Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Who Makes Jump From 2016 Draft Class?

SOOOO to clarify(and I will concentrate this time 1) Gareon Conley-CB-OSU 2) Quincy Wilson-CB-Florida 3) Demarcus Walker-DE-FSU 4) Nazair Jones-DT-NC 4) Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech 5) James Conner-RB-Pitt 6) Josh Carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7)Tarik Cohen-RB(Sproles replacement)-NC ATT&T

UDFA-Jehu Chesson-WR-Michigan,Travin Dural-WR-LSU :)

Okay I might as well weigh in too. Give me two of these three CB's. Wilson, Conley, or Jones. I happen to believe that only one rookie CB will start this year. If the Eagles end up with Jones as one of their picks they can let him heal properly before getting him on the field. I also believe that one of our current CB's will step up to the plate. I really would like to see Aaron Grymes or C. J. Smith compete with Brooks for the nickle back position however I don't know if the Eagles are even looking at them in that capacity.

I have those!! lol

SOOOO to clarify(and I will concentrate this time 1) Gareon Conley-CB-OSU 2) Quincy Wilson-CB-Florida 3) Demarcus Walker-DE-FSU 4) Nazair Jones-DT-NC 4) Xavier Woods-SS-Louisiana Tech 5) James Conner-RB-Pitt 6) Josh Carraway-DE/OLB-TCU 7)Tarik Cohen-RB(Sproles replacement)-NC ATT&T

This was tough for me considering I am a WR guy(as you all know),But for the good of the team I will sacrifice lol

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wilson,gotta be able to START,we can't rely on "I SHOULD play" Depends on our scouts and his medical outlook.Wilson really seems a better fit than Conley,but I'll take them both

OK now I got it man the Quincy Jones was really throwing me off lol I was confused 

Obviously was I lol

Welcome to the club GB - reality, what a concept. Now to show the EMB I'm willing to take risks - if Sidney Jones is avail  at 43, I'd take him. If GB can get off the WR at 14 wagon, I can get off the "don't hire injured players" wagon. This is not a chronically injured player like Lattimore - who I wouldn't take.

The Wizard Of OZ is known for moving around in the draft. Maybe some of that rubbed off on Joe Douglas. I don't normally believe in doing that but this year I would like to move up after the first round. Somehow I would like to have two second round picks this year. Not familiar enough with how to accomplish the task but it would enable the Eagles to take the BPA, or CB in the first and get another good CB and DL in the second.

Welcome to the club GB - reality, what a concept. Now to show the EMB I'm willing to take risks - if Sidney Jones is avail  at 43, I'd take him. If GB can get off the WR at 14 wagon, I can get off the "don't hire injured players" wagon. This is not a chronically injured player like Lattimore - who I wouldn't take.

Jones would be a great pick-up IF his medical team can say he will be 100% at some time.If you can't stay on the field,doesn't matter how good you are

My op is reality.Just because I changed gears does not make it unreal lol.I still think Davis will be a star(reality)

Welp, Looks like most agree CB is the way to go now.... I am leaning that way also, but if there is that guy who drops and we feel is way too good to pass up on, what do we do? For instance, say O. J. Howard, Barnett and Foster are ALL available at pick 14 but Conley is not..... Do we grab next best CB or take one of these dudes and hope we grab a solid CB in round 2?

You're absolutely correct GB. Everything I've read is positive for Jones' recovery, meaning we're not the only ones who would want him. That and keeping a positive attitude for a fast recovery as I'm heading for the operating table

BTW if you look at skillset,the actual reality islWilson is a better fit that Conley.And also reality I found Woods as a late SS.Small school,but this kid can HIT(aka no mercy)

Shady again not at Bills' OTA's, such a team player. Cue in your fav A Iverson line.

Apparently his contract is not guaranteed this year and if he gets hurt they can get rid of him for nothing. The money is not guaranteed until after a certain date. Guess he is probably thinking that he is skating on thin ice. LOL

That's the quandary Stine, if one of those guys falls to us. Really think you'd have to go BPA as you have them graded if a game changer fell to us. I really like those 3. It's better to have to make a difficult choice than having nobody you really want.

Welp, Looks like most agree CB is the way to go now.... I am leaning that way also, but if there is that guy who drops and we feel is way too good to pass up on, what do we do? For instance, say O. J. Howard, Barnett and Foster are ALL available at pick 14 but Conley is not..... Do we grab next best CB or take one of these dudes and hope we grab a solid CB in round 2?

Yep! I mean BPA in round 1 for me. That is why I would try to get 2 second round picks. I think they could get Jones in the second round and possibly Wilson or Conley with the other second round pick. Don't know how many draft picks it would take though.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Yep! I mean BPA in round 1 for me. That is why I would try to get 2 second round picks. I think they could get Jones in the second round and possibly Wilson or Conley with the other second round pick. Don't know how many draft picks it would take though.

Other guys with talent at CB such as Moreau if Gareon is gone.Would be a difficult call.Teen would be dumb if they did not take Howard lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Other guys with talent at CB such as Moreau if Gareon is gone.Would be a difficult call.Teen would be dumb if they did not take Howard lol

Tenn

I gave up on WR for 2 reasons 1)we DO have a chance to re-sign BOTH or at least 1 out of the Alshon/Smith deal 2) it appears the top WR's will be coveted more than I had suspected(forgot about the Ravens needing 1) coupled with the fact AZ may take one,Bucs could move up for 1 or possibly the Saints could take one.The in my view the odds were against us getting those guys.Using the above logic/reality there are some good UDFA WR's that will be fine sitting a year,which then leads me to the fact we need to fix this dang secondary.We out it off too long,so let's get to it already!!

I gave up on WR for 2 reasons 1)we DO have a chance to re-sign BOTH or at least 1 out of the Alshon/Smith deal 2) it appears the top WR's will be coveted more than I had suspected(forgot about the Ravens needing 1) coupled with the fact AZ may take one,Bucs could move up for 1 or possibly the Saints could take one.The in my view the odds were against us getting those guys.Using the above logic/reality there are some good UDFA WR's that will be fine sitting a year,which then leads me to the fact we need to fix this dang secondary.We out it off too long,so let's get to it already!!

*put

Watched a show this am on draft prospects - Inside College Football. Showed Pedey and crew watching this guy intently

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2180616/jeremy-cutrer

Other guys like him we could get UDAF or late are Shaquille Griffin and Ashton Lampkin,we looked at them "intently" also

The tie in with Jenkins also having gone to Ohio St is what added points to Conley's draft column for me. We've had some secondary players here who did not do well then went on to do well elsewhere ( have I mentioned I hate NE how they do this so well ). A big part of the problems back there has been communication. With Jenkins and Conley coming from the same system that won't be a problem.

GBFL and downwithdallas,
Thanks for the encouragement. I just don't watch much college football to provide even an intelligent mock. I like Christian McCaffey or Dalvin Cook just fine; many mocks on NFL Network have one of them going to the Eagles at 14. The Eagles have a lot of needs, so I would stick with BPA for round 1 and then try to find some starting CBs in round 2 and 3. I like all of the big names of DBs that I have watched film on though. Peppers is a football player! Hooker is as well. Both are listed as Safeties, but the film on them is DISRUPTIVE.
Rumor is starting to circulate that the Browns are considering taking the North Carolina QB at #1. wow! I wouldn't put my job on the line for him. Nothing personal against him, but I don't see enough experience to know if he is a potential franchise QB or just a 4th round backup that a desperate team took at #1.