Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

The NFL draft is right in front of us, and as the Eagles dot the I’s and cross the T’s in their draft preparation, the question looms: What is the team going to do with the 14th overall selection on Thursday night? ...

View the full article

IMO Peppers will go higher than anticiapted

Jacksonville is reportedly interested in him along with Howard and a safety. I forget the safeties name.

Exactly what I would have done. To be prudent you have to have have a list of 14 players you would be willing to take at pick 14. I just don't see a CB in the equation worthy of the 14th pick. I would be perfectly happy to have Wilson and Jones on the outside and Lewis as the nickle. None of them will go that high in the draft.

Exactly what I would have done. To be prudent you have to have have a list of 14 players you would be willing to take at pick 14. I just don't see a CB in the equation worthy of the 14th pick. I would be perfectly happy to have Wilson and Jones on the outside and Lewis as the nickle. None of them will go that high in the draft.

but most will be gone by 43 so whatever

12 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

but most will be gone by 43 so whatever

back to a BS secondary lol

Thing is,we seem to like White at CB(although I like others more) he is slated to go early round 2(CBS rankings he's at 34) so is it possible we give up our round 1 pick altogether? or at least move down to 32(still getting White there) and a boatload of picks? Yikes lol

Speaking of "Crossing T's" no one thinks that a Tackle will be taken before the Eagles pick... What does history say about that?... 2000 OT (3, then 20)... 2001 OT (14 thn 18).... 2002 OT (4,7,10)... 2003 OT (8 Then 20)... 2004 OT (2 then 16)... 2005 OT (13 then 19)... 2006 OT (4 then 39 when the Eagles got Winston Justice)... 2007 OT (3,5)... 2008 OT (1,12)... 2009 OT (2,6,8)... 2010 OT (4,6,11)... 2011 OT (9 then 17)... 2012 OT (4 then 23)... 2013 OT (1,2,4,11)... 2014 OT (2,6,11)... 2015 OT (5,9,13)... 2016 OT (6,8,13).... I JUST DONT SEE DENVER WAITING TO SEE WHAT FALLS!!!  Not when SanFran, Chicago, Jacksonville, SanDiego, Cinn and Buffalo all need help on the offensive line.

32 would involve a trade with the Saints,and if there is a WR there at 14,they may sell out to move up for him since Cooks is now gone.Just a thought

Speaking of "Crossing T's" no one thinks that a Tackle will be taken before the Eagles pick... What does history say about that?... 2000 OT (3, then 20)... 2001 OT (14 thn 18).... 2002 OT (4,7,10)... 2003 OT (8 Then 20)... 2004 OT (2 then 16)... 2005 OT (13 then 19)... 2006 OT (4 then 39 when the Eagles got Winston Justice)... 2007 OT (3,5)... 2008 OT (1,12)... 2009 OT (2,6,8)... 2010 OT (4,6,11)... 2011 OT (9 then 17)... 2012 OT (4 then 23)... 2013 OT (1,2,4,11)... 2014 OT (2,6,11)... 2015 OT (5,9,13)... 2016 OT (6,8,13).... I JUST DONT SEE DENVER WAITING TO SEE WHAT FALLS!!!  Not when SanFran, Chicago, Jacksonville, SanDiego, Cinn and Buffalo all need help on the offensive line.

O line weak this draft,let them reach lol

It doesn't matter it is about supply and demand.... ask yourself WHY do we have SOOO many O-lineman right now?... does howie and Joe see the opportunity to rake in a harvest of extra picks?... 5 teams have O-line as their TOP need 6 others have o-line as their 2nd or third point of need... with so few top 75 o-line talent, they will be in high demand... there is NO WAY that the Eagles dont trade out of 14 if an OT has not been selected before their pick... the offer will be VERY generous to move down

Ramzcyk, Robinson and Bolles are the only Tackles in the top 75 talent. so you tell me

Didn't mention any of them,don't put words in my mouth lol

It doesn't matter it is about supply and demand.... ask yourself WHY do we have SOOO many O-lineman right now?... does howie and Joe see the opportunity to rake in a harvest of extra picks?... 5 teams have O-line as their TOP need 6 others have o-line as their 2nd or third point of need... with so few top 75 o-line talent, they will be in high demand... there is NO WAY that the Eagles dont trade out of 14 if an OT has not been selected before their pick... the offer will be VERY generous to move down

LOL sorry dude,don't see OT as ANYONE at pick 14.hey could be wrong but really..... we have more pressing needs than that

43 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Jacksonville is reportedly interested in him along with Howard and a safety. I forget the safeties name.

Hooker?

Adams GB

maybe we have SO many linemen so we don;t have to draft one?? lol

BTW the Colts #1 need is OT and they select at 15... if the Eagles convince them that they want "Their Guy", maybe they give something up. or even just select him and then see what they want to offer... regardless of whether it is Ramz or Robinson, we would be happy with him and still find other trade partners for him later in the first if we wanted... in any case we would be in the cat bird seat... ask this, what would Denver give for Peters and Ramzcyk, a 1st 2nd and 2-3rds?

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't mention any of them,don't put words in my mouth lol

That wasnt meant in that way, it was a follow on post without reference to anyones comment

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  50 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hooker?

Adams GB

Hmm that would be a big stretch for them lol Could see them moving up for Malik