Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

So everyone thought Jones was the best, then he had an injury and now 3rd rd. In taking him in 2nd I;m poo poo'ed. I'm  wanting to take him in the 1st actually, taking him in the 2nd, actually getting him n the 2nd - would be such a great move, and yous are so closed minded not to see how great that wouls be, is why the Eagles wouldn't get ahead. Think and you'll see it's a bold move, but statistically the best. 

I hope we take a CB with the first pick but if we go RB, it better be the best RB in the draft - Mixon, and not Cook or McCaffrey. Yeah I know about the incident but she forgave him and he's not gonna fall to the middle of the 2nd. We just let a pretty good undersized scatback go without a tender, would make no sense to use a first round pick on another.

Mixons' touchy. Can I hit him first? Cna I takr him out and have a woman piss him off? Seriously, I would test him that way. He's now a target, actually he has been for a while and will continue to be

Need some old time music help. There's an old story about Neil Young. After Kent State he supposedly took a walk in the woods, came out 45 mins later w/ 3 hits - Ohio, Cinnamon girl and what's the 3rd?

I would say Southern Man-it was about his morals(soul) fighting with his thoughts(Brain)

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ham, shutting down the run just prevents you from losing the easy way .... not getting to Rodgers is a problem. Get ot the QB and the DBs don't have to cover as long. Not arguing that we need DBs, its just not all we need. If the best player is a DB, take him, take him 2 or 3 times, I don't care... just don't force it and pass up on a fix for a decade at another position.

We need two things: (1) better pass defense, meaning better corners and a more consistent pass rush; and (2) better play from Wentz, especially late in close games.
Not drafting CBs on the first and/or second round since 2002 has been our biggest weakness for the last decade. We're not going to pick a CB who isn't a first round talent. Just worry about us not fixing the pass defense and don't get sucked into this other stuff.

Wentz was ROOK,certainly as he grows he will get better.what we need is a grinder back who can destroy a 4th 1/4 clock and someone whom Wentz can trust going forward

21 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

If John Runyan could be be reincarnated he would scare the crap out of everyone! Loved that guy.

Michael Strahan owned him.

Not really .... if you look at it, they both dominated the other at times. Just that "sacks" get the attention. The fact Runyan would put him on his Arse on running plays meant nothing with the genius coach who wouldn't take advantage ... same with the Julius Peppers matchup in the 2003 title game. Why bother continuing to go with something that works ... just read the giant chart and pick a better play, just make sure to sneak it in before the play clock expires.

On April 24, 2017 at 5:42 PM, johnreaves said:
  On April 24, 2017 at 4:17 PM, mjkline1958 said:

If John Runyan could be be reincarnated he would scare the crap out of everyone! Loved that guy.

Michael Strahan owned him.

Not really .... if you look at it, they both dominated the other at times. Just that "sacks" get the attention. The fact Runyan would put him on his Arse on running plays meant nothing with the genius coach who wouldn't take advantage ... same with the Julius Peppers matchup in the 2003 title game. Why bother continuing to go with something that works ... just read the giant chart and pick a better play, just make sure to sneak it in before the play clock expires.

Well said Joe! ☺

On 4/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, johnreaves said:
  On 4/24/2017 at 5:09 PM, joemas6 said:

Ham, shutting down the run just prevents you from losing the easy way .... not getting to Rodgers is a problem. Get ot the QB and the DBs don't have to cover as long. Not arguing that we need DBs, its just not all we need. If the best player is a DB, take him, take him 2 or 3 times, I don't care... just don't force it and pass up on a fix for a decade at another position.

We need two things: (1) better pass defense, meaning better corners and a more consistent pass rush; and (2) better play from Wentz, especially late in close games.
Not drafting CBs on the first and/or second round since 2002 has been our biggest weakness for the last decade. We're not going to pick a CB who isn't a first round talent. Just worry about us not fixing the pass defense and don't get sucked into this other stuff.

Wentz was ROOK,certainly as he grows he will get better.what we need is a grinder back who can destroy a 4th 1/4 clock and someone whom Wentz can trust going forward

We were 3rd in the league last year in 3rd down rushing percentage. That means when it's short yardage and they knew we were likely running the ball they couldn't stop us anyway. I agree that Wentz should be much better but the rookie thing is can be an excuse. Why didn't he get better as the year progressed instead of better, with experience? Regardless, he's really the main reason the offense couldn't get it done at the end of all of those close games, even the one close one we won. It's was Eli and our defense that secured that win in crunch time. You're making my point though. If Wentz is improved (especially when it matters most in games), as we both believe he will be, the offense is fine. It's the defense that needs the infusion of talent, especially at CB and in the pass rush.

I hope we take a CB with the first pick but if we go RB, it better be the best RB in the draft - Mixon, and not Cook or McCaffrey. Yeah I know about the incident but she forgave him and he's not gonna fall to the middle of the 2nd. We just let a pretty good undersized scatback go without a tender, would make no sense to use a first round pick on another.

A RB makes us marginally better, if at all. If Wentz is good enough this offense right now should be very difficult to stop. Our problem remains stopping the opposition, especially their throwing the ball downfield.

@ chamtheman... No one to date has been able to stop those guys... So let's go get a down hill RB to control the clock...or you get an Attacking DLine to pressure the QB into mistakes. Ahhhla... Barnett or Foster... I attribute all our losses to the Deadskins, because DJax speed beat us every time.  Most here didn't appreciate DJax when he was here... until he kicked our butts regularly as a Deadskin. We beat the Giants and Cowpies consistently because we beat up on Romo and Eli.. We definitely need CB's... but if I could find a special RB like Fournette, or one of those aforementioned  elite prospects / game-changer with that 14th pick...  John Ross could have a significant impact on our Special Teams and as we all know...he is much more than just a Speed guy. How we do it matters, I want an Attacking D not a Defense waiting for the QB to pick us apart... same as my Offence, Attack, try to stop me...if u can.

We led the league in time of possession last year. No one controlled the clock any better than us, and that was with the O line in flux for most of the year (two not-ready rookies were forced into starting games due to LJ's suspension and missed games by two other starters) and no downfield passing threat. Another RB does nothing for the offense, and certainly not anything to improve our pass defense...which is the only thing (along with the QB's play, but that should be much better next year) that is a problem.

I was upset when we moved back with the Jernigan trade. Going to be some really good players on the board right there. Looked like a sweet spot. Obviously we are setup with picks around the fourth round as the sweet spot. Maybe the depth lasts a little longer than I even thought.

Are you serious? It bothered you to move back 20 something spots in the third round to acquire a sure thing in a beast at DT? Do you want to win games or fantasy draft?