Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

2 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:
  2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  2 hours ago, mateagle2 said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

maybe we have SO many linemen so we don;t have to draft one?? lol

Im just saying that since the 2000 draft, the lowest that ANY 1st OT came off the board was 13

Ramczyk has been rumored to the Panthers in the first round along with two other positional players. I see some now have Robinson dropping to the second round. I have felt all along that Ramczyk would go before Robinson.

Wisconsin has produced some killer O-line guys. If the need were a little greater, I don't think I would view Ramczyk as a reach at 14. Eagles will not have Peters next season.

Lane moves to LT and someone else takes the RT spot.Dont see a glaring need

Nobody on roster is a starting RT caliber player. I don't see it as a huge need either, but I think he is a player worthy of that pick and potentially could trade down with someone though.

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well let them,but they are not gonna take a 3rd round guy in the first just because they need one

Of course not but there are a few guys projected as first rounders. If someone wants 1 before the colts we might get an offer 

slim/none Rams listed at 18 on CBs and I think thats a bit high,s why would anyeone trade up to 14 to reach back to 20? Just trade with the 19-20 team and you lose less

Jourdan Lewis

Lewis was a Jim Thorpe Award finalist and the Big Ten Conference Defensive Back of the Year (25 tackles, 3.5 for loss, two interceptions, nine pass breakups). He was a 13-game starter as a junior, making 52 tackles, 3.5 for loss, two interceptions, and 20 breakups, which ranked third in the FBS. Lewis averaged 25.2 yards on kick returns in 2015, as well. He earned a starting corner job three games into his sophomore year (39 tackles, 1.5 TFL, two INT, six PBU), and contributed as a true freshman in 2012 (17 tackles, two PBU).

Ultra-competitive with an overwhelming drive to succeed. Allowed just seven catches in 2016 for completion percentage against of 23.3. An annoyance from press coverage. Squats on top of his target waiting to punch and impede. Twitchy feet can stick and close to ball instantly when he reads pass. Able to flip hips and accelerate quickly. Has lateral quickness and agility to flourish from the slot. Has adequate recovery speed to make up for an early mistake. Finds ball with back to quarterback as well as anyone in college. Maintains tight coverage downfield and waits for receiver's eyes to cue him in on when to turn and find it. In three years as a starter, credited with 42 passes defensed, including six interceptions. Allowed just two touchdowns during same time frame. Has special teams experience as a gunner and in return game.

Draft projection - Lewis is a first round talent that will probably be drafted in round 3 or 4 due to his size. He is 5ft 10in and 187 pounds.
Sources tell us they love everything about the way he plays. He's cocky and tough and doesn't take any (expletive) from anyone. And sub-package teams will love him because he won't kill you against the run. NFL Comparison - Adam Jones

The bottom line on Lewis is that he is a technician with the foot quickness and overall athleticism to handle himself from the slot. Shouldn't be much of a detriment against the run for teams who want to attack on the ground from 11 personnel. Excels from press and plays with confidence and edge. He has the ability to become a very good slot corner for a man-cover team.

Admit that is a pretty nice review.187 a bit too light for me(ala injury concerns) cause these won;t be college "kids" he plays against now lol

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, mateagle2 said:
  3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Im just saying that since the 2000 draft, the lowest that ANY 1st OT came off the board was 13

Ramczyk has been rumored to the Panthers in the first round along with two other positional players. I see some now have Robinson dropping to the second round. I have felt all along that Ramczyk would go before Robinson.

Wisconsin has produced some killer O-line guys. If the need were a little greater, I don't think I would view Ramczyk as a reach at 14. Eagles will not have Peters next season.

Nobody on roster is a starting RT caliber player. I don't see it as a huge need either, but I think he is a player worthy of that pick and potentially could trade down with someone though.

Well lets give big V a chance here,since now he's had a year and will have yet another year before we need him at RT.Not against brining in some UDFA guys to compete,I,however feel this class is weak enough that I bypass using any picks on a T

10 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:
  34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well lets give big V a chance here,since now he's had a year and will have yet another year before we need him at RT.Not against brining in some UDFA guys to compete,I,however feel this class is weak enough that I bypass using any picks on a T

Plus if we feel he can't cut the mustard,go out and get a FA next offseason.Still dont see a glaring need

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

Colts also spent big money on DT Hankins from NYG, and DE Sheard from NE

Yip i took them into consideration also mentioned Sheard below. Still have weaknesses. But OT or RB would be good picks.

Freak,if Jags/Tenn lets Howard go,then my thought is the Colts go get him,but that would be a fairly big move up.I'm thinking they would have to trade with the Chargers at 7

16 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:
  41 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't like Vaitai, didn't like him when Eagles selected him. However wanting him to play well and prove me wrong. There is no glaring need and I would not like taking OT in first round. There is a sleeper or two there though, I like Jon Heck in the 6th or 7th round.

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  33 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:
  57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  3 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:
  3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Don't like Vaitai, didn't like him when Eagles selected him. However wanting him to play well and prove me wrong. There is no glaring need and I would not like taking OT in first round. There is a sleeper or two there though, I like Jon Heck in the 6th or 7th round.

6.7 fine.if he is the BPA down there then go for it

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  33 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:
  3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I have tarik Cohen(Sproles possible replacement ) in 6 and Robert Davis-WR in 7

Other than Conley,that mock is AWFUL lol

I cannot in any universe see us MOVING UP TO GET CONLEY... No way no how... That is the part that got me... we move up for Lattimore, or Fournette, or Allen, Or Adams... noone else

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I cannot in any universe see us MOVING UP TO GET CONLEY... No way no how... That is the part that got me... we move up for Lattimore, or Fournette, or Allen, Or Adams... noone else

Why would we have to move up for Conley????.Latt overrated and really his teamate is a better fit for US.We're not moving up for Fournette or the other because the price is too high

Thats why that mock STINKS.NO WAY are we gonna give up those picks to move 3 spots-thats suicide and Conley may be there at 14 anyway

Ugokwe,Croston,Storm Norton are OT UDFA's we could bring in.All projects with potential

Heck may be UDFA as well. Cohen sounds good in 6 a lot lighter than sproles but has moves, seems durable for a little guy.

The mock drafts all go different directions after only a few picks in. The way I look at is , even if a guy is projected #1, you should have him rated because you never know what other teams are doing.. I have seen mock drafts where they get Mike Williams(that would be nice)

as far as trading down... if you have 5 guys all rated very close, and you can move down without a big drop and pick up an extra pick, then it makes sense.
If a few of those desperate teams jump up for a QB, the Eagles could have a very good pick.
Between RB, WR, and CB I can come up with roughly 10 what I would call top tier players, Top D line talent in there too so they should have an impact player right off the bat in a position of need. I do think the talent level drops off a bit after mid first round, but the Eagles are in position to grab one of the top tier guys. Still some good talent in the second round, I think that will be a round of steals , the round one talent that falls to 2. Injury or off field issues can land you some very good players.

They say 3 starters make a good draft, I could see that here.

My personal favorite is still Humphrey, but the way his stock is starting to look we could trade back and still get him. RB Cook, WR Davis, DE Barnett, LB Foster, CB Conley all seem like real possibilities at 14.

1 hour ago, SackDakSunday said:
  4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  4 hours ago, mateagle2 said:
  4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Dallas Thomas is another player who i want to see compete at RT

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ugokwe,Croston,Storm Norton are OT UDFA's we could bring in.All projects with potential

Heck may be UDFA as well. Cohen sounds good in 6 a lot lighter than sproles but has moves, seems durable for a little guy.

yeah we can put a little meat on his bones lol

2 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  2 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Colts also spent big money on DT Hankins from NYG, and DE Sheard from NE

Yip i took them into consideration also mentioned Sheard below. Still have weaknesses. But OT or RB would be good picks.

Freak,if Jags/Tenn lets Howard go,then my thought is the Colts go get him,but that would be a fairly big move up.I'm thinking they would have to trade with the Chargers at 7

Njoku is a TE who would be sitting there for them i would imagine or Howard might fall to them.

The mock drafts all go different directions after only a few picks in. The way I look at is , even if a guy is projected #1, you should have him rated because you never know what other teams are doing.. I have seen mock drafts where they get Mike Williams(that would be nice)

as far as trading down... if you have 5 guys all rated very close, and you can move down without a big drop and pick up an extra pick, then it makes sense.
If a few of those desperate teams jump up for a QB, the Eagles could have a very good pick.
Between RB, WR, and CB I can come up with roughly 10 what I would call top tier players, Top D line talent in there too so they should have an impact player right off the bat in a position of need. I do think the talent level drops off a bit after mid first round, but the Eagles are in position to grab one of the top tier guys. Still some good talent in the second round, I think that will be a round of steals , the round one talent that falls to 2. Injury or off field issues can land you some very good players.

They say 3 starters make a good draft, I could see that here.

yeah I go CB 1,2 then grab Walker and hope all 3 can start 2nd 4th I take Xavier Woods(small school but this kid can hit,and likes to.Adding him in would give the rook CB's some help(along with a pass rush From Walker) and then most of that secondary can "grow up together"

My personal favorite is still Humphrey, but the way his stock is starting to look we could trade back and still get him. RB Cook, WR Davis, DE Barnett, LB Foster, CB Conley all seem like real possibilities at 14.

4-5 guys I like better than him lol

23 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:

His stock is sliding but he reminds me of Marcus Peters who also has a little trouble with the deep ball, went at 18th overall and was a pro bowler although he didn't play due to a foot injury.

we still got a good slippery speedy back in Sproles, i'd like to see us pick up a solid, bulldozer "Earl Campbell" RB to Compliment Darren.

1 hour ago, SackDakSunday said:

His stock is sliding but he reminds me of Marcus Peters who also has a little trouble with the deep ball, went at 18th overall and was a pro bowler although he didn't play due to a foot injury.

Hunphrey getting compared to Dee Milner now?

Wouldn't that be crazy if we took a tight end in the first lol. It would suck that we didn't fill a need but if that is truly the best player available i guess i cant be mad with the choice. Need to bring in the best players no matter what imo