Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Are Deep, Talented In QB Room

If you like what a player brings to the table, add him to the mix and see what develops. That’s basically the thinking with the Eagles’ move to add quarterback Matt McGloin to a quarterback room with starter Carson Wentz and backup Nick Foles already in place ...

View the full article

51 minutes ago, rlubrich87 said:

Well then doesnt look like we will add a QB in the draft.

Still can't rule anything out highly unlikely we draft a QB but UDFA guy could be an option.....Never know what might happen in the NFL one of our backups could end up being traded to a team in need of a QB  

Wonder what the Raiders saw a few years ago to prompt them to draft Carr? Maybe there wasn't too compelling a reason, in which case the Eagles have made seemingly another shrewd move. We'll see........

Wonder what the Raiders saw a few years ago to prompt them to draft Carr? Maybe there wasn't too compelling a reason, in which case the Eagles have made seemingly another shrewd move. We'll see........

Well he didn't have much of an offense for some time.Look for them to improve.Taking longer than I figured,but we know how that goes lol

2 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

Still can't rule anything out highly unlikely we draft a QB but UDFA guy could be an option.....Never know what might happen in the NFL one of our backups could end up being traded to a team in need of a QB  

Yeah MJK said that in the last thread

2 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

Still would UDFA Liufau from Colorado.I would not draft him even 7th,but if he goes unsigned,why not

If Foles didnt have that fake breakout season i hope Eagles would have drafted Carr.

This is really starting to feel like an earnest run at a Championship.. deep line, deep QB options, deep TEs, solid WR corps with every style covered, Smallwood and Sproles at RB who provide depth at RB for the OBVIOUS RB we will be drafting to be the primary ball carrier... THEN Defense has replenished and arguably upgraded the D-line, and we have two out of three LBs in solid shape... if we can get 2 CBs, 1 RB, 1 LB, and 1 WR in the first 4 rounds, we will be looking pretty nice

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

This is really starting to feel like an earnest run at a Championship.. deep line, deep QB options, deep TEs, solid WR corps with every style covered, Smallwood and Sproles at RB who provide depth at RB for the OBVIOUS RB we will be drafting to be the primary ball carrier... THEN Defense has replenished and arguably upgraded the D-line, and we have two out of three LBs in solid shape... if we can get 2 CBs, 1 RB, 1 LB, and 1 WR in the first 4 rounds, we will be looking pretty nice

I think DE is more important then RB, LB, and definitely WR at this point

I agree with DWD on the DE position. It is looking like Barnett may be available in the draft. That would be so nice if we got him.

Who knows? I am at the point where I have no clue what they want to do and who is on their draft board. I imagine they removed all QB's. After that I have no idea of whom they like better. Obviously they feel different than other rankings we have seen, but what they are I have no clue. So, just draft a stud. Please no reaches..........

Who knows? I am at the point where I have no clue what they want to do and who is on their draft board. I imagine they removed all QB's. After that I have no idea of whom they like better. Obviously they feel different than other rankings we have seen, but what they are I have no clue. So, just draft a stud. Please no reaches..........

EVERYONE is a "reach"! That;s what makes the Draft so intriguing. When all is said and done, it's always going to be "best player available", whether or not it's CB, DE, RB, or any other position.

There are quite a few positions that need improvement. WR was helped in FA but I wouldn't be against a top 2 WR. I'm thinking more likely they go D in the 1st. But I agree, no reaches.

Even MSII might have been a stud with another coach, system, or team? We all know the failure rates for first round picks in the NFL.

Even MSII might have been a stud with another coach, system, or team? We all know the failure rates for first round picks in the NFL.

I think you're being charitable.

16 hours ago, Eaglesoldtimer said:

If Foles didnt have that fake breakout season i hope Eagles would have drafted Carr.

HAHAHA trying to figure out how you fake a break-out,This will keep my 1 brain cell busy

OK, I did a mock draft with my limited capacity as a scout and came up with the following players available for pick 14:
Marlon Humphrey, Christian McCaffery, Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Gareon Conley and Jabrill Peppers. All are good options for the Eagles. If I am right and all of these players are available, I could easily see them trading back5 or 6 spots to grab another pick in round 2 plus get BPA of these players left.... Of Course, my knowledge of what will happen before pick 14 is real limited, but I did use the team needs as a guide. So it is not too far fetched.... Anyway, assuming these players are all available, what would you do? Take one of them (list who) or trade back ( how far would you go)?

Nope. This was a flat out bad ranking. Smith was a 3rd rounder at best. Just look at the players taken after him..... it is sick.....

Tampa Bay might be a trade partner. We would move back to 19 plus get their 84th pick in the 3rd and a 4th rounder in 2018. Would that be OK with you guys?

Tampa Bay might be a trade partner. We would move back to 19 plus get their 84th pick in the 3rd and a 4th rounder in 2018. Would that be OK with you guys?

depends who is there at 14 lol

22 minutes ago, stine said:

depends who is there at 14 lol

Sorry did not read previous post.IMO I take Davis or Peppers at 14 if there,if not I would move down to 19 and hope one of the remaining guys are still on the board