Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  51 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

IMO Peppers will go higher than anticiapted

Jacksonville is reportedly interested in him along with Howard and a safety. I forget the safeties name.

Hooker?

Adams GB

Hmm that would be a big stretch for them lol Could see them moving up for Malik

NM was thinking of a different team lol-my bad(senior moment)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

maybe we have SO many linemen so we don;t have to draft one?? lol

Im just saying that since the 2000 draft, the lowest that ANY 1st OT came off the board was 13

36 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Exactly what I would have done. To be prudent you have to have have a list of 14 players you would be willing to take at pick 14. I just don't see a CB in the equation worthy of the 14th pick. I would be perfectly happy to have Wilson and Jones on the outside and Lewis as the nickle. None of them will go that high in the draft.

but most will be gone by 43 so whatever

Just looked up the latest rankings on a couple of CB's I like for us from NFL.com. These guys all have a positional grade A and their strong suits are man to man coverage plus the scouts think one of them could play safety as well if asked.
Conley - rated top 25 pick in the draft
Quincy Wilson could also play safety, rated top 40 pick in the draft
Sidney Jones - due to injury round two thru round 3
Jourdan Lewis - due to domestic violence incidence with girlfriend, round 2 thru round 3

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  47 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Exactly what I would have done. To be prudent you have to have have a list of 14 players you would be willing to take at pick 14. I just don't see a CB in the equation worthy of the 14th pick. I would be perfectly happy to have Wilson and Jones on the outside and Lewis as the nickle. None of them will go that high in the draft.

Just looked up the latest rankings on a couple of CB's I like for us from NFL.com. These guys all have a positional grade A and their strong suits are man to man coverage plus the scouts think one of them could play safety as well if asked.
Jourdan Lewis - due to domestic violence incidence with girlfriend, round 2 thru round 3

NP with those first 3

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Im just saying that since the 2000 draft, the lowest that ANY 1st OT came off the board was 13

And with this weak class whats the rush to get one? lol

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't mention any of them,don't put words in my mouth lol

That wasnt meant in that way, it was a follow on post without reference to anyones comment

Oh gotcha lol

think our Oline will be fine(LANE STAY OUTTA TROUBLE MAN!!!) Could use a nice DT,DE definite need and of course CB(multiple) and would add a RB late also.I liike my mock.I will have to work on one with a move down scenario,but not sure we would have a trade partner in the 22-25 range

maybe the Saints sell out and trade with us at 32.As I said we could still get White there I believe,but that would be a massive deal and a huge draft pick loss for NO lol

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  47 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

If you replaced Lewis with Moreau,I would be happy with any pair of them

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ramczyk has been rumored to the Panthers in the first round along with two other positional players. I see some now have Robinson dropping to the second round. I have felt all along that Ramczyk would go before Robinson.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

WE wont be in a rush... BUT there are many other teams that NEED that to protect the QB.

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I dont think he is saying we should take one. I think he is suggesting some who really needs an o linmen might trade up. 

Also suggesting we stock piled olineman so we wouldn't  need one this draft

13 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ramczyk has been rumored to the Panthers in the first round along with two other positional players. I see some now have Robinson dropping to the second round. I have felt all along that Ramczyk would go before Robinson.

First OT I had picked out too lol.Well at least we thing alike

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  14 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

First OT I had picked out too lol.Well at least we thing alike

think

I think they are actually comfortable with the experience without Peters... Barbre, Johnson, Seumalo, Vaitai, and Tobin... the young guys got better as the season progressed

13 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wisconsin has produced some killer O-line guys. If the need were a little greater, I don't think I would view Ramczyk as a reach at 14. Eagles will not have Peters next season.

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

WE wont be in a rush... BUT there are many other teams that NEED that to protect the QB.

I like a tackle in the later rounds but I don't believe the Eagles are interested in the guy since I have not seen anything about interviews or such on the Eagles web page. They did meet with him at the NFL combine though. His name is Dan Skipper and he played for Arkansas. He went up against both Myles Garrett and Derek Barnett with some success. He probably won't be taken before the 4th round He is one of those potential guys at 6ft 10 inches tall and very athletic plus he played special teams for them and blocked a number of field goals. His problem is that even though he weighs 309 pounds he still needs to put on another 20 pounds of muscle. I think he could be a good right tackle when they move Johnson over to left tackle. At least he could compete with Big V for the job. We do have a lot of O-linemen on the team but I think most of them have strong suits at the guard position. Not many who play tackle.

24 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  34 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Wisconsin has produced some killer O-line guys. If the need were a little greater, I don't think I would view Ramczyk as a reach at 14. Eagles will not have Peters next season.

Well if the Panthers don't take him it appears the Giants are the next team on the list. LOL I like Ramczyk because he plays mean like Jon Runyan. He is the type of guy that says to his opponent, this is MY space and you aren't allowed in it. LMAO I must be honest though. I don't like him as much as I liked Conklin last year. I was 100 percent sure he was a keeper. I am about 80 percent sure Ramczyk is. I believe the 20th pick in the draft is just about right for Ramczyk.

3 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

Get a starter simple right lol

How come I posted 4 mins before you but shows you got here first? lol

He lives to play a game no one plays anymore thats why lol Wont see him again until next article?

1 minute ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

They will? Inside source?

So, You are saying that obvious is not obvious?... You are the GM, and you watched Luck get his a** handed to him every week... what would your priority be? Whether through trade or draft, they will not let that happen to him again, they have too much invested in him