DaveSpadaro

[News] Offense Or Defense For Draft Weekend?

As the days wind down before the NFL Draft becomes live, we’re going to be inundated with rumors and guesses and everything that makes the pre-draft process so much fun. But when it boils down to the nuts and bolts, the Eagles need to come out of next week’s draft with players around whom they can build ...

View the full article

We all know Matthews will be let go when healthy. So of course RB is a need at some point. Who ever it is needs to be a day 1 starter.

Still feel the first pick will be Offensive, since two of the starting WR are on one year contracts and JMatt is in his last year.

Goin with D(CB's at 1,2) DE -3rd.We gotta fix this secondary and get some semblance of a pass rush.This is the draft to do it.let Rmat go,grab Blount draft Conner in round 5,Cohen in 5 and we're good to go

Goin with D(CB's at 1,2) DE -3rd.We gotta fix this secondary and get some semblance of a pass rush.This is the draft to do it.let Rmat go,grab Blount draft Conner in round 5,Cohen in 5 and we're good to go

Cohen in 6

Still feel the first pick will be Offensive, since two of the starting WR are on one year contracts and JMatt is in his last year.

2-1 year options on Smith.Alshone turned down more money to play here.if we show him we are on track for contention,see no reason we can;t re-sign him(tag if needed).Deep WR class,so not real worried on that front

I want Conley at 14 he is my can't pass on player if he is there. Might not have the athletic traits some guys have but he is my #1 CB in this draft. Lattimore has injury concerns and 1 year of production. Then I want Jones in the 2nd he was my #1 CB before injury if we can get my top 2 CBs in this draft I would be ecstatic. It would go a long way to fixing our secondary. 

Agreed.I have Conley in there also.A bit worried about Jones,will he come back as the player he was? Sometimes they can,sometimes not and why I put Wilson in there,but either would be fine.I also really like Moreau alot.His combine numbers were first rate,but feel he will go somewhere between 14 and 43 :( if he's there at 43,there is no question I pull that trigger lol

I would say defensive player will be the pick at 14. Since it's been all the way back until 1988 and Keith Jackson that they didn't pick QB, OL, DL, WR or CB first ... we can assume that QB is out ... seems like 14 is high for any OL this year ... that just leaves WR. Unless Joe Douglas changes things ... WR, CB, DL will be the pick. 2/3 of the odds say defense.

I SAY DEFENSE TOO, but I do not think Conley is the pick....

Way to many scenarios to think of. It obviously wont shake out till right around pick #10. I do however think that D and more specifically DE just might be addressed first. After all a wise man once said "It all starts with the lines". Having a Monster DL does indirectly help the CB situation and grabbing a DB in Rd 2 seems more than feasible. As much as I would love to see a big offensive splash in Rd 1 I just see that less and less as time goes on. BTW- sure would LOVE to see 1 or 2 QBs go in the top 13. That would Really shake things up nicely.

I am personally having a very hard time believing the Captain Douglas would consider Ross. Seems like a paper tiger. I am also not getting the Conley hype. Rd1 grade sure. Not at 14 though.

Many are saying Connely top ten, some even before Lattimore. Some say the world is flat, which for me the pre-draft hype has gotten - just get it here already!

Interesting read;

Why Eagles may not like Connely

Mills was the 13th best CB in run support - which Schwartz values highly and Connely not so good at.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/eagles-draft-targets-no-14-ohio-state-cb-gareon-conley

Learning to tackle is easy. Being able to cover isnt.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cohen in 6

Say you get Connor n Cohen who gets the cut from our RBs? How many do we carry?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Agreed.I have Conley in there also.A bit worried about Jones,will he come back as the player he was? Sometimes they can,sometimes not and why I put Wilson in there,but either would be fine.I also really like Moreau alot.His combine numbers were first rate,but feel he will go somewhere between 14 and 43 :( if he's there at 43,there is no question I pull that trigger lol

I seen your Al Davis like breakdown last article. I want a guy that can flat out play not a athletic guy that is a star on paper. I do like Moreau but some of the other guys you mentioned I wouldn't be interested in. I am not really worried about Jones injury most players come back from them these days as just as good as they were before and he is young so I think his body will bounce back fast.

Defense and if Barnett is available we would be crazy to pass on him.
Would make the secondary better just being on the line.

All this talk about pass rush. But rush is nothing if you get the ball out quicker. Need a CB to take QBs 1st option away. Need both a rusher and CB. Bring on the draft!

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/4/19/15362236/nfl-draft-rumors-eagles-joe-mixon-owner-jeffrey-lurie-philadelphia-running-back-bengals-raiders-rb

So Mixon not off the board lol Oh the mind games we play.

As much as I think the biggest immediate need is CB, I see no reason to NOT take a top WR, or RB it they are there at 14. (jeffrey is a one year deal, sproles plans to retire after next season)

As much as I think the biggest immediate need is CB, I see no reason to NOT take a top WR, or RB it they are there at 14. (jeffrey is a one year deal, sproles plans to retire after next season)

Sproles is a role player hes not our starter. Can people get this in their heads already lol RMatt is the one needing to be replaced if a RB being selected at 14. You dont select a RB at 14 to replace Sproles.