Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Who Makes Jump From 2016 Draft Class?

Thanks to 1wrangler and GBF for your advice.  Think I'll try next year, just for fun.  At least we all have a level playing field., lol

Jump on in,we need more mocks than mine to abuse here HAHA

Don't know why you'd wait till next yr NJ, it's 2 f'n weeks till the draft. We all come up w/ guys that we didn't do on our own. Join the band! Now that there's yet another halfway decent CB on the mkt ( and they say we now have 6.6 mill - I thought it was 1.6 mill ) wonder if we make a play. Totally frees up the 1st pick. There's still the poss trade back, grab a later rd 1 and get another rd 2 or 3. Also thought I was the only crazy one thinking of grabbing Sidney Jones. I figured we has JMac a few yrs ago got an ACL just walking off the field. He's older now but came back and did well, unfortunately on a bad team after he left us.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Maybe he had a cold or something lol

Well if he had a cold both days those colds cost him a few million lol

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - you own the record for mocks, also turn me on to more late rd players than anybody

I got a day 3 player for you Nazair Jones hop on YouTube and watch the kid ball 4th rd pick probably I got GB to fall in love with him

5 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB turned me on to Perine. Watched a bit of him last pm. WOuld be a great lt rd addition.

I'm guessing but I think Perine will go 3rd or 4th rd

GB turned me on to Perine. Watched a bit of him last pm. WOuld be a great lt rd addition.

Yep,but Conner can be had later too.he was a lock 2/3 before his cancer hit

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - you own the record for mocks, also turn me on to more late rd players than anybody

I got a day 3 player for you Nazair Jones hop on YouTube and watch the kid ball 4th rd pick probably I got GB to fall in love with him

Yep,you did that! Hoping you like Woods after him.Tough kid,likes to HIT people

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Woods looks good to me as a box safety not sure about a back end guy but that's why he is a late 4th rd pick

I own te record for most USELESS mocks.Early on I change them like daily lol.Still just guessing like everyone else.Eventually I find one that WORKS.IDK,like perrine but we'd have to spend a 4th there(and I have other plans haha),so for my the VALUE pick is Conner in the 5th

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Woods looks good to me as a box safety not sure about a back end guy but that's why he is a late 4th rd pick

A little coaching may help.I just like the fact he seems quick to the ball and as a S he can help out the CB.lPlus he seems tough on run D and also safety blitz's,so IMO there are alot of ways to utilize his skill set

4 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:
  6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

A little coaching may help.I just like the fact he seems quick to the ball and as a S he can help out the CB.lPlus he seems tough on run D and also safety blitz's,so IMO there are alot of ways to utilize his skill set

IF(IF) Schwartz decides to blitz more lol

Roderick Johnson, I don't think he is NFL ready, but if he slid to the deep 3rd where Eagles pick, he should be able to develop into a good starting RT. Eagles should consider something similar for when peters exits. for some reason I like Jon Heck in the late rounds as well.

Roderick Johnson, I don't think he is NFL ready, but if he slid to the deep 3rd where Eagles pick, he should be able to develop into a good starting RT. Eagles should consider something similar for when peters exits. for some reason I like Jon Heck in the late rounds as well.

I'm taking DE- DeMarcus Walker in 3-we need a dang PASS RUSH

3 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

Agreed, I do think Vinny Curry will make major strides like Brandon Grahm did. Hopefully this season. I while back even Grahm called himself a bust. Now I think hes one of the best in the league if not in sacks in pressure.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

Agreed, I do think Vinny Curry will make major strides like Brandon Grahm did. Hopefully this season. I while back even Grahm called himself a bust. Now I think hes one of the best in the league if not in sacks in pressure.

Well we need to replace Barwin(who didn't really fit there) so that would be an improvement right there

2 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

Doesn't part  of you feel like they were saving Curry. He already had inked his big contract. Barwin we all knew was a one year stop gap in Schwartz D coming in. So isn't it possible that the big guys got together and said we are riding Barwin this season(2016)? Give a bit more longevity to Curry's career by sparing him the NFL abuse to a small degree.

So much pointing towards a potential monster break out year for Curry. I could see a huge jump coming from MS2 as well. He was buried by Chipper so he could choke control from Howie. Fans don't seem to want to admit it but MS2 contributed last season. He probably could have been used more even. His draft profile was that of 'project.'  We could finally see that blossom  here year four. Which when you think about all the snaps Barwin hogged puts him right about on schedule to boom year four. If he consistently is getting those 2nd string snaps this season.

Could be wabbit. Hey - it's Easter! Feel more they decided Curry wasn't ready and if he was better than Barwin last yr and Curry could help them win they would have played him more. Sure hope he spent some of the OS in the weight room and worked on his technique, need him to improve.

Been looking at late rd RB's. Don't know if Foreman and esp Perine will be avail in the 4th.

I really hate staying home on a Fri night.

Glad you're sounding hopeful. MS2 did contribute last yr, still needs further improvement but may become a viable b/u. Don't know if he'll become consistent starter material,  but it's every players' job to continually work at his craft - NFL=Not For Long if they don