Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

Us-Fournette at 11,Bucs-Cook at 12.Carolina gets JMatt and the 14 pick,Cleveland gets even more picks.jags get their QB are still in good shape

I dreamed about the draft last night in a loop... The pick kept changing, but the scene was the same, over and over... With the ? pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select, RB, Leonard Fournette, from Louisiana State University... and the reaction from the crowd drew the most amazing commentary from the announcers, as they were blown away by the support from the pick... It was an amazing dream!!

Just now, mateagle2 said:

I dreamed about the draft last night in a loop... The pick kept changing, but the scene was the same, over and over... With the ? pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select, RB, Leonard Fournette, from Louisiana State University... and the reaction from the crowd drew the most amazing commentary from the announcers, as they were blown away by the support from the pick... It was an amazing dream!!

I kept hearing John Barchard... How do you like that, Blleeeedddinnng Greeeen Nattion!!!!

I give up. See you all after the draft. All of this talk trading up 7 spots for Peters and JMatt has me shaking my head. It is time to wait for the draft and see what HR does. I am in belief he trades back if there is any movement at all. If not, he grabs the person on the top of his board. I have no clue who that will be and we can all talk until we are blue in the face but most likely we are all wrong. The only two people I do not want is Ross and Fournette. IF they draft either one I am cancelling my plans on going to a game this year.
I feel that strongly about this. Both will not be whom we think they will. I see another M Smith draft pick on those two.... Good bye all and enjoy the trade talks.....

Was interesting reading how our grading system sorta works.....Joe doesn't use round grades but rather how they view the player ie starter/potential starter, developmental player etc.....

Fans never want to give up anything good in a trade. They just want the great deal every time. And hey I love a good deal. But you have to step outside the box more. What could you get for trading Jenkins? Or LJohnson? Could we replace a S in this draft? Seems like a very good group of S. Do we have other RT options? Everyone not Wentz is tradeable to me. How about trading Alshon and Kelce to move up and draft WR Williams? Too many options for us to be stuck on one trade idea. Rosie gets it. And I like his approach on these matters.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I walk that back just a bit: it isn't just the fans. Seattle wanted a very good player and a number one pick for Sherman. Not going to happen. Not even remotely.

Everyone wants to overvalue there own guys and win the trade.....Not anything new....Howie also does a great job of working trades probably gets better value then most would think for guys 

if you pass on WR Davis and he goes to the Skins....kind of scary to think of. Especially if we took a corner at 14.

I don't want to see Foster or Cook in a Redskins uniform or O.J.Howard in a Giants uniform.

Fans never want to give up anything good in a trade. They just want the great deal every time. And hey I love a good deal. But you have to step outside the box more. What could you get for trading Jenkins? Or LJohnson? Could we replace a S in this draft? Seems like a very good group of S. Do we have other RT options? Everyone not Wentz is tradeable to me. How about trading Alshon and Kelce to move up and draft WR Williams? Too many options for us to be stuck on one trade idea. Rosie gets it. And I like his approach on these matters.

trade Alshon? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

According to Galko, the Eagles have five players they’re targeting in the first round: Charles Harris, Derek Barnett, Gareon Conley, Christian McCaffrey, and John Ross.

draft analyst Josh Norris believes the Eagles are deciding between two players Conley and Harris at 14.....

I have not watched a ton on Harris know he is consider a darkhorse.......Know he was late to football and he has a killer spin move but that is about it 

180 posts since I left this am. Leaving last pm w/ yet another ridiculous "trade JP" post, hoping todays' posts were more constuctive - or are we still in ridiculous mode. Think that's something from Spaceballs.

In this week’s Monday Morning Quarterback column for TheMMQB.com, Peter King quotes Mike Mayock of NFL Network as saying that there is "more medical concern with high draft picks than I’ve ever seen in a draft before.”

One of those picks is Western Michigan wide receiver Corey Davis. Davis is at the top of the list of wide receivers available for selection this year, but ankle surgery at the start of the offseason kept him from working out for teams over the course of the pre-draft process.

Davis said at the Scouting Combine in early March that he was confident he would be "good by minicamp” and he offered another update recently. Davis told Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com that he expects to be 100 percent in a "few weeks,” which would allow him to get some work in with his new team ahead of training camp this summer.

We’ll find out how much the injury impacted Davis’ draft standing later this week. He visited with the Ravens, Browns, Eagles and Titans, all of whom are thought to be good bets to add a receiver before the draft is out.

Not even thinnin about going back thru 180 posts. Went thru a few and GB's head hurts. Remember Monty Python, my head hurts? Then there's this

But(you knew that was coming lol)...the flaw in that system is not accounting for potential. They wouldn't take a Ziggy Ansah because he hadn't played much football and was less 'polished' than many rushers in that draft. By their definition you would take Luke Joeckel over Lane Johnson. Luke was clearly much more a starter and Lane being much more potential starter to begin their careers.

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

Not even thinnin about going back thru 180 posts. Went thru a few and GB's head hurts. Remember Monty Python, my head hurts? Then there's this

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

BG that was a great read. Thank you.

I thought it was an interesting read even more so if the Eagles truly are following a system like this