DaveSpadaro

[News] Who Makes Jump From 2016 Draft Class?

That's the thing, we have to get at least one of those top 5-6 CB's that fits our system, which narrows it down a bit. Mayock had a good article on the different CB's and how they fit into different systems.

The draft days after should be fun though we could see more guys on the move....Would not be shocked to see couple of our players dealt in the draft...Then after the draft teams that maybe didn't address a hole could come calling looking for upgrades 

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

From previous,just dont see Latt falling to 14,so I cant put him in.I am still stuck on Woods as our 2nd 4 pick

I don't think he falls either but I will take White or Conley if we trade back with Tampa.

4 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Conley/ Ahkello Witherspoon could be a very good duo for the Eagles.....

I will take Conley/Jones 

Don't know how they're leaning, just we'll take a CB in the 1st 2 rds, one later and a few udfa's. Just wish it was draft night already!

6 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I will take Conley/Jones 

DWD here is a WR less mock i tried.Should be close to yours Based on CBS rankings .1)Conley-CB-OSU 2)quincy Wilson-CB-Florida 3) DeMarcus Walker-DE-FSU 4)Ryan Glasgow-DT-Michigan 4) Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech( I know you want Jones here lol) 5) James Conner-RB-Pitt 6)Josh carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7)Tarik Cohen-RB NC AT&T(ok I'll move him up lol) UDFA-Jehu Chesson-WR-Michigan,Travin Dural-WR-LSU(these guys ride the pine and get experienced)

5 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:
  10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I will take Conley/Jones 

DWD here is a WR less mock i tried.Should be close to yours Based on CBS rankings .1)Conley-CB-OSU 2)quincy Wilson-CB-Florida 3) DeMarcus Walker-DE-FSU 4)Ryan Glasgow-DT-Michigan 4) Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech( I know you want Jones here lol) 5) James Conner-RB-Pitt 6)Josh carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7)Tarik Cohen-RB NC AT&T(ok I'll move him up lol) UDFA-Jehu Chesson-WR-Michigan,Travin Dural-WR-LSU(these guys ride the pine and get experienced)

Lots of new toys for Schwartz to play with HAHA

Don't know how they're leaning, just we'll take a CB in the 1st 2 rds, one later and a few udfa's. Just wish it was draft night already!

Ugh well less than 15 days now and we will know who our #1 is

That's a question more easily answered after the draft. Since it depends entirely on how well the Eagles pick this year--apart from the obvious answer, which is that Wentz must show significant improvement or at least greater consistency in 2017, in order for the season to be a huge success.

But I'd like to see WR Paul Turner come into his own as one of our best & most dependable wide receivers (maybe in the slot)--as he certainly showed signs that he could do so last year (with 6 receptions in a single half in one game), and RB Terrell Watson prove a dependable short yardage guy (& more)--though neither player was an actual draft pick. I'd also like to see a surprise or two at cornerback--since virtually everyone thinks it's the Eagles' biggest weakness heading into the 2017 draft & season (& everyone can't be wrong, can they?). It would be great to see C.J. Smith, and/or Aaron Grymes prove that the glimpses we saw of their athleticism last year were indicative of future pro bowl potential. But again, neither player was in the 'official' draft class. I'd also like to see LB Joe Walker & CB Jalen Mills prove the same. Finally, it would be terrific to see Taylor Hart show that he can be a capable starter at OT--especially with Peters in the twilight of his career.

Yes, I know, only two of those players mentioned were in the 2016 draft class. I suppose the truth is, excluding Wentz & possibly Seumalo & Big V--if they work out, I don't think the Eagles drafted especially well last year (though I don't go by Ray Rhodes definition of finding 3 starters in a draft--for me a great draft would be to find 4 or 5 capable starters, including 1 or 2 star players). Which is why its so important that the Eagles get it right this year, especially at CB. But I'd love to see several players from the 2016 draft class prove me wrong.

BPA in the 1st, won't know until it happens. We've all gotten a good education on players, had our annual debate on BPA vs weighted board and such. It's too long to wait for the draft and too short practice. Do wish we played GB in the 3rd pre-season game.

Was on the news, Florida has a lot of fires right now

Yeah kinda close to me maybe 15 mins away.Bad kids in that area.We need rain badly!!! yard is drier than a popcorn fa*t.walking across it,it feels llike straw(hay)

BPA in the 1st, won't know until it happens. We've all gotten a good education on players, had our annual debate on BPA vs weighted board and such. It's too long to wait for the draft and too short practice. Do wish we played GB in the 3rd pre-season game.

yeah to me it would keep fans more interested(something Goddell said he wants) if round ONE was at the end of march,rounds 2,3 2 weeks later and 4,5,6,7 a week after that,it would keep fans more content and focused on football.Gives fans time to "get to know your #1 pick) get them here and acclimated.Would be alot more exciting to me anyway

I LOVE NFL football. But I will be glad when the draft is ..... OVER ..... It is nauseating. Predicting who will go where and why and none of the experts EVER get it even remotely close. All teams are bluffing big time right now with their intentions. Sorry, I may be the only one here, but I am beyond sick of the "mocks". Pick the best guy available when the Eagles pick and then put them to work and see what talent they actually have. I love football, not mock drafts. I'm fine with the draft and will pay attention to who the Eagles draft, but none of us will know truly if the draft were successful or not on day 1. I can't wait for opening day in terms of football. No offense meant to all of you who like the mocks. Enjoy them if that is your thing.

I LOVE NFL football. But I will be glad when the draft is ..... OVER ..... It is nauseating. Predicting who will go where and why and none of the experts EVER get it even remotely close. All teams are bluffing big time right now with their intentions. Sorry, I may be the only one here, but I am beyond sick of the "mocks". Pick the best guy available when the Eagles pick and then put them to work and see what talent they actually have. I love football, not mock drafts. I'm fine with the draft and will pay attention to who the Eagles draft, but none of us will know truly if the draft were successful or not on day 1. I can't wait for opening day in terms of football. No offense meant to all of you who like the mocks. Enjoy them if that is your thing.

We just guess,and hone and overthink every possible option as there is NOTHING to do right now.So we play around(and we really DO research guys) then aruge about who goes where(like we are all pros/???) But in the end,it's fun to see who got one or 2 correct.I allows you "braggin rights" for a year,so it's just fun to see if you are more accurate than the next guy.Amounts to nothing,we all know they take who they want.We're pretending we are in teh war room and WE have control of our picks.A little Fantasy Football before Fantsy football starts.You are welcome to join in the fray or just make onr of your own to see how close you get t the real draft.It's something to DO in this ungodly LULL period

7 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

These Kelce haters. Seu hasn't played a snap at C in the NFL and Kelce is a huge help for Wentz in reading D's and resetting. I don't see anybody on this team who's better at C right now than Kelce. Not saying he couldn't be traded, but think Doug wants to build continuity while training in the new C and supporting Wentz as best we can. Kelce is a very smart player. Must have been tough taking care of a rookie QB with the carousel that was out OL last yr. That said think it will be the last yr for both Kelce and JP.

Again how can you know what a player can do until given the chance to see them????? Seumalo hasn't taken a snap at C in the NFL you are correct but he played C in college not really unthinkable he can play the spot....Could we lose something possibly could also gain something as well...The decision doesn't have to be made right away said I would love to see Seamulo win the job either at G or C not handing anything away 

As far as C goes,you get to see how they read D's in camp practice & preseason. Something I would like to see on the Video Library on this Eagles' website is actual recordings of camp & preseason practice. The problem with that though,is that it would give away the intricacies of your scheme and other things that you don't want the other teams to have access to.

Just going through the roster and see our FB Bonnet still here. Don't really know much about him except believe he went to school w/ Wentz. We're talking about getting a RB for those tough yds - why not him? The guy avg'd 4.8 yds/carry and almost 11 yds/rec. Mathews will be gone, Sproles in his last yr, so go get his replacement - the newer, shifty, RB/receiver type. Doubt it will happen for Bonnet, but we did use a substitute lineman in short ydg last yr and would like to see Doug convert one of them at least. Short ydg and extra blocker on deep plays. Know he wants a FB but said it's a luxury we can't afford. If a guy like that can come in for 2 downs, I don't care if he's called a FB, RB or whatever as long as he can get those short yds.

Pederson said that the only way he would carry a FB was if he was a 2 or 3 down player like you said. Pretty much the equivalent to a complete RB. A player that can run,catch,be affective in pass pro,and have the ability to be one of the lead blockers for a RB.