Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RememberTheKoy

Eli Manning caught being actively involved in a scam selling fake gear wrongfully advertised as "game used"

67 posts in this topic

I didn't think Eli had something like this in him. He always came off as such a dork.

There seems to be an abundance of memorabilia out there sold as "game worn/used". There are only 46 players that can dress each game... It seems to me that too much stuff is out there to be authentic. I always wonder where it came from.

30 minutes ago, toolg said:

There seems to be an abundance of memorabilia out there sold as "game worn/used". There are only 46 players that can dress each game... It seems to me that too much stuff is out there to be authentic. I always wonder where it came from.

I wonder if their backup helmets/jerseys are considered 'Game used' or only those items actually worn while playing/standing on the sidelines. That could potentially double the items available, if each player has one backup helmet and jersey. Triple, if it's two backups.

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wonder if their backup helmets/jerseys are considered 'Game used' or only those items actually worn while playing/standing on the sidelines. That could potentially double the items available, if each player has one backup helmet and jersey. Triple, if it's two backups.

I didn't know they had time to change jerseys during the game to have extras lying around...  I figure everyone gets a new jersey for each game. Some of those poor jerseys will be so torn up and stained by the end of the game. And everyone looks so brand new at the start of the next one.

Nah. It will forever be Eli Manning asking the equipment guy for stuff. :lol:

Just now, toolg said:

I didn't know they had time to change jerseys during the game to have extras lying around...  I figure everyone gets a new jersey for each game. Some of those poor jerseys will be so torn up and stained by the end of the game. And everyone looks so brand new at the start of the next one.

I don't know if they still do it, but I remember back when the Eagles used to sell game used stuff, some of the jerseys and helmets indicated that they were 'unused game backups'. If a jersey gets ripped during a game, it has to be replaced. So a backup would be needed.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, toolg said:

Here's an example from PE.COM in 2004:

If you look down the list, you'll see that the jerseys say 'game issued', not 'game used'.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20041012150432/http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com:80/showitems.asp?deptcode1=522

PE.COM_2004.JPG.5a277803d58f2b2cbe1f002334f57db0.JPG

Most of the links don't work, but the Sheldon Brown Link does work:

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/20041217105225/http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com:80/productinfo.asp?item=727&deptcode1=522

Sheldon Brown Game Issued Jersey 
Item #99-466

This jersey was prepared as a backup jersey and issued to Sheldon Brown for the 2003 season.  Team issued jerseys are taylored for each player and served as a backup game jersey in the players locker.  The jersey has a size and year tag to show it's approval for game use. This jersey comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the team.  No returns or exchanges are allowed due to the unique nature of this item. 

So Eli doesn't mind scamming people to turn a profit? Maybe he's got a career in politics after football?

I've always been neutral on my feelings about Eli, as he generally appears to be a nice guy that seems somewhat slow.. but this makes me realize he's a POS.

2 people like this

Fake news. Has to be. guy is a multi-zillionaire.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:07 AM, boogyman said:

Oh haha got it. My Internet sarcasm meter was malfunctioning last night.

The most funny scenario is that this bothers Goodell so much he suspends Eli for 4 games. The Giants lose all 4, then Eli comes back, has a season for the ages and wins the superbowl Ala Brady.

Not hoping that happens but it would be funny.

Ummm...unless Eli gets traded to another team--that's not in the NFC East--there's no scenario that's funny where Eli gets his third Super Bowl ring. 

3 hours ago, Phila.:chip said:

Ummm...unless Eli gets traded to another team--that's not in the NFC East--there's no scenario that's funny where Eli gets his third Super Bowl ring. 

Lighten up skippy.

29 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Lighten up skippy Francis.

Fixed.

1 person likes this

Game-worn 2004 Eli Manning helmet allegedly lacks 2004 helmet decal

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/game-worn-2004-eli-manning-helmet-allegedly-lacks-2004-helmet-decal/

As the Giants and quarterback Eli Manning continue to downplay a lawsuit alleging fraudulent game-used memorabilia sales, evidence of potential smoking guns continues to emerge.

Beyond a walks-talks-quacks-like-a-duck email message that the Giants and Manning have yet to rebut with a corresponding degree of clarity, a new article from Will Hobson of the Washington Post leads with a hand-in-cookie-jar example of a game-used item that necessarily wasn’t used in the game the team and Manning claim it was used in.

Eric Inselberg, the man who is suing the Giants over the alleged fraud, claims that a 2004 game-used Eli Manning helmet with a letter of authenticity from the company that has a contract to sell Manning’s game-worn items is missing one key feature that all Giants helmets had in 2004: A sticker in the rear bearing the number 79 and the initials "R.B.,” in honor of the late Roosevelt Brown.

The Giants and Manning issued to Hobson a general denial through a spokesperson for the law firm defending the case:  "We dispute all the accusations related to the team and its employees.”

General denials are easy to issue. At some point, the Giants and Manning will have to provide a clear and specific response to the claim that Manning’s 2004 game-used helmet wasn’t game-used in 2004 (or ever) because it lacks the Roosevelt Brown sticker.

After the the 2nd email this is now proven. There is admission of a crime, not calling someone a nickname that you can pretend means something specific.

Eli and Peyton, brothers in crime. ( sexual harassment, illegal drugs, fraud)

Olivia and Archie must be so proud!

This would be a year suspension if Eli played in Foxborough.

20 hours ago, skippyx said:

After the the 2nd email this is now proven. There is admission of a crime, not calling someone a nickname that you can pretend means something specific.

Eli and Peyton, brothers in crime. ( sexual harassment, illegal drugs, fraud)

Olivia and Archie must be so proud!

This would be a year suspension if Eli played in Foxborough.

But he doesn't, so he wont.

Shut the hell up

I haven't been really following this case all that closely, but let's just say that Eli is guilty. He intentionally had non-game used items, made up to look game used knowing that they would be sold as 'game used'.

What are the implications? Felony fraud and criminal charges or just civil consequences (paying money to those harmed)?

58 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't been really following this case all that closely, but let's just say that Eli is guilty. He intentionally had non-game used items, made up to look game used knowing that they would be sold as 'game used'.

What are the implications? Felony fraud and criminal charges or just civil consequences (paying money to those harmed)?

He's a Manning. He'll get off free of charge.

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My guess would be civil damages being paid out. I haven't followed the case at all, to be honest, but I cant imagine them being able to bust him on criminal charges and making them stick.

If he did indeed do this, I'd consider him to be an a-hole, but thats not a crime. If it was, they'd have to build a few thousand more prisons in this country just to handle the overflow

5 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

My guess would be civil damages being paid out. I haven't followed the case at all, to be honest, but I cant imagine them being able to bust him on criminal charges and making them stick.

If he did indeed do this, I'd consider him to be an a-hole, but thats not a crime. If it was, they'd have to build a few thousand more prisons in this country just to handle the overflow

That one email from the guy saying that fake stuff was made up because Eli didn't want to give up the real stuff, is pretty damning (if true).

I just can't see him involved in this mess.

Can you picture Eli in an orange jump suit loading into a prison bus? The guy still looks like he's 13 years old waiting to shave for the first time. 

34 minutes ago, gch said:

I just can't see him involved in this mess.

I can, not because he's the Giants QB and I have a bias against him for that reason (which I freely admit to having for that very reason). But stepping outside of my role as a fan, I can see every single NFL player having an attitude that they can do no wrong and if they don't want to give up a particular helmet or jersey, what harm would it be to tell the equipment manager to just make one look 'game used'? After all, it's still a 'real' helmet or jersey, right?

The way that I could envision this being a serious felony (if the statute of limitations hasn't run out), is if the items were highly valuable, over $10,000 (I think that's the threshold for a felony) and/or if they were shipped to buyers in the mail. That would add the element of mail fraud to the case, which I believe in and of itself is a felony.

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That one email from the guy saying that fake stuff was made up because Eli didn't want to give up the real stuff, is pretty damning (if true).

If its true, he should get what he deserves, Giants QB or not.

14 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

If its true, he should get what he deserves, Giants QB or not.

I have no idea what did or didn't happen here.

Nor will I waste any time, other than this little post, speculating on what may or may not happen.

How about we see how it plays out and then have a bash-fest on the entire ordeal?

41 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

I have no idea what did or didn't happen here.

Nor will I waste any time, other than this little post, speculating on what may or may not happen.

How about we see how it plays out and then have a bash-fest on the entire ordeal?

How about showing me where I said anything otherwise myself?

"IF" is a big word to miss in the post of mine that you quoted, but since you obviously did, I'll explain: It connotes the unknown, meaning that I made no definitive statements about the situation. My thoughts, once again, were that IF he's guilty of what he's being accused, he should get what he deserves. Pretty simple stuff, but you still managed to screw it up.

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

How about showing me where I said anything otherwise myself?

"IF" is a big word to miss in the post of mine that you quoted, but since you obviously did, I'll explain: It connotes the unknown, meaning that I made no definitive statements about the situation. My thoughts, once again, were that IF he's guilty of what he's being accused, he should get what he deserves. Pretty simple stuff, but you still managed to screw it up.

You're wayyyy too full of yourself. You are completely & utterly mistaken.

My post has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

It's simply my thoughts on the subject, dig?

Just now, McNabbIsGone said:

You're wayyyy too full of yourself. You are completely & utterly mistaken.

My post has nothing whatsoever to do with you.

It's simply my thoughts on the subject, dig?

Nothing to do with me, but you quoted my post. :rolleyes:

If you dont want your words misconstrued, dont quote.