right? That being said just like Djax some people grow up with certain vocab. I grew up in southern California so he made perfect sense to me while a bunch of people on here hated him for that simple fact. Same thing here but I did laugh at how shady got punked by his own words... 

You do know Kiko isnt white right? 

2 hours ago, Phillyfito68 said:

SOOOO much of this dude. but you dont mean Alonso as the white dude right? That being said just like Djax some people grow up with certain vocab. I grew up in southern California so he made perfect sense to me while a bunch of people on here hated him for that simple fact. Same thing here but I did laugh at how shady got punked by his own words... 

You do know Kiko isnt white right? 

Some people are blind and only see people as black and white ..... When in fact, we are all people, just different shades. Some lighter , some darker ... but we are all people 

I hate texting or writing on this damn board in exact Grammer . I'm a middle class white male by the way. I am not dumb by in any way, I just hate using correct Grammer all the damn time . I don't want to and I don't have too. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I hate texting or writing on this damn board in exact Grammer . I'm a middle class white male by the way. I am not dumb by in any way, I just hate using correct Grammer all the damn time . I don't want to and I don't have too. 

Grammar*

On 4/10/2017 at 4:06 PM, Jupiter520 said:

I'm curious to why you even went this direction with it. 

1. I've never seen Kiko praised post-trade to MIA. 

2. Practically every insult thrown Shady's way was a reaction to something stupid he did or said. 

12 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

Well, poor grammar on social media isn't a good way of assessing one's intelligence.  I mean, I'm sure there's a lot of southerners, or rednecks I'd have difficulty holding a convo with, and I wouldn't insult their intelligence based on poor grammar skills on twitter/instagram. Also, I've seen a number of McCoy interviews, and he doesn't sound, or speak like he's dumb.  He pretty much speaks in a way that many Black folks do (including myself), so it just rubs me the wrong way when he's labelled as dumb because of it. Also, with this nation's history of labelling Blacks as an inferior race, it's just something that I sometimes get sensitive about.

I don't think you speak or type like him at all. If you want to associate with him because you share a skin color, then say that.  But to suggest that you don't choose to write a specific way in order for it to be legible, for you to feel like others understand what you're saying, and to be taken seriously, wouldn't probably be factually incorrect. Emotions aside, we are all judged by how we write, speak, and type.  It's part of basic communication.

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Some people are blind and only see people as black and white ..... When in fact, we are all people, just different shades. Some lighter , some darker ... but we are all people 

Except gingers, everyone knows they're soulless monsters.