Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

Please don't quit Freak and mateagle. I was laughing so hard I fell off my chair.

Eagles should get rid of Corey Undlin and hire Kerry Coombs... It has to be the coaching that has Malik Hooker, Marshon Lattimore and Gareon Conely all listed as top 10 talent

Please don't quit Freak and mateagle. I was laughing so hard I fell off my chair.

Hope you didn't break a hip.

So one last wishlist for the Eagles before the draft could be somewhat realistic as well.....

Trade down Round 1 with Texans(gain extra 2nd rounder)

1st- Charles Harris- More I have seen on him the more I truly believe the Eagles are high on him and honestly think he would fit great in Schwartz attacking scheme believe he makes an impact day 1. Trading back would fit the new grading system giving Eagles  a starting caliber player at 25 while also getting more ammo to add starting caliber talent later.

2nd- RB- honestly believe it is between 3 guys and how the draft plays out will decide who we take think our top guy is Dalvin Cook good chance he doesn't fall this far though....Other 2 options I believe are Kamara/Mixon think both have the skill set that fits perfectly in Doug O.

2nd(Texans) - Adoree Jackson CB- what a steal if this man fell this far think Schwartz would love Jackson he is a tad raw as a CB but he is a play maker and that is what we need on our D. Jackson is a tad small but don't think that bothers Schwartz at all and Jackson isn't afraid to mix it up and tackle even at his smaller size.

3rd- Akello Witherspoon CB- My late raiser might honestly be my favorite CB right now and the complete opposite in terms of size to Jackson.... Witherspoon gives us a big long CB who can play outside but still has a knack for making plays.

4th- Shelton Gibson WR- Eagles could still use another guy who can stretch the field and Gibson had a knack for it at WVU.... Doesn't have to come in right away and make an impact but can still give us a boost as the 4th or 5th WR.... Been compared to Djax but with better size at 5'11 191.

4th- Ryan Glasgow DT- Eagles continue to build our lines by adding more depth to the middle of our D 

5th- Shaquill Griffin/Branden Langley CB- So honestly these two guys are built very similar both have good size for CB and are good athletes but are raw and will need some seasoning good pieces of clay for our D staff to mold....Griffin would be my first choice but if he is gone Langley is a good consolation prize.....All in to rebuild out secondary with young talent.

6th- Jeremy Sprinkle TE- Think Sprinkle could be that 2nd TE to Ertz and eventual Celek replacement.... Believe Sprinkle would be much better in line then Ertz allow us to flex him out wide.... Believe he can give us what Celek did early in his career a true blocking threat TE that can hurt you in the passing game....Could provide a better option down in the RZ as well with more traffic  

7th-Lorenzo Jerome S- Eagles draft a  S who could be our much need 3rd guy at the position was a stud at the senior bowl we tend to like senior bowl players. Jerome might not be the biggest guy at the S position but he had a knack to be around the ball and force turnovers something this Eagles team needs 

So should not be a shock that I am heavily focusing on upgrading our secondary and D mostly overall.....Not a ton added to our O but got position I believe to be deep TE/RB and another speedster the WR group needed 

7 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Agholor would be a great slot receiver 

I do think he is more a slot receiver than where he was playing. But C'mon man GREAT and Agholor....seriously?

7 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Agholor would be a great slot receiver 

I do think he is more a slot receiver than where he was playing. But C'mon man GREAT and Agholor....seriously?

Still needs to catch the ball

I can't help but to empathize with Cleveland, however I scratch my head wondering how many signs you need to make a decision... Watson is a two time Heisman finalist, and reigning National Champion QB.... He shows glimpses of accuracy problems, BUT EVERY TIME his back is up against the wall he comes through and rises to the occasion... Then again what more that they need OMEN wise is that the guy comes from a school that wears ORANGE!!! AND the guy just said in an interview, where the question was asked... "If there is one thing you have to say to the team that passes you up, what would it be?"... His response.. "I guess you are gonna have to live with the consequences!"

30 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So one last wishlist for the Eagles before the draft could be somewhat realistic as well.....

1st- Charles Harris- More I have seen on him the more I truly believe the Eagles are high on him and honestly think he would fit great in Schwartz attacking scheme believe he makes an impact day 1. Trading back would fit the new grading system giving Eagles  a starting caliber player at 25 while also getting more ammo to add starting caliber talent later.

2nd- RB- honestly believe it is between 3 guys and how the draft plays out will decide who we take think our top guy is Dalvin Cook good chance he doesn't fall this far though....Other 2 options I believe are Kamara/Mixon think both have the skill set that fits perfectly in Doug O.

2nd(Texans) - Adoree Jackson CB- what a steal if this man fell this far think Schwartz would love Jackson he is a tad raw as a CB but he is a play maker and that is what we need on our D. Jackson is a tad small but don't think that bothers Schwartz at all and Jackson isn't afraid to mix it up and tackle even at his smaller size.

3rd- Akello Witherspoon CB- My late raiser might honestly be my favorite CB right now and the complete opposite in terms of size to Jackson.... Witherspoon gives us a big long CB who can play outside but still has a knack for making plays.

4th- Shelton Gibson WR- Eagles could still use another guy who can stretch the field and Gibson had a knack for it at WVU.... Doesn't have to come in right away and make an impact but can still give us a boost as the 4th or 5th WR.... Been compared to Djax but with better size at 5'11 191.

4th- Ryan Glasgow DT- Eagles continue to build our lines by adding more depth to the middle of our D 

5th- Shaquill Griffin/Branden Langley CB- So honestly these two guys are built very similar both have good size for CB and are good athletes but are raw and will need some seasoning good pieces of clay for our D staff to mold....Griffin would be my first choice but if he is gone Langley is a good consolation prize.....All in to rebuild out secondary with young talent.

6th- Jeremy Sprinkle TE- Think Sprinkle could be that 2nd TE to Ertz and eventual Celek replacement.... Believe Sprinkle would be much better in line then Ertz allow us to flex him out wide.... Believe he can give us what Celek did early in his career a true blocking threat TE that can hurt you in the passing game....Could provide a better option down in the RZ as well with more traffic  

7th-Lorenzo Jerome S- Eagles draft a  S who could be our much need 3rd guy at the position was a stud at the senior bowl we tend to like senior bowl players. Jerome might not be the biggest guy at the S position but he had a knack to be around the ball and force turnovers something this Eagles team needs 

So should not be a shock that I am heavily focusing on upgrading our secondary and D mostly overall.....Not a ton added to our O but got position I believe to be deep TE/RB and another speedster the WR group needed 

I like all of this, except maybe I would try to get that guy that many are comparing to sproles

Just now, mateagle2 said:

I like all of this, except maybe I would try to get that guy that many are comparing to sproles

Which player McCaffery?????? All 3 Rbs I think the Eagles are interested in are complete 3 down backs and still believe we are high on Smalls.... Or if you are talking Tarik Cohen(might have the wrong name) the human joystick could swap him out in the 7th or good chance he is an UDFA so make him a priority signing 

32 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

No way Jackson is still there that late otherwise not a bad draft

Just now, downwithdallas said:

No way Jackson is still there that late otherwise not a bad draft

Did say wish list and think Jackson is available in the 2nd round so could swap the RBs and Jackson if need be.... honestly would take Jackson before those RBs not sure the Eagles will view it the same way though 

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Did say wish list and think Jackson is available in the 2nd round so could swap the RBs and Jackson if need be.... honestly would take Jackson before those RBs not sure the Eagles will view it the same way though 

I like Mixon think he is the best complete back in the draft class. I would swap out Jackson and put Jones there. Not a big fan of Glasgow he is more a run stopping DT and doesn't fit the system I would add Jerron Jones there. My boy is flying up draft boards seen him in the 2nd today so think he is off the board.

2 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I like Mixon think he is the best complete back in the draft class. I would swap out Jackson and put Jones there. Not a big fan of Glasgow he is more a run stopping DT and doesn't fit the system I would add Jerron Jones there. My boy is flying up draft boards seen him in the 2nd today so think he is off the board.

I added Glasgow because of the run stopping ability honestly we have couple of leaner guys that can disrupt in the backfield in Jerrigan/Destiny/ other UDFA don't really have that guy who is good at stopping the run think he would have a nice niche in our D need role players as well as starters..... 

If there is better option in the 4th then Glasgow I am all for it but idea to me is to get that bigger DT in the mix specialize more in stopping the run even if he doesn't give you quite the pass rush 

24 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Which player McCaffery?????? All 3 Rbs I think the Eagles are interested in are complete 3 down backs and still believe we are high on Smalls.... Or if you are talking Tarik Cohen(might have the wrong name) the human joystick could swap him out in the 7th or good chance he is an UDFA so make him a priority signing 

No it was some little guy from a smaller school... Donnel Pumphrey I think

BG93 - I don't know buddy about Harris. The last two DE's by the name of Harris we took in the first rounds were terrible. Maybe the third Harris is a charm! At the moment I would probably be a little disappointed if we took him at 14.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

BG93 - I don't know buddy about Harris. The last two DE's by the name of Harris we took in the first rounds were terrible. Maybe the third Harris is a charm! At the moment I would probably be a little disappointed if we took him at 14.

Hahahahahahahahaha don't think I make my judgement based off his name lol was looking at his play and how he would fit in with Schwartz etc.... He has an amazing first step gets off really fast, he isn't a one trick pony in terms of pass rush has a couple of moves(of course still needs to add to them) and honestly the scariest thing to me with his speed and get off is the spin move back inside not sure many OT are going to be able to block it....Harris also has active hands which is important.....

Also didn't have us taking him at 14 but at 25 after a trade back 

Strange how 2 days on a weekend goes really fast, during the week really slow, and the 2 days before the draft go on forever.

Tidbits from Bill Polian. Bill thinks like DC in that we will be taking Corey Davis at 14. Bill compares Corey to WR John Taylor. Bill also said he believes that 40 defensive backs will be taken in this years draft. He stated that although this is a good draft for CB's he believes this is the best draft for TE's in 20 years. As far as Myles Garrett is concerned Bill pointed out that two thirds of his career sacks were against teams that were not in the SEC. Bill has a category called (if players). These are players that could be good "if" they can overcome their history of injuries or "if" they can stay out of trouble and etc. According to Bill there are 12 "if" players listed in the first round. The most he as ever seen in his career. The second round has much less "If" players in it. For what its worth.

If frogs had wings they wouldn't bump around on their arses.Sad though,it seems the draft is being "manipulated" by late "accusations".So this stuff was not there 2 months ago???? BS

6 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Then stop talking as fact. I get thoughts on players but when people say they will not or will be taken and say fact i think do you have inside source or have you taken this wanna be GM thing too far. You said that BLG mock would give you nightmares. Why? That player hasnt even stepped on the field yet.

Who died and made you the English and Grammar grader on this sight?   If you are reading any more of my posts without worrying that I stated it some way that you perceive as inappropriate, then you would see that I have answered exact that many times over. get past the semantics and talk about substance

Site not sight-OHHHHH my bad lol