Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] What Is Eagles' Plan For First Round?

Since when? Last I've read some were rating him 2nd best CB. OK, they have him ranked 25th but 3rd CB, which is debatable.

Hehe. That picture makes Joe Douglas look like the Big Show from WWE

My biggest quandary is if Barnett is there at 14

I just want to see them pick someone who can contribute year 1.

My biggest quandary is if Barnett is there at 14

Hows the back? You had surgery didn't you?

Last 2 pre-op appt's Mon & Tues, op is May 3rd. Quit real cigs 3 days ago, using an e-cig at lower nicotine as I can't wear a patch, all in the hope of quitting entirely while in the hospital. Thanks for asking, at least I'll have a few days of draft aftermath.

Since when? Last I've read some were rating him 2nd best CB. OK, they have him ranked 25th but 3rd CB, which is debatable.

Not every team needs CB's as bad as we do lol/With all the DL standouts,QB needy teams.2 nice WR's and a pair of decent RB's why can't he fall to 25? lol

GB - you going for the EMB marathon record or something? I lurked yesterday, mostly a re-hashing of everything that's already been said and some ridiculousness like dropping back to 25 and still getting Conley? Don't remember who brought up that one, can't argue dumb stuff, esp when we haven't had sun in 3 days.

You're not the only 1 with medical issues,so nothing else to do

Read about Westbrook saying he wouldn't draft Caf or himself at 14, not the right type we need right now. Going to be interesting where we get RB's, as they're available every rd

Well off to see the newest granddaughter. I think if you've seen one baby you've seen them all.
The wife doesn't agree.

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'd rather stick at #14. Getting an extra pick-or 2?-is all well & fine,but if those players are sub par compared to the guy that you get staying put (maybe move up in later rounds) then they are null & void. My thinking is that I want as many starters/game changers that we can get. Now,if they have inside knowledge that they'll still get a player that they covet even by trading back to 22-25,then go for it!

Two moves back in the 1st has the potential to yield 2-3nd round picks... a move from 14 to 20 could net a R3P4, and a move from 20 t0 32 could net a R3P2, and in this draft we could get many more potential stars. With 1-1st, 1-2nd, 3-3rd, and 2-4th(which can be packaged to move up to get the all important 1st pick on day 3), that would be essentially 6 picks in the 1st three rounds.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - you going for the EMB marathon record or something? I lurked yesterday, mostly a re-hashing of everything that's already been said and some ridiculousness like dropping back to 25 and still getting Conley? Don't remember who brought up that one, can't argue dumb stuff, esp when we haven't had sun in 3 days.

Conley will not go high.... that is all hype, the dude runs away from tackles

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

The thing which is debatable is this notion that somehow Lashon Lattimore is NOT the #1 CB

On Joe Mixon: He started a bunch of crap being a homophobe. Then came in looking for a fight with a girl. He yells ****ot(derogatory homophobe slur) about her friend. So she responds and pushes him so he cold punches her. Just a bottom of the barrel human being here. It's disgusting to even think about endorsing and paying this sorry mutherfu573r. The thing is that because of his despicable behavior people have even talked themselves into that he is some great player. He isn't that great. I don't think he is worth a second round pick even if he wasn't an incredible scumbag. He looks to bounce EVERYTHING. I question his work ethic to be great. I question how translateable his skills are to the NFL. Doing it versus the no defense conference Big 12 doesn't move the needle much for me. Can anyone say they believe he will be busy studying tape at night instead of getting into trouble? I'm ashamed of you for even thinking about drafting this dope. If  we draft him I seriously would have to consider rescinding my loyalty to this team.(words I have never spoken before).

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

The thing which is debatable is this notion that somehow Lashon Lattimore is NOT the #1 CB

Who cares? He won't be there when we pick,so let another team reach

Well off to see the newest granddaughter. I think if you've seen one baby you've seen them all.
The wife doesn't agree.

No the new one is "the cutest ever" replacing the previous one you said was the cutest ever lol

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Conley will not go high.... that is all hype, the dude runs away from tackles

Show me that

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:

Two moves back in the 1st has the potential to yield 2-3nd round picks... a move from 14 to 20 could net a R3P4, and a move from 20 t0 32 could net a R3P2, and in this draft we could get many more potential stars. With 1-1st, 1-2nd, 3-3rd, and 2-4th(which can be packaged to move up to get the all important 1st pick on day 3), that would be essentially 6 picks in the 1st three rounds.

Do you favor this strategy always? Or just this draft?

5 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'd rather stick at #14. Getting an extra pick-or 2?-is all well & fine,but if those players are sub par compared to the guy that you get staying put (maybe move up in later rounds) then they are null & void. My thinking is that I want as many starters/game changers that we can get. Now,if they have inside knowledge that they'll still get a player that they covet even by trading back to 22-25,then go for it!

Why is the first pick on day 3 "all important??? Hype