Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

13 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I am not the average fan. I love defense more than offense. A player like Barnett,or Foster would get me excited and high fiving. On the offensive side a guy like O.J.Howard would also get me high fiving and really excited even more than taking Fournette however I think the average Eagles fan would go crazy if the Eagles somehow figured out a way to get Fournette.

Someone made a point the other day which I think is very relevant, and that is the old adage about defense wins SBs is just not true any more since the rules favor the offense so heavily now

Also going after Fournette and losing RMat will free up cap space.SOOOOO..............Just trying to think like Howie lol

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Ham, bet could be: I say CB or Foster. You say WR or Fournette. Anyone else neither of us win. Large pizza with the works....?

Whoa hold up. I was discussing my board ....not that we wouldn't reach for a corner with the actual pick. And it would probably be the opposite. If we got Williams or Fournette I'd probably be about ready to get a pizza for everyone.

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Latest Mock draft

Round 1 - CB Stein
Round 2- WR Don Corleone
Round 3 - RB Cunninghamtheman
Round 4 - CB mjkline1958
Round 4 - DE joemas
Round 5 - LB GENETIC-FREAK
Round 6- TE Greenbleedin FL
Round 7- OT Bleedinggreen 93
UDFA - KR - trini
Howie and Joe have pulled out all the stops on this draft. The fans are high fiving in the streets. Haven't seen this much enthusiasm and excitement from the fans in years. Oh "how" does Howie do it year after year? The fans are buying their Super Bowl Jersey's as we speak.

I'm feeling a little left out lol

You can replace Stein. Don't know who he is anyway!

10 minutes ago, stine said:

Ham, bet could be: I say CB or Foster. You say WR or Fournette. Anyone else neither of us win. Large pizza with the works....?

Whoa hold up. I was discussing my board ....not that we wouldn't reach for a corner with the actual pick. And it would probably be the opposite. If we got Williams or Fournette I'd probably be about ready to get a pizza for everyone.

When do we eat?

BTW- Looks like Denver is the game we are all going to this year if anyone is interested. It will not be definite for a few weeks, but thinking I will be buying about a dozen tickets for that game...

11 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Latest Mock draft

Round 1 - CB Stein
Round 2- WR Don Corleone
Round 3 - RB Cunninghamtheman
Round 4 - CB mjkline1958
Round 4 - DE joemas
Round 5 - LB GENETIC-FREAK
Round 6- TE Greenbleedin FL
Round 7- OT Bleedinggreen 93
UDFA - KR - trini
Howie and Joe have pulled out all the stops on this draft. The fans are high fiving in the streets. Haven't seen this much enthusiasm and excitement from the fans in years. Oh "how" does Howie do it year after year? The fans are buying their Super Bowl Jersey's as we speak.

I'm feeling a little left out lol

You can replace Stein. Don't know who he is anyway!

LMAO

Sorry about the spelling of your name stine, When I saw that you were still on the board at pick 14 I last my mind.

1 hour ago, stine said:

No way Fournette is the Pick. I actually would probably puke if the Eagles traded up to grab him. I see a decent RB in him, but no where near Elliott's ability. Certainly not to trade away valuable picks to draft! You do not install a complex Offense only to draft a player that does not fit in it. Why on earth would any team do that?

No picks traded away, Just High priced Pro bowl O-linemen with High cap hits, as we sit on 30 million o-linemen on the roster at the moment

Anyway,I still believe we go after Fournette.This will "complete" the offense,free up cap for someone else we could use(losing RMat), the trade up could involve a player and/or picks and /or future draft picks,which may not hurt that much since we would pretty much have our team assemble and from there can Tweak the D especially at CB and DE as we would still have picks remaining and would have a little loot to grab someone if we didn't get them in the draft.So just to me,this would make a ton of sense

10 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Someone made a point the other day which I think is very relevant, and that is the old adage about defense wins SBs is just not true any more since the rules favor the offense so heavily now

The Patriots were the number one defense last season. I think the rule changes have a huge affect. A loaded offense can carry you further than ever now. It gets you in contention in the playoffs. Winning the SB however...might be a different beast. Denver had a dominating D. Seattle.....

I must have went 1st overall not to be drafted wrang

Wouldn't shock me lol.I'm sad I went in the 6th,but hey at my age that aint too bad

14 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

The Patriots were the number one defense last season. I think the rule changes have a huge affect. A loaded offense can carry you further than ever now. It gets you in contention in the playoffs. Winning the SB however...might be a different beast. Denver had a dominating D. Seattle.....

And the Colts D always sucked,but they won SB's by outscoring you

19 minutes ago, stine said:

Sorry about the spelling of your name stine, When I saw that you were still on the board at pick 14 I last my mind.

No worries my friend. I always wanted to be Jewish anyway!!

DEF top 10 DWD!! We must not have wanted to trade up for ya!

Yeah, Howie wouldn't trade up. Joe wouldn't let him. I actually feel bad for you having to play on the Browns team. LMAO

Just now, stine said:

DEF top 10 DWD!! We must not have wanted to trade up for ya!

Steal HAHAHA

Just now, 1wrangler said:

Yeah, Howie wouldn't trade up. Joe wouldn't let him. I actually feel bad for you having to play on the Browns team. LMAO

OH man thats LOW HAHAHAHAHA OMG

Golden Seal may have been what people of my generation used to beat urinalysis... these days it not very challenging to beat a drug screen for ganja. So many products out there... Home made remedies are more effective because there is no specific agent that can be identified in that urine sample. Even mouth swabs and hair can be beaten. It always seems ridiculous that these millionaires get caught,  #1 way is not to use drugs.

I am more impressed by Fournette, the fact that Zeke is a Cowpie has me disliking him period... but I respect his game. Fournette, pro day was to dispell the notion that he was not a good receiver. Fournette ran a 04:51 forty at 240 lbs, he dropped 12 pounds for his pro-day... I bet he shaved time off his Combine forty... his pro-day focus was to dispel the notion he was only  a 2dn back..  though he was used more scheme wise to bulldoze everything in his path...Fournette pro-day was to demonstrate how well he  can catch the  ball... I think he dispelled that notion... I think 14 is to early for Cook.  In that case If? Fournette is gone...DL / Barnett...Foster, many are of the opinion that Riddick is better suited for a 3-4 rather than Schwartz wide nine.

DWD you are pretty brilliant at this,would take me much longer,but see(in your estimation) where we would have to go for Fournette and what a trade might look like.Could even involve JMatt,picks,future picks.I expect your response on my desk by sundown

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I might pull an Eli and threaten to sit out

1 hour ago, stine said:

Again, I disagree. Elliott is head and shoulders above Fournette. No comparison. Period

How do you not LOVE this guys tallent.... Runs past DBs, Trucks over LBs, Uses free arm to shed D-linemen and push them to the ground, Shifts gears in the blink of an eye and accelerates to blinding speed so fast that everyone is behind him

BTW- anyone else hear what the draft day tickets are selling for? I heard someone was asking $2,000 for a ticket! Wow, I wish I tried to get one now. I could have made a pretty penny on them.....