Sign in to follow this  
RememberTheKoy

Eli Manning caught being actively involved in a scam selling fake gear wrongfully advertised as "game used"

49 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You just reminded me of a movie...

Lol that’s where I first heard about disclosure. 

Judge orders Eli Manning memorabilia fraud case to go to trial next month

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23252145/judge-orders-eli-manning-memorabilia-fraud-case-go-trial-next-month

A New Jersey Superior Court Judge ruled Thursday that fraud claims against New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning in a memorabilia civil case will still go to trial.

Judge James DeLuca, issued a summary judgment decision on various claims brought by three collectors against Manning, memorabilia company Steiner Sports, Giants equipment manager Joe Skiba, Giants co-owner John Mara and others.

In a lawsuit, which has been going for more than four years, the collectors allege, based on information collected themselves and by experts, that the two helmets passed off as game-used were counterfeit.

Skiba, who was accused of allegedly making the fake Manning helmets that were sold to the collectors by Steiner, had almost all the claims against him dismissed. The judge agreed with his counsel's arguments that he never profited off the exchange of helmets, nor did he ever directly represent the items as game-used to consumers.

Manning himself was not as fortunate. He is the only defendant who the judge found could have possibly violated common law fraud, which carries the extra legal burden of having to intent to deceive. Manning not only delivered helmets to Steiner to satisfy his contract, but he signed a letter directed to one of the collectors attesting to the helmet being game-used. He signed another helmet as "game used."

In what became the biggest bombshell of discovery in the trial, the plaintiffs found an email from Manning to Skiba asking if he could get him two helmets that could "can pass as game used."

While Manning's lawyers said the phrase was being overanalyzed and didn't hint of deception, they never directly provided any context that would have cleared Manning.

Manning's motion to waive the claim of consumer fraud was also denied. Steiner Sports, which was accused of knowingly omitting facts when representing the helmets, also must fight the count at trial. A jury will also decide whether Manning and Steiner are liable of "negligent misrepresentation."

The Giants could still be found liable for fraud if a jury agrees with the plaintiffs that they failed to supervise the transactions that were happening among their employees.

The trial is scheduled for May 14.

If this is wrapped up by training camp, or at least before the season, and Eli's found to have been involved in fraud then the NFL should take action. If that happens, I'd envision Eli just retiring.

We have already heard about the evidence as in actual emails from Eli.

The guy is a petty criminal.

Why pretend Brady is some magician who can control the laws of physics when you have an actual SB QB who cheats to the level of actual crimes?

In what became the biggest bombshell of discovery in the trial, the plaintiffs found an email from Manning to Skiba asking if he could get him two helmets that could "can pass as game used."

This is not some clowns thinking 'deflator' must mean footballs AND must mean deflation to below legal limits instead of deflation to legal limits (BTW, if this is you, you are an idiot) This is actual proof of criminal conspiracy to defraud by a guy who has already made 219 million+ in salary.

There is also actual proof of criminal activity by Peyton Manning (HGH sent to his house under his wife's name)

What a scumbag family. :lol:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-has-no-comment-on-eli-manning’s-pending-fraud-trial/ar-AAw9zNC?ocid=spartanntp

From the Tremeloes:

" Silence is golden
                                                  but my eyes still see
                                                silence is golden, golden
                                                  but my eyes still see."

After a guilty verdict is announced, I'm going to have Roger strip the Giants of all W's during Eli's career. They must also forfeit any awards gained during those years...

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

After a guilty verdict is announced, I'm going to have Roger strip the Giants of all W's during Eli's career. They must also forfeit any awards gained during those years...

I don't know about that man. That would mean giving the Patriots 2 more super bowls

7 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know about that man. That would mean giving the Patriots 2 more super bowls

No, they would just be vacated. They no longer exist. Pete Carroll's vacated National Championship didn't revert to Oklahoma. It's just vacated. Voided.

So the Lombardi's go back and are melted down. The players, coaches front office personnel are required to forfeit their rings. All fans who bought Super Bowl Champions gear are required to send it back to the NFL and any children who were born after those games and were named Eli are required to be put up for adoption with their names changed.

All references to those voided games must be deleted from all existence.

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, they would just be vacated. They no longer exist. Pete Carroll's vacated National Championship didn't revert to Oklahoma. It's just vacated. Voided.

So the Lombardi's go back and are melted down. The players, coaches front office personnel are required to forfeit their rings. All fans who bought Super Bowl Champions gear are required to send it back to the NFL and any children who were born after those games and were named Eli are required to be put up for adoption with their names changed.

:roll::roll:

Post of the year nominee. 

Well then by all means!!! Carry on!! Lol

This disgusts me to no end. A multimillionaire helping to rob working stiffs out of their money is the lowest of the low. 

In terms of the personal conduct policy, he should get suspended for at least 8 games. (He won't)

8 hours ago, SBorBust said:

This disgusts me to no end. A multimillionaire helping to rob working stiffs out of their money is the lowest of the low. 

In terms of the personal conduct policy, he should get suspended for at least 8 games. (He won't)

Well look at it this way.  The memorabilia that was faked may be worth more being that it’s part of the Eli fraudgate than if it was actually game worn. 

For me. I’ve never got into the whole "signed memorabilia” thing. I know many here are and I have plenty of friends who are into it. Just never was my thing.  

If I get something signed in person, then heck yeah.  It’s free and has a personnel memory attached to it.  But buying it from a 3rd party just doesn’t get it for me. 

2 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

If I get something signed in person, then heck yeah.  It’s free and has a personnel memory attached to it.  

I still have my Eagles visor signed by Sheldon Brown up at Lehigh.

Can't recall the exact year but I guess it was '04, '05 or '06.

Got to meet Trotter & Dawk as well!

I stopped going after that b/c the crowds & parking got to be a pain in the arse. 

But buying it from a 3rd party just doesn’t get it for me.

Agree.  

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Well look at it this way.  The memorabilia that was faked may be worth more being that it’s part of the Eli fraudgate than if it was actually game worn. 

For me. I’ve never got into the whole "signed memorabilia” thing. I know many here are and I have plenty of friends who are into it. Just never was my thing.  

If I get something signed in person, then heck yeah.  It’s free and has a personnel memory attached to it.  But buying it from a 3rd party just doesn’t get it for me. 

I was never really into getting autographs at all. I was in Atlanta airport going back to Fort Gordon from being on leave when the boxer Gerry Cooney came walking by. I got up and followed him for about 50 steps, I was going to ask for an autograph, then asked myself 'why?' and did I really want to ask this man to sign a piece of paper for me? All he was, was a boxer. I came to the conclusion that I really didn't want his autograph, so I turned around and sat back down to wait for my plane back to Augusta.

That was probably either late 1989 or very early 1990. Since then, I've never had a desire to get an autograph from anyone.

I was never really into getting autographs at all. I was in Atlanta airport going back to Fort Gordon from being on leave when the boxer Gerry Cooney came walking by. I got up and followed him for about 50 steps, I was going to ask for an autograph, then asked myself 'why?' and did I really want to ask this man to sign a piece of paper for me? All he was, was a boxer. I came to the conclusion that I really didn't want his autograph, so I turned around and sat back down to wait for my plane back to Augusta.

That was probably either late 1989 or very early 1990. Since then, I've never had a desire to get an autograph from anyone.

But he was the great white hope....

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

But he was the great white hope....

lol I remember him destroying Ken Norton. I thought he had a decent chance against Larry Holmes.

Settlement reached as the case was going to court. LINK  Details were not given.

I think both sides of the case were mislead here...  Eli thought he was upholding his end of the agreement. Ultimately I blame the memorabilia guys and their customers. They had an expectation that wasn't being met. Why were they working directly with a player anyway? Maybe they should conduct business directly with the team and the equipment guys.

For the memorabilia thing, a lot of fans don't have a chance to go to player meet and greet events where they can get that stuff. I've never lived in Philly so I've never gotten the opportunity for any of those things, but I have a ton of signed stuff because I love the teams/players. To me they're more special than the generic banners, posters, etc.

I could be wrong but isn't there some stats somewhere on how a staggering amount of sports memorabilia is indeed fraudulent and/or suspect?

I recall seeing something about it and it pretty much made me swear off buying such items.