Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Are Deep, Talented In QB Room

@ 1wrang... Fournette is my #1 guy there has been lots of hype on why McCaffery... Swiss Army knife, abilities  as the better choice... however, I remember watching Aaron Rodgers sit in the Draft room until he was finally selected , the rest is history...Cook is a highly skilled player, I still rate him over McCaffery.

Then there is The Joe Mixon story... interesting the stories about Miss Molitor the woman that was involved in the charges against Mixon. Those touting Political Correctness, espically older people of my generation, I am approaching 60. Women of my generation are NOT like the New Generation of women. The newspapers Failed to report ANYWHERE that this woman was a Criminal, multiple arrests for drug dealing , public intoxication with multiple altercation prior to Mixon being charged with assault.  Miss  Molitor comes from a wealthy family,  somehow the Video against Mixon took two years to be made public. Aside from Miss Monitor using the N...word, she Spit on him, initiated the contact. Was attempting to further strike Joe Mixon.  Before his response, Miss Molitor was high and drunk. Last time I checked, you spit on a fellow human, and Strike someone is considered assault...Interesting No Charges were filed against the aggressor with a history of this type of behavior, Funny how the newspapers and reporters exclude this information to the public. The hypocrisy with these feminist groups demanding equality...yet any man involved in an altercation with any woman,  typically gets locked up,  Men are always at fault, and Mixon could have handled this differently.

I say all this because the Old Schoolers vehemently protest that the Eagles would consider Joe Mixon. Interesting that the ONLY story that was nationally publicized was A black man visciously hitting a white woman... funny, I listened to Herm Edwards and his Old School Views say Mixon would never fit on his team, wouldn't even be on his Draft Board... Always 2 sides to a story, I still find that punch deplorable.

Mixon is a player second only to Fournette in my view, If I were going to take him in the 2nd round, leaves DL, LB, CB, in the first.

11 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:
  18 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  21 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

For draft prospects I like 1: Marlon Humphrey 2: Quincy Wilson 3: Alex Anzelone 4: Marlon Mack / James Connor 4: Derrick Rivers 5: Nazier Jones 6: Jon Heck 7:Xavier Jones. Some honorable mention in my eyes would be Christian McCaffery, Alvin Kamara, Juju Smith Schuster, Corey Davis, K.D. Cannon, Dion Dawkins, Roderick Johnson, Chris Wormley, Storm Norton, Ryan Glasgow, Jalon Tabor, Fabian Moreau, Tre Davious White, Tre Hendrickson, Tarrell Basham, and Soloman Thomas just to name a few. Those two corners at the top would bring some physical play with them I would love in the secondary.

Corey Davis-honorable mention? OMG he;s gonna be star lol.I believe you need to re-think your honorable mention list-JMO tredavoius=starter Moreau-starter,Basham also.Caff is better than "honorable" Anz should be on your honorable list.like him alot but rating him above those others is NUTZ

Cant get em all in one draft fella, I was more or less posting how I thought the draft may shape out along with other player I would be excited for the eagles to take. I really don't even think we have a shot at Solomon Thomas. Besides BGFL I know yhat you know your stuff. I read the bored from time to time and used to post ocassionally as Tcolekillinem.

Article out to day in BR saying davis is not a round 1 prospect(personally I think they are way wrong) but just so you know others share your view

I like Davis. Actually I would say if eagles were picking BPA he would be the way to go, especially among wideouts. I don't like to put too much stock into mock drafts. Hell, ive seen about 6 that put Fabian Moreau in the 6th RD. Anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. I just think Eagles need to be physical at CB. I feel like that's what made Cortland Finnigans game.If his little a** can frustrate Andre Johnson, then Humphrey can frustrate Dez.

@ 1wrang... Fournette is my #1 guy there has been lots of hype on why McCaffery... Swiss Army knife, abilities  as the better choice... however, I remember watching Aaron Rodgers sit in the Draft room until he was finally selected , the rest is history...Cook is a highly skilled player, I still rate him over McCaffery.

Then there is The Joe Mixon story... interesting the stories about Miss Molitor the woman that was involved in the charges against Mixon. Those touting Political Correctness, espically older people of my generation, I am approaching 60. Women of my generation are NOT like the New Generation of women. The newspapers Failed to report ANYWHERE that this woman was a Criminal, multiple arrests for drug dealing , public intoxication with multiple altercation prior to Mixon being charged with assault.  Miss  Molitor comes from a wealthy family,  somehow the Video against Mixon took two years to be made public. Aside from Miss Monitor using the N...word, she Spit on him, initiated the contact. Was attempting to further strike Joe Mixon.  Before his response, Miss Molitor was high and drunk. Last time I checked, you spit on a fellow human, and Strike someone is considered assault...Interesting No Charges were filed against the aggressor with a history of this type of behavior, Funny how the newspapers and reporters exclude this information to the public. The hypocrisy with these feminist groups demanding equality...yet any man involved in an altercation with any woman,  typically gets locked up,  Men are always at fault, and Mixon could have handled this differently.

I say all this because the Old Schoolers vehemently protest that the Eagles would consider Joe Mixon. Interesting that the ONLY story that was nationally publicized was A black man visciously hitting a white woman... funny, I listened to Herm Edwards and his Old School Views say Mixon would never fit on his team, wouldn't even be on his Draft Board... Always 2 sides to a story, I still find that punch deplorable.

Mixon is a player second only to Fournette in my view, If I were going to take him in the 2nd round, leaves DL, LB, CB, in the first.

I believe I read the Eagles cancelled his private workout.

6 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Well, I am not trying to be smart about this GB but I can definitely imagine Humphrey getting beat deep by a number of wide receivers in our division. Unfortunately that is the weakest link to his game. Not saying that he couldn't improve in that area later on but he is not the best at deep coverage at the present time. I do love his tackling skills though.

WRs averaged 16.1 yards a reception on him not the guy I want unless we have a relentless pass rush that makes them through early.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

have no clue what we do,just mocking all scenarios,so take white-whatever.If we did that a mock could look like this 1)CB of your choice 2) Moreau-CB 3)Walker-DE 4)Ryan Glasgow-DT-Michigan(we have said we like him) 4)Xavier Woods-SS-Louisianan tech 5)Conner-RB-Pitt 6) Carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7)KD Cannon -WR-Baylor udfa-Tarik Cohen-RB 

Looks like you copied my mock from yesterday lol I had Lattimore CB 1st Jones/White CB 2nd Walker DE 3rd Brian Hill RB 4th Nazair Jones DE 4th KD Cannon WR 5th Carraway DE 6th Tarik Cohen RB 7th lol lets play paper rock scissors on RB and find a way to put both our guys on there 

Just dont see Latt going less than the top 5-7,so I cant put him at 14 lol

@1wrangler... I read that also, about cancelling Mixons workout,  Non invite at the combine, punished for his actions. Even a drug dealing criminal like Miss Molitor, whom had previous arrests related to similar aggressive behavior. Has never had any serious consequences, for her actions. It has already cost Mixon dearly... and this only the beginning.  A lifetime of training and dedication, seeminglydestroyed by his actions.  My only gripe, the press feeds the public what sells. Social conflicts rich vs poor, the haves  vs the have nots, the press spins the story or angles that keep people reading and buying their crap. Many have shared strong opinions about Mixon...so many have drawn the line in the sand. I get it. Life mistakes by a then 19 yrs old kid . Should not be unforgivable or not redeemable. I hope someone gives him a chance.

20 hours ago, ASG15 said:

Well they ARE the Browns.

LOL,they call it the 'Factory of Sadness' for a reason!

19 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Harris is a reach at 14 and really we dont need to reach again,but if we DID go DE at 14 and CB,CB,then we will wait on getting a WR which brings into view DWD's darkhorse KD Cannon pick(BTW like the kid and a good project WR)

Yes,PLEASE NO REACHING (you'll get bitten,lol) or trading back like another Jerome McDougle move!

Here's a nice piece I found while surfing about Eagles past Draft History and Coulda,Woulda,Shoulda.

http://eaglesaddict.com/2011/04/eagles-draft-history-who-could-have-been-a-philadelphia-eagle/#.WO9NF4WVJ1M

17 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Would not rule out a trade though team in need of a QB because of injury or possibly one of those PS roster bubble trades with a team weak at QB but strong in another area 

You're exactly right BG. If there's room on the Roster I highly believe that McGloin sticks and he's part of the weekly '7' Inactives which would be an advantage for QB depth if it works out that way. I think that Howie & the Eagles are doing just what they said in regards to looking at every option and going in the direction that presents the best outcome. He could just be a camp arm,2nd or 3rd QB,trade pawn,or all of the above.

18 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

18 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Lets pretend that Ozzie Newsome is the general manager of the Eagles and he gets the 14th pick of the draft. Which player that we have been talking about drafting is an Ozzie Newsome kind of player? Answering this question could give you some insight on who Joe Douglas is interested in.

Still thinking D will end up being the best value at 14 either DL or LB......Foster/Reddick or could have guys like Allen/Thomas/Barnett on the DL 

Exactly 'Dead On Balls' what I've been thinking! It just depends on who's there at 14.

Edited by EaglesTD123
add forgotten input

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

or first round I should say

Fournette will be gone,you can bank that.Bucs really want Cook which leaves???? But some say he is not a 3 down back

IDC what they say about Caff. He may not be a '3 D' RB as far as carries but i believe he is as far as touches. I'm thinking he could be a 25-30 touch/game player. These #'s are all give or take depending on the game plan/flow-15+ carries,5-10 rec./routes,3-5 returns. If he doesn't make it as a RB that they're looking for he could be moved to WR and replace J.Matt in the slot. Again,not lobbying,but just offering up alternatives from what I've read and viewed. I would not take him at 14 though if (Fournette will be long gone) Reddick,Foster,Thomas,Barnett,or Howard are still there.

On 4/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

And miss a Stud? Nah after about 23-24 or so,you are in round 2 territory.Would not mind moving back to there but any further you risk losing an immediate impact player

GBFL, I do not disagree with you, but what if, with all the depth in the draft at RB, WR, CB, we were able to swing a trade to find a trading partner like Minnesota and get picks 48, 79, 86, and 128 in trade for 14... that would give us 2-2nd, 3-3rd, 3-4th... or... 43, 48, 79, 86, 99, 118, 128, 139... with that we could get 2-WR, 2-CB, 1-RB all in the top 100 players of the draft.. that would move us forward in a big way

With those picks I would take... Adore Jackson, CB... Sidney Jones CB... Cooper Kupp WR... Zay Jones WR... Joe Mixon RB...Will Holden OT...Daeshon Hall DE...James Connor RB

The crazy thing which noone is talking about, is the obvious... Wentz is the future and O line is EVERYTHING for him... this will be the last year we see Peters... so why would Ramczyk NOT be our choice at 14?... we then can get an extra 3 or 4 from a team like Denver who wants to win now

4 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

GBFL, I do not disagree with you, but what if, with all the depth in the draft at RB, WR, CB, we were able to swing a trade to find a trading partner like Minnesota and get picks 48, 79, 86, and 128 in trade for 14... that would give us 2-2nd, 3-3rd, 3-4th... or... 43, 48, 79, 86, 99, 118, 128, 139... with that we could get 2-WR, 2-CB, 1-RB all in the top 100 players of the draft.. that would move us forward in a big way

You can dream,but what team would give all that up? Essentially they have no draft-really get serious lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You can dream,but what team would give all that up? Essentially they have no draft-really get serious lol

Isn't dreaming what this time of year is all about?... that is what makes it so fun... you play the stuff out and it makes mathematical sense based upon value, so that means it is always possible

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

Isn't dreaming what this time of year is all about?... that is what makes it so fun... you play the stuff out and it makes mathematical sense based upon value, so that means it is always possible

Yeah if the Vikes want to stay home on draft day lol