Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz Has Leap To Make In Year 2

Wentz. Improve footwork and decision making. Those two things alone will make your game MUCH better. Throwing mechanics, at this stage of a guy's career, is not easy to change. Footwork is practice, repetition, paying attention to detail. Decision making is practice, repetition, paying attention to detail. No pressure Wentz, but we are all counting on you dude!

Ryan Mathews injury status really hurts the Eagles from being able to move on. If he is going to retire, I wish he would do so BEFORE the draft. That's not likely to happen, but I can wish. I like Mathews. But this injury he has now with his running style is not a good mix.

So, would anyone be interested in trading back with the Texans? Eagles would get pick 25 in the first and pick 57 in the second for pick 14. LOL

I heard Wentz say he was working on efficiency. And that's what it is about. The way he holds the ball dropping back and footwork is probably all anyone can handle at once. Messing with the throwing motion at the same time is doubtful to yield any positive results.

4 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Getting a running game would be Wentz's biggest help right now.

Grab Blount + draft

Or move up and grab Fournette.
This kid is going to be a star RB, let's make him our star RB.

Let me tell you that he will be a decent RB, but he will not be nearly as good as Elliott. Just to let you know that you heard it here first. McCaffrey will be a stud in the NFL. He has speed, vision, balance and can be a weapon in the passing game. He played on a pro style offense so will adapt much faster. IF the Eagles do go RB in the first round (Which I am against) McCaffrey is who I want. Fournette is not the type of RB that is suited for the west coast offense....

In fact, I would rather draft Cook and a few other RB's before Fournette. I see another Melvin Gordon RB in him.....

Ryan Mathews injury status really hurts the Eagles from being able to move on. If he is going to retire, I wish he would do so BEFORE the draft. That's not likely to happen, but I can wish. I like Mathews. But this injury he has now with his running style is not a good mix.

They cannot cut him yet, but once he is medically cleared they can do so and will. All know it so he is probably hoping he can wait the Eagles out and get a compensation...

Had Kamara in the 2nd and De'Veon Smith later in my mock, which took a lot of thought just for that DE in the 1str rumor to ruin everything!

How long until they can just reach an injury settlement?

Spell check working OT

Not sure. I assume they could try and settle now, but I am sure the Eagles would prefer to just cut him and save all that cap space, so we wait.......

I had Humphrey mocked in the first until everyone told me he is too slow and gets beat deep. So I changed him and now see he is one of the fastest CB's in the draft? Moral is do not believe everything you hear.

I had Humphrey mocked in the first until everyone told me he is too slow and gets beat deep. So I changed him and now see he is one of the fastest CB's in the draft? Moral is do not believe everything you hear.

I never told you he was slow stine, I told you he has trouble with the deep pass. Plus I believe he has a 19 yards per catch completion average against him.

Wouldn't Humphrey actually be better off in a zone scheme? He can cover an area, stretch that area and he loses it.

I used to believe that the Eagles would not trade down in the draft because Joe Douglas stated that he wanted to take the BPA with pick 14. Since I don't believe that any CB's are worth the 14th pick and think they may go CB in both the first and second rounds, they might as well trade back and get the additional second round pick. They could still get Wilson later in the first round and take Jones with the second round pick. With the additional second rounder they could take WR, RB, or DE.

Wouldn't Humphrey actually be better off in a zone scheme? He can cover an area, stretch that area and he loses it.

I personally believe that he would be a good safety. He is a great tackler, a good blitzer, and he has a number of tackles for a loss. Plays pretty good bump and run up around the line of scrimmage.

33 minutes ago, stine said:

I never told you he was slow stine, I told you he has trouble with the deep pass. Plus I believe he has a 19 yards per catch completion average against him.

This is true, but he has also had much better WR's to cover than the other CB's being drafted. He got beat once by Ross, which is not terrible considering his speed. JuJu had only 1 catch against him for 9 yards. Williams had some success, but he did OK against him. All I am saying is all the issues he has can be corrected. He has the speed. He just needs the coaching. He reminds me of DRC.... If you remember correctly, DRc used to get beat deep allot in the beginning too, but he turned out to be a solid CB....

It don't matter what I think anyway. The Eagles are probably going to piss on my parade and draft Ross..... Than you all will hear a loud crash. That will be my Flat screen being tossed out the window.....

4 hours ago, Benzino999 said:
  5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Getting a running game would be Wentz's biggest help right now.

Grab Blount + draft

Or move up and grab Fournette.
This kid is going to be a star RB, let's make him our star RB.

Let me tell you that he will be a decent RB, but he will not be nearly as good as Elliott. Just to let you know that you heard it here first. McCaffrey will be a stud in the NFL. He has speed, vision, balance and can be a weapon in the passing game. He played on a pro style offense so will adapt much faster. IF the Eagles do go RB in the first round (Which I am against) McCaffrey is who I want. Fournette is not the type of RB that is suited for the west coast offense....

FLY EAGLES FLY! Fournette is a pounder and our offense would have to change if we drafted him. I agree McCafffrey is the RB I hope they draft. He reminds me of the great Brian Westbrook in style and ability. He has been in a pro offense so learning curve could be shorter. Big question can he pick up blitzes?

34 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  54 minutes ago, stine said:

This is true, but he has also had much better WR's to cover than the other CB's being drafted. He got beat once by Ross, which is not terrible considering his speed. JuJu had only 1 catch against him for 9 yards. Williams had some success, but he did OK against him. All I am saying is all the issues he has can be corrected. He has the speed. He just needs the coaching. He reminds me of DRC.... If you remember correctly, DRc used to get beat deep allot in the beginning too, but he turned out to be a solid CB....

No matter which CB the Eagles draft I am not sure Undlin is up to the task. The more proven skills these guys have when they get here the better for me.

The Mans' Prayer - "I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess" - Red Green

In bowing to the latest DE in the 1st rumor;

1) DE Derek Barnett

2) CB Kevin King, CB Sidney Jones

3) RB Samaje Perine

4) CB Howard Wilson

4) OLB Carroll Phillips

5) TE Bucky Hodges

6) WR Travis Rudolph

7) RB De'Veon Smith

1 hour ago, stine said:

Girl Brandt from nfl.com just released his top 150 Humphrey was his 7th CB and Jones and Moreau were behind him only cause of injury that would make him the 9th best CB on his big board he is still the 43rd player on the list but that says a lot about how the experts feel

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Mans' Prayer - "I am a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess" - Red Green

1) DE Derek Barnett

3) RB Samaje Perine

4) CB Howard Wilson

4) OLB Carroll Phillips

5) TE Bucky Hodges

6) WR Travis Rudolph

7) RB De'Veon Smith

I would hate this draft honestly yuck 

1) DE Derek Barnett

3) RB Samaje Perine

4) CB Howard Wilson

4) OLB Carroll Phillips

5) TE Bucky Hodges

6) WR Travis Rudolph

7) RB De'Veon Smith

I have a feeling that the Eagles will bring in a couple undrafted CB's to compete. Might find a diamond in the rough. Of course we may already have a diamond in the rough on the squad.

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I have a feeling that the Eagles will bring in a couple undrafted CB's to compete. Might find a diamond in the rough. Of course we may already have a diamond in the rough on the squad.

Who???

Don't care DWD, not my preferred mock, just incorporating the latest rumor of DE in the 1st. Do your research and do better, let's see it. Get your Schwartz CB's, type of RB's we need etc. Always so fast to jump on others, so there's your challenge.