Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

thats a reach IMO

Maybe but they happen every year. I might end up being wrong but i see 

1 OT and 2 QB going before we pick at 14. Should be some really good names on the board when we are up

Early run on DE's as well

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why would we have to move up for Conley????.Latt overrated and really his teamate is a better fit for US.We're not moving up for Fournette or the other because the price is too high

Correct on every point you just made.. That is what made me so mad about his 7 round Mock, he really thinks the Birds FO is stupid enough to trade up for conley... I personally dont see a trade up... his logic is that we need a CB soooo bad that we will get stupid... no way that happens

Agreed

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cleveland needs a QB and they should also take the consensus #1 overall pick.hey have plenty of picks in this draft(as usual)

To be perfectly honest with you, Cleveland has always found a way to pick the wrong guy... they should pick Mitch with #1 and Watson with #12... that way they will finally get it right

Myles Garrett at 1 and Trubisky at 12,if they can't get THOSE picks right,they will nuke themselves once again(it's an annual event)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Myles Garrett at 1 and Trubisky at 12,if they can't get THOSE picks right,they will nuke themselves once again(it's an annual event)

Garret is the best, no doubt... but that does not cure the Cleveland Curse... How Cleveland would it be for them to choose Garret and then be forced to settle for Watson, and he is a bust.

5 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Here is a question... is our CB situation "significantly" worse than last year or just "moderately" worse... Im leaning to moderately worse, because its not like we had strong CB play to begin with

McKelvin was the worst starter in the league. Carrol was alright. He never made any plays but sucked the least. You would think Mills will be a notch better with experience year two. Anyway ,the group was horrible last year so I don't think significant is all that possible.

Last year felt on the CB front,that we had clawed our way back to AWFUL,which was a step up from AWFULLY TERRIBLE.So now being in teh poition of AWFUL,we can now move up the next few ladders.With that in mind,I would like us to move up to BAD in training camp.Work through that few weeks and emerge out of that as NOT NEARLY as BAD.Parlay that in/during the pre season games working our way up from unacceptable pre1,to lame but making strides the 2nd one.By the 3rd pre,I would like us to be moved up from Lame to making progress,to maybe not as lame as before.Then by pre4,we should seriuosly come out of that as SUB PAR.That means we would have 1 more seek of being sub par,before,we can say we ARE PAR.After 4 realgames we shouod hit the section where we are :adequate.By years end we should be at SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMOKKKKIIIIIN

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Early run on DE's as well

OK that is six players, so add in two Safeties and 1 TE and we have 10 for sure gone,,, so then that leaves 11-12-13,,, and still Taco Charleton, David Djoku, Marshon Lattimore, Hassan Reddick, Leonard Fournette, Ruben Foster, and Mike Williams... Then at 11-12-13, Saints take Lattimore, Browns take Watson, and Cards take Foster or Reddick... which leaves the unbeievable scenario... Do we take Fournette?

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

trade back to 22-25,grab and extra 2nd and 4th

I'd rather stick at #14. Getting an extra pick-or 2?-is all well & fine,but if those players are sub par compared to the guy that you get staying put (maybe move up in later rounds) then they are null & void. My thinking is that I want as many starters/game changers that we can get. Now,if they have inside knowledge that they'll still get a player that they covet even by trading back to 22-25,then go for it!

11 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

You might want to look at how much money they spent on the defense in FA... 3mil 1yr on CB Darius Butler... TONS on 4  D-lineman

I see what you're trying to say,but spending lots of $$$ doesn't automatically translate into success. There are SO MANY variables that it's impossible to correctly decipher even if it's your full time job.

11 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Well heres the thing with the Colts they have the most overatted QB in the NFL

LOL,Luck is WAY overrated! :sleep:

11 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Here is a question... is our CB situation "significantly" worse than last year or just "moderately" worse... Im leaning to moderately worse, because its not like we had strong CB play to begin with

As the Eagles stand right now,even B4 the Draft,I think they are slightly better at CB with a healthy Robinson being better than a gimpy McKelvin,Carroll gone (who played like he was blind or his entire neck was fused),and giving better athletes that they currently have at CB more reps. Mills has a great attitude to play CB,although I think he fits better in the slot,depending on the match-ups. C.J. Smith and Aaron Grymes have shown some promise.

11 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Maybe I'm an optimist but I think it is better than last year and we didn't even draft yet, The key for Robinson is staying healthy. If he does he plays well. Mills should be a little better than last year and Brooks was playing well in the slot before he got injured. Plus we have two more guys C. J. Smith and Aaron Grimes that will be in their second year of the system and should finally get an honest chance to compete for playing time. I can see either one of them being the first guy off the bench at outside (Grymes) or the slot position (Smith). I don't believe that Gratz will be any thing more than a sub at the most.

Wohhh!  :groovy: I just said basically the same thing B4 I rolled over your quote here. ☺

10 hours ago, SackDakSunday said:

Nobody on roster is a starting RT caliber player. I don't see it as a huge need either, but I think he is a player worthy of that pick and potentially could trade down with someone though.

LOL,not at 14 OR 43!!!  You don't think that Big V showed a huge leap on only 6 starts? Seumalo showed that he could play it on his 1st start without any prior notice and did an admirable job considering the circus dances.

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

LOL,not at 14 OR 43!!!  You don't think that Big V showed a huge leap on only 6 starts? Seumalo showed that he could play it on his 1st start without any prior notice and did an admirable job considering the circus dances.

Circus Dances…I made a funny son,don't you get it?  58fc7c3297c45_FoghornLeghorn.jpg.d768808bc22dead97d325f75437f6928.jpg

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Admit that is a pretty nice review.187 a bit too light for me(ala injury concerns) cause these won;t be college "kids" he plays against now lol

Concerns? YES! But there have always been players that are an exception to the rule.  I watched 'Football Follies-Players of all Shapes and Sizes' (1988,D Butkus was host)  on NFL Net last night! Excellent NFL clip show. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Layzer said:

we still got a good slippery speedy back in Sproles, i'd like to see us pick up a solid, bulldozer "Earl Campbell" RB to Compliment Darren.

Terrell Watson could very well turn out to be that guy in his 2nd season.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster/Terrell-Watson/010a8521-aa01-491b-9967-a3c17101e62a

I'm not saying they couldn't add another guy for competition,just saying.

8 hours ago, EaglesFanNoDak said:

It seems like some team(s), think Cleveland, will do something foolish in the draft. Although CB seems a likely choice, both a need and one of the top ones should be there at #14, there might be a blunder that allows one of the super studs to be there for the Eagles. Then what?
I've heard that Foster should be one of the top 3 in the draft, but he is not projected until #10 or later in many mock drafts. Or how about J. Allen? If Fournette slid down to #14, I'd either trade down or take him with a plan to trade him to somebody else (maybe for the other teams top corner and extra draft picks?). This could get interesting. I think there are about 10 super studs and potentially 2 or more QBs will go early. Something surprising could happen.

LOL,I think that you have overdosed on pre Draft hype! That includes me & every other fanatic. ☺

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Garret is the best, no doubt... but that does not cure the Cleveland Curse... How Cleveland would it be for them to choose Garret and then be forced to settle for Watson, and he is a bust.

How do you know that?

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

trade back to 22-25,grab and extra 2nd and 4th

I'd rather stick at #14. Getting an extra pick-or 2?-is all well & fine,but if those players are sub par compared to the guy that you get staying put (maybe move up in later rounds) then they are null & void. My thinking is that I want as many starters/game changers that we can get. Now,if they have inside knowledge that they'll still get a player that they covet even by trading back to 22-25,then go for it!

I have Conley at 14,if we can move down and still get him,then go for it lol

8 hours ago, In2football said:

Maybe but they happen every year. I might end up being wrong but i see 

1 OT and 2 QB going before we pick at 14. Should be some really good names on the board when we are up

I see that same scenario myself

Not me

GB - you going for the EMB marathon record or something? I lurked yesterday, mostly a re-hashing of everything that's already been said and some ridiculousness like dropping back to 25 and still getting Conley? Don't remember who brought up that one, can't argue dumb stuff, esp when we haven't had sun in 3 days.

8 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

I would love this draft. I love the first 4 picks and the last 2 as well.

I could live with this also

GB - you going for the EMB marathon record or something? I lurked yesterday, mostly a re-hashing of everything that's already been said and some ridiculousness like dropping back to 25 and still getting Conley? Don't remember who brought up that one, can't argue dumb stuff, esp when we haven't had sun in 3 days.

Conley ranked at 25 by CBS lol