Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

Recommended Posts

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

DWD... THINK CAP... we have no room, something has to give or we wont be able to sign anyone... There will be cap casualties through trade, I am predicting O-line

I wasn't saying to do it I would be against it I just did the math 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

DWD... THINK CAP... we have no room, something has to give or we wont be able to sign anyone... There will be cap casualties through trade, I am predicting O-line

Getting Fournette and Losing RMat frees up cap.Once again it just makes sense from the biz angle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

Nope we wont draft a RB at 14,we will move up to ensure we get him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Getting Fournette and Losing RMat frees up cap.Once again it just makes sense from the biz angle

I like Joe mixon as best fit for the Eagles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golden Seal may have been what people of my generation used to beat urinalysis... these days it not very challenging to beat a drug screen for ganja. So many products out there... Home made remedies are more effective because there is no specific agent that can be identified in that urine sample. Even mouth swabs and hair can be beaten. It always seems ridiculous that these millionaires get caught,  #1 way is not to use drugs.

I am more impressed by Fournette, the fact that Zeke is a Cowpie has me disliking him period... but I respect his game. Fournette, pro day was to dispell the notion that he was not a good receiver. Fournette ran a 04:51 forty at 240 lbs, he dropped 12 pounds for his pro-day... I bet he shaved time off his Combine forty... his pro-day focus was to dispel the notion he was only  a 2dn back..  though he was used more scheme wise to bulldoze everything in his path...Fournette pro-day was to demonstrate how well he  can catch the  ball... I think he dispelled that notion... I think 14 is to early for Cook.  In that case If? Fournette is gone...DL / Barnett...Foster, many are of the opinion that Riddick is better suited for a 3-4 rather than Schwartz wide nine.

I guess you haven't watched the Eagles play much in the past decade. There's a glaring need for a cover corner or two that's existed pretty much since Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown left town. We will draft 2 of them in the first 4 rounds, possibly in the first 3 rounds...and maybe even in the first 2 rounds. We will not draft a RB until round 4 at the very highest, and it's unlikely we take one there either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

I think it more likely to get the WR in the 1st then RB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  7 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

Make a decent run and you would expect Alshon to be more than happy to re-sign to a potential SB squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also going after Fournette and losing RMat will free up cap space.SOOOOO..............Just trying to think like Howie lol

Thinking like Howie means no RB on rounds 1, 2, or 3 at the very least. Try harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I like Joe mixon as best fit for the Eagles 

I like Joe Mixon in a move back scenario to get more 2nd and 3rd round picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Also going after Fournette and losing RMat will free up cap space.SOOOOO..............Just trying to think like Howie lol

Thinking like Howie means no RB on rounds 1, 2, or 3 at the very least. Try harder.

Oh so we didn't move up for Zeke last year??? I think you are forgetting that buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I think Fournette becoming a Panther makes too much sense. Dealing with him and Cam will be a nightmare. You lose this week and next week after they bruise you up.

They could get away from the read option which is going to shorten his career

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

They could get away from the read option which is going to shorten his career

Also Carolina would love to have additional picks to bolster that ailing Oline for Cam and they could still get a RB later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  16 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

Make a decent run and you would expect Alshon to be more than happy to re-sign to a potential SB squad

Make Alshon happy(re-sign), we have 2 years of options on Torrey and we are set at RB and WR for some time with Fournette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Also Carolina would love to have additional picks to bolster that ailing Oline for Cam and they could still get a RB later

HMMMM they have 3-3rd rnd picks... maybe they are the third team in the Philly trade up... OLine is what we have to offer, and that is thier biggest need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  17 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  21 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

Make a decent run and you would expect Alshon to be more than happy to re-sign to a potential SB squad

Make Alshon happy(re-sign), we have 2 years of options on Torrey and we are set at RB and WR for some time with Fournette

And doing this also frees up about 5 mil in cap space(losing RMatt) so what's not to like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  24 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

Despite what Dave has to say here the only thing that makes sense, not only on round one for the Eagles, but for at least three of their first four picks (if not all four), is defense. I'd say there's about a 75% chance we go CB at #14, a 20% chance we go edge rusher, and a 5% chance(at most) we draft Foster.
There's NO chance we draft Fournette, or any other RB, at #14, and very little chance we do on any round prior to round five. Even there, the odds are less than 50-50 we take a RB.

As I said earlier,last year we moved up to be in position to take Zeke.lost him because the Wentz trade presented itself.So WHY would Lurie's philosphy change now? Get that RB and finish this offense

Make a decent run and you would expect Alshon to be more than happy to re-sign to a potential SB squad

Make Alshon happy(re-sign), we have 2 years of options on Torrey and we are set at RB and WR for some time with Fournette

And Howie makes his "splash" win/win/win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

DWD you are pretty brilliant at this,would take me much longer,but see(in your estimation) where we would have to go for Fournette and what a trade might look like.Could even involve JMatt,picks,future picks.I expect your response on my desk by sundown

To get Fournette I think you have to move to at least 8 so it would take our 2nd and we get there 6th

I know that I'm an old geezer but I value talent a little differently than some of you guys. I personally believe that Fournette is a 14 pick in the draft. Sure some teams will reach for him higher but in my opinion he is a 14 pick. Last year I thought that Elliot was a top ten pick. I always base my opinion at the very end on how these guys do against their toughest competition. Elliot played some of his best games against his toughest competition. In fact he had three straight playoff 200 yard rushing games on his way to a National Championship. In other words, Elliot is a gamer. Now, Fournette has just as many great stats as Elliot did, maybe more in fact but he has 1 receiving TD in three years and if you look at his stats this year against his two toughest opponents (Alabama SEC West winner) 17 attempts for 35 rushing yards and (Florida SEC East winner) 12 attempts and 40 rushing yards you can tell that he didn't rise to the occasion in either of those games. A lot of his stats were against lesser talented teams. I still think he is a great running back and I certainly wouldn't turn him down but I see him as a tier below Elliot at the present time. Like I said, pick 14 is just about right for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I know that I'm an old geezer but I value talent a little differently than some of you guys. I personally believe that Fournette is a 14 pick in the draft. Sure some teams will reach for him higher but in my opinion he is a 14 pick. Last year I thought that Elliot was a top ten pick. I always base my opinion at the very end on how these guys do against their toughest competition. Elliot played some of his best games against his toughest competition. In fact he had three straight playoff 200 yard rushing games on his way to a National Championship. In other words, Elliot is a gamer. Now, Fournette has just as many great stats as Elliot did, maybe more in fact but he has 1 receiving TD in three years and if you look at his stats this year against his two toughest opponents (Alabama SEC West winner) 17 attempts for 35 rushing yards and (Florida SEC East winner) 12 attempts and 40 rushing yards you can tell that he didn't rise to the occasion in either of those games. A lot of his stats were against lesser talented teams. I still think he is a great running back and I certainly wouldn't turn him down but I see him as a tier below Elliot at the present time. Like I said, pick 14 is just about right for him.

You are correct, but that has EVERYTHING to do with the offensive scheme that LSU runs, not Founettes ability... If LSU would have used him in a passing game out of the backfield, the good defenses would not have been as successful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mateagle2 said:

You are correct, but that has EVERYTHING to do with the offensive scheme that LSU runs, not Founettes ability

So true. More a comparison between LSU and OSU than one specific back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  49 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:
  56 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

DWD you are pretty brilliant at this,would take me much longer,but see(in your estimation) where we would have to go for Fournette and what a trade might look like.Could even involve JMatt,picks,future picks.I expect your response on my desk by sundown

To get Fournette I think you have to move to at least 8 so it would take our 2nd and we get there 6th

I know that I'm an old geezer but I value talent a little differently than some of you guys. I personally believe that Fournette is a 14 pick in the draft. Sure some teams will reach for him higher but in my opinion he is a 14 pick. Last year I thought that Elliot was a top ten pick. I always base my opinion at the very end on how these guys do against their toughest competition. Elliot played some of his best games against his toughest competition. In fact he had three straight playoff 200 yard rushing games on his way to a National Championship. In other words, Elliot is a gamer. Now, Fournette has just as many great stats as Elliot did, maybe more in fact but he has 1 receiving TD in three years and if you look at his stats this year against his two toughest opponents (Alabama SEC West winner) 17 attempts for 35 rushing yards and (Florida SEC East winner) 12 attempts and 40 rushing yards you can tell that he didn't rise to the occasion in either of those games. A lot of his stats were against lesser talented teams. I still think he is a great running back and I certainly wouldn't turn him down but I see him as a tier below Elliot at the present time. Like I said, pick 14 is just about right for him.

Well like I said a RB like Zeke is a once a decade thing,but you can't whine for a decade waiting,you have to take the best RB you can find and I believe for all the points I laid you,and as much as I wanted a CB in 1/2 I just don;t think thats the way we are going if you look at the press releases.We moved up for Zeke last year.the Wentz trade presented itself so we lost him,but IMO the philosophy hasn't changed and I believe we go get Fournette this year having our franchise QB and 2 nice WR's already in place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I know that I'm an old geezer but I value talent a little differently than some of you guys. I personally believe that Fournette is a 14 pick in the draft. Sure some teams will reach for him higher but in my opinion he is a 14 pick. Last year I thought that Elliot was a top ten pick. I always base my opinion at the very end on how these guys do against their toughest competition. Elliot played some of his best games against his toughest competition. In fact he had three straight playoff 200 yard rushing games on his way to a National Championship. In other words, Elliot is a gamer. Now, Fournette has just as many great stats as Elliot did, maybe more in fact but he has 1 receiving TD in three years and if you look at his stats this year against his two toughest opponents (Alabama SEC West winner) 17 attempts for 35 rushing yards and (Florida SEC East winner) 12 attempts and 40 rushing yards you can tell that he didn't rise to the occasion in either of those games. A lot of his stats were against lesser talented teams. I still think he is a great running back and I certainly wouldn't turn him down but I see him as a tier below Elliot at the present time. Like I said, pick 14 is just about right for him.

Tough because you are putting everything on the RB. Did all these top picks on defense factor in to Ohio St being able to run the ball more? Did all these top picks on Bama's D have to do with shutting down a one dimensional LSU offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites