Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hey Suess

2017 Hard Knocks will feature...

47 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2017 at 0:21 PM, NE.Jon said:

Eagles would not sell to the big market right now . There are other teams that would be more interesting ... personally I think we dodged a bullet .  Im betting we see the Bucs this year

 
 

called it :D 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really pleased with this selection actually.

They were a team on the rise last year. A team with a really good promising core of youngsters and a team who could be building something.

And a young QB who I think could be a bit of a character...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really pleased with this selection actually.

They were a team on the rise last year. A team with a really good promising core of youngsters and a team who could be building something.

And a young QB who I think could be a bit of a character...

 

Shameless Jamis ... I think is a bit of a fraud and will be a bust .  Not just for those crab legs Im mean who does not like crab legs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

called it :D 

Now you can go in every thread about hard knocks created and act like a complete know it all jack arse like RTK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

Now you can go in every thread about hard knocks created and act like a complete know it all jack arse like RTK. 

I couldnt top that if my life depended on it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NE.Jon said:

I couldnt top that if my life depended on it 

Lmao are you sure you don't wanna give it a shot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Lmao are you sure you don't wanna give it a shot? 

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

Shameless Jamis ... I think is a bit of a fraud and will be a bust .  Not just for those crab legs Im mean who does not like crab legs 

The first episode will be Jameis taking out his OL for free seafood.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:57 PM, CaliEagle said:

The first episode will be Jameis taking out his OL for free seafood.

No, it was Jameis showing the camera guy where, at his grandmothers house, all of the men would take a piss off the front porch while cockroaches mate and the water faucet next to the piss spot that they would all get drinks of water from.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, it was Jameis showing the camera guy where, at his grandmothers house, all of the men would take a piss off the front porch while cockroaches mate and the water faucet next to the piss spot that they would all get drinks of water from.

Swear I thought you were joking. Nope, it's exactly as you described 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Swear I thought you were joking. Nope, it's exactly as you described 

i actually like Jameis now. i did not before hard knocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

i actually like Jameis now. i did not before hard knocks

They always said he was a very bright young man and can draw the attention of a whole room with his smile and ability to talk to people. He was just a little immature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the kicker they traded up in the 2nd round to aquire last year has already been waived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Swear I thought you were joking. Nope, it's exactly as you described 

lol Nope, no joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well living in Philly  there is no way you have not run into them ... But Philly likes to lie and call them water bugs  ;D .  Its funny lady 3 houses down has all thee "water bugz "  coming form her house and trash cans . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely turn off a show I am watching. That first episode was so horrifically bad that I did and I won't watch another minute of it.

The producers and director should be cut from the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So will they show Aguayo getting cut this Tuesday or next Tuesday? I've never followed Hard Knocks before but it'd be interesting to see if I knew when it'll be shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, skippyx said:

I rarely turn off a show I am watching. That first episode was so horrifically bad that I did and I won't watch another minute of it.

The producers and director should be cut from the squad.

Yeah that was a pretty boring episode, but the episode where Aguayo is cut will probably be pretty interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

So will they show Aguayo getting cut this Tuesday or next Tuesday? I've never followed Hard Knocks before but it'd be interesting to see if I knew when it'll be shown.

They've usually shown players getting cut in the past. Like when Chad Johnson got arrested for hitting his wife and the Dolphins cut him. Sometimes they've only had audio. I remember when Hugh Douglas was cut by the Jags, Del Rio covered the camera with a cup or something, but we could still hear the audio.

They don't shy away from cuts though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

So will they show Aguayo getting cut this Tuesday or next Tuesday? I've never followed Hard Knocks before but it'd be interesting to see if I knew when it'll be shown.

I just came across this:

 

Quote

Koetter: "Me, Jason [Licht], and Hard Knocks” were in the room for Aguayo firing

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/12/koetter-me-jason-licht-and-hard-knocks-were-in-the-room-for-aguayo-firing/

HBO, go.

If you’re curious about what went down today in Tampa, when second-round kicker Roberto Aguayo got the boot, you’ll see it on Tuesday night, during the next episode of Hard Knocks.

To the extent there was any doubt about that, coach Dirk Koetter removed it on Saturday when he listed those present for the moment when Aguayo got the word that he would be getting a pink slip: "Me, [G.M.] Jason [Licht], and Hard Knocks.”

Koetter also was asked whether it’s harder to make personnel decisions with NFL Films cameras and microphones present.

"No, it’s not,” the second-year head coach said. "The cameras don’t make it harder. It’s hard because you’re dealing with a person’s career and a person’s life and whether it’s Roberto Aguayo or anyone else that we have to let go — I mean, I see what these guys go through. It’s one thing in any job if you were letting go of a guy that didn’t care or wasn’t trying to give you his best or wasn’t doing things the way you asked him, but that’s hardly ever the case. When these guys are out there and they are trying to do it the way we ask them and they’re giving it their all and it isn’t good enough sometimes, that’s difficult. I just always try to frame it with those guys when I talk to them is this doesn’t affect your manhood and I’ve been fired and you get over it and you learn from it and apply it to your next opportunity.”

Still, having those moments captured on camera for an eventual national audience is far from ideal, for anyone involved. For Aguayo, he was fired for one simple reason. He wasn’t getting it done.

"Anytime you have to let a draft pick go, it’s not something that you look forward to doing, but it’s a production business,” Koetter said. "We’ve been saying it. It’s unfortunate because Roberto is a good kid. He is trying to do the right thing, but again, it’s a production business. I’m sure he’ll get another opportunity and he’s just got to learn from this and move on. This allows us as a team to get behind Nick [Folk]. There’s pressure even in that. It will allow us, as a team, to support Nick and move forward.”

Koetter made it clear that Folk is the guy, but that another kicker will be added.

“[W]e want to have another leg in camp,” Koetter said. "Anything can happen. A guy could pull a hamstring, twist an ankle. As long as we have room, we would like to have another guy that can kick the football. As of right now, Nick is going to be our kicker.”

Koetter acknowledged that he and Licht had been discussing the possible release of Aguayo "for a long time,” and that they decided now was the time to move on.

"The thing that has haunted Roberto in his time here is just inconsistency,” Koetter said. "The team’s I’ve been on – you just don’t have to have that at that position. There’s enough other guys. Once again, it’s unfortunate. This doesn’t make Roberto a bad guy. He’s a terrific guy and we wish him the best. But at this point, we’re moving forward with Nick [Folk] and are happy about it.”

Koetter is right. When it comes to kickers, the supply grossly outweighs the demand. Also, there’s no issue with getting a guy acclimated to schemes or strategies because he has, literally, one job. One role. And if one guy can’t do it, someone else can.

If it’s not Folk, the Buccaneers will find someone else. And they’ll keep looking, indefinitely, until they get the kind of consistency that they thought they’d be getting for the next 15 years or more by using a second-round pick on Aguayo.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just came across this:

 

Definitely gonna try to tune in this Tuesday then just to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

Definitely gonna try to tune in this Tuesday then just to check it out.

You should try to find previous seasons and watch them too. I refuse to watch the Dallas seasons, but the other seasons have been pretty interesting. I downloaded most of the seasons last year and watched all of them during pre-season to pass time until game 1.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this show, always have, but the parts I like most (the football/position battles and narration) have been marginalized. Now it's more about the player's family lives, which is also cool, but not why I watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 11:49 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You should try to find previous seasons and watch them too. I refuse to watch the Dallas seasons, but the other seasons have been pretty interesting. I downloaded most of the seasons last year and watched all of them during pre-season to pass time until game 1.

Sounds like something I should do between next years draft and the first preseason game. I've only watched parts on YouTube, the one I can remember is Ochocinco getting cut. Seems interesting forsure, I just suck at keeping up with TV shows haha. I still have a ton of 30 for 30s on my DVR that I haven't watched including the Iverson one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0