Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

38 minutes ago, SackDakSunday said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, SackDakSunday said:

My personal favorite is still Humphrey, but the way his stock is starting to look we could trade back and still get him. RB Cook, WR Davis, DE Barnett, LB Foster, CB Conley all seem like real possibilities at 14.

4-5 guys I like better than him lol

His stock is sliding but he reminds me of Marcus Peters who also has a little trouble with the deep ball, went at 18th overall and was a pro bowler although he didn't play due to a foot injury.

Hunphrey getting compared to Dee Milner now?

I would say he is a lot like him. Dee was no doubt a bust at 9th overall, Call it a gut feeling. You could compare Mo Claibourne to Tredavious White. 6th overall never lived up to his hype.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

slim/none Rams listed at 18 on CBs and I think thats a bit high,s why would anyeone trade up to 14 to reach back to 20? Just trade with the 19-20 team and you lose less

While not definite its at least a reasonable chance. I'll bet even in this draft  1 oline goes top 15

It seems like some team(s), think Cleveland, will do something foolish in the draft. Although CB seems a likely choice, both a need and one of the top ones should be there at #14, there might be a blunder that allows one of the super studs to be there for the Eagles. Then what?
I've heard that Foster should be one of the top 3 in the draft, but he is not projected until #10 or later in many mock drafts. Or how about J. Allen? If Fournette slid down to #14, I'd either trade down or take him with a plan to trade him to somebody else (maybe for the other teams top corner and extra draft picks?). This could get interesting. I think there are about 10 super studs and potentially 2 or more QBs will go early. Something surprising could happen.

Since it's getting to be the last time I'll have a chance to say this: trade up for Fournette is my call. The price will feel cheap once he gets in the league.

BOOOOO!!!

It seems like some team(s), think Cleveland, will do something foolish in the draft. Although CB seems a likely choice, both a need and one of the top ones should be there at #14, there might be a blunder that allows one of the super studs to be there for the Eagles. Then what?
I've heard that Foster should be one of the top 3 in the draft, but he is not projected until #10 or later in many mock drafts. Or how about J. Allen? If Fournette slid down to #14, I'd either trade down or take him with a plan to trade him to somebody else (maybe for the other teams top corner and extra draft picks?). This could get interesting. I think there are about 10 super studs and potentially 2 or more QBs will go early. Something surprising could happen.

Cleveland needs a QB and they should also take the consensus #1 overall pick.hey have plenty of picks in this draft(as usual)

4 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  4 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Colts also spent big money on DT Hankins from NYG, and DE Sheard from NE

Yip i took them into consideration also mentioned Sheard below. Still have weaknesses. But OT or RB would be good picks.

Freak,if Jags/Tenn lets Howard go,then my thought is the Colts go get him,but that would be a fairly big move up.I'm thinking they would have to trade with the Chargers at 7

Njoku is a TE who would be sitting there for them i would imagine or Howard might fall to them.

True

we still got a good slippery speedy back in Sproles, i'd like to see us pick up a solid, bulldozer "Earl Campbell" RB to Compliment Darren.

Why I have Conner in round 5 and Cohen(Sproles replacement) in round 6,Gotta remember Conner was a lock 2/3 before his cancer thing-seems like great value to me

Wouldn't that be crazy if we took a tight end in the first lol. It would suck that we didn't fill a need but if that is truly the best player available i guess i cant be mad with the choice. Need to bring in the best players no matter what imo

At TE who do you bench then????

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

slim/none Rams listed at 18 on CBs and I think thats a bit high,s why would anyeone trade up to 14 to reach back to 20? Just trade with the 19-20 team and you lose less

While not definite its at least a reasonable chance. I'll bet even in this draft  1 oline goes top 15

thats a reach IMO

It feels like if two QBs go before us then we should get our premium player. Zero QBs and we are looking to trade back.

We may trade back regardless.I know we seem to like White,so we could trade back and still get him and other picks.Depends who is there at 14

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Since it's getting to be the last time I'll have a chance to say this: trade up for Fournette is my call. The price will feel cheap once he gets in the league.

BOOOOO!!!

Cannot afford to lose picks in this deep draft,so I say no way.He's no Zeke lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

thats a reach IMO

Maybe but they happen every year. I might end up being wrong but i see 

1 OT and 2 QB going before we pick at 14. Should be some really good names on the board when we are up

Why would we have to move up for Conley????.Latt overrated and really his teamate is a better fit for US.We're not moving up for Fournette or the other because the price is too high

Correct on every point you just made.. That is what made me so mad about his 7 round Mock, he really thinks the Birds FO is stupid enough to trade up for conley... I personally dont see a trade up... his logic is that we need a CB soooo bad that we will get stupid... no way that happens

1 hour ago, darksnake1 said:

Wouldn't that be crazy if we took a tight end in the first lol. It would suck that we didn't fill a need but if that is truly the best player available i guess i cant be mad with the choice. Need to bring in the best players no matter what imo

I like the Idea of Howard, Ertz, Celek, and Burton... Line Ertz, Burton and Howard on one side with Celek at FB on the goal line

6 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

Wisconsin has produced some killer O-line guys. If the need were a little greater, I don't think I would view Ramczyk as a reach at 14. Eagles will not have Peters next season.

I agree. Only two OT in this draft. Hard for me to believe Ramcyzck  or Robinson makes it out of the top 20. Who are you getting on day two at the position? Huge dropoff.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I wish I could stick about a dozen likes on that one

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cleveland needs a QB and they should also take the consensus #1 overall pick.hey have plenty of picks in this draft(as usual)

To be perfectly honest with you, Cleveland has always found a way to pick the wrong guy... they should pick Mitch with #1 and Watson with #12... that way they will finally get it right

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At TE who do you bench then????

Im pretty sure New England just won a Super Bowl running 4 TEs

16 minutes ago, In2football said:

Maybe but they happen every year. I might end up being wrong but i see 

1 OT and 2 QB going before we pick at 14. Should be some really good names on the board when we are up

I see that same scenario myself

5 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Here is a question... is our CB situation "significantly" worse than last year or just "moderately" worse... Im leaning to moderately worse, because its not like we had strong CB play to begin with

McKelvin was the worst starter in the league. Carrol was alright. He never made any plays but sucked the least. You would think Mills will be a notch better with experience year two. Anyway ,the group was horrible last year so I don't think significant is all that possible.