Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ACCUSATION-guilty of ZIP yet

True but let us at least recognize the pattern of how men deal with this... This is where the victim blaming starts and there is an all out push to discredit the woman making the accusations, then one of a couple things can happen... she could be telling the truth and become intimidated... she may be lieing and back down... they may settle out of court regardless of guilt.... she may be so angry that she wants him in jail

Sorry man SICK of LIARS and I dont care what gender they are.SO this is just NOW coming to light??? WHO's paying her to mess with his future??

5 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

No one died but if you been around here or around long enough there are posters with credible sources. You were talking in facts. Got my attention coz there are only few i trust with their sources n the rest i know are just being fans. You even said fact. So made me read into more of your posts n thought are you legit?? Throw some questions at ya to try n see if youre the real deal or not n well? Thats cool only 2 more days.

Then let my Clairvoyant a** reiterate my fact again... FACT Conley will NOT be selected at 14

Fact is you DONT know that.Like Dullaz has never taken "bad boys" before?? I love now how people are GUILTY until proven innocent-complete reversal of what this country was based on.Thank the liberals for this(and other debacles).better to say "chances are....." ok I will buy that, facts are only "facts" until they are not lol

Jeff Kerr Eagles 24/7 6hours ago

Thanks to Reuben Foster and his diluted sample last week, the Philadelphia Eagles draft plans have severely changed.

According to Mark Eckel of NJ Advance Media, Foster is one of three targets for the Eagles with the No. 14 overall pick. Joining the Alabama linebacker are Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey and Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

If all three have been chosen by the time the Eagles pick at No. 14, the Eagles will pursue Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams or Washington wide receiver John Ross. Basically, Williams and Ross are backup plans, but still under strong consideration if either are on the board at No. 14.

Well then that cuts out Foster and Conley

So one last wishlist for the Eagles before the draft could be somewhat realistic as well.....

Trade down Round 1 with Texans(gain extra 2nd rounder)

1st- Charles Harris- More I have seen on him the more I truly believe the Eagles are high on him and honestly think he would fit great in Schwartz attacking scheme believe he makes an impact day 1. Trading back would fit the new grading system giving Eagles  a starting caliber player at 25 while also getting more ammo to add starting caliber talent later.

2nd- RB- honestly believe it is between 3 guys and how the draft plays out will decide who we take think our top guy is Dalvin Cook good chance he doesn't fall this far though....Other 2 options I believe are Kamara/Mixon think both have the skill set that fits perfectly in Doug O.

2nd(Texans) - Adoree Jackson CB- what a steal if this man fell this far think Schwartz would love Jackson he is a tad raw as a CB but he is a play maker and that is what we need on our D. Jackson is a tad small but don't think that bothers Schwartz at all and Jackson isn't afraid to mix it up and tackle even at his smaller size.

3rd- Akello Witherspoon CB- My late raiser might honestly be my favorite CB right now and the complete opposite in terms of size to Jackson.... Witherspoon gives us a big long CB who can play outside but still has a knack for making plays.

4th- Shelton Gibson WR- Eagles could still use another guy who can stretch the field and Gibson had a knack for it at WVU.... Doesn't have to come in right away and make an impact but can still give us a boost as the 4th or 5th WR.... Been compared to Djax but with better size at 5'11 191.

4th- Ryan Glasgow DT- Eagles continue to build our lines by adding more depth to the middle of our D 

5th- Shaquill Griffin/Branden Langley CB- So honestly these two guys are built very similar both have good size for CB and are good athletes but are raw and will need some seasoning good pieces of clay for our D staff to mold....Griffin would be my first choice but if he is gone Langley is a good consolation prize.....All in to rebuild out secondary with young talent.

6th- Jeremy Sprinkle TE- Think Sprinkle could be that 2nd TE to Ertz and eventual Celek replacement.... Believe Sprinkle would be much better in line then Ertz allow us to flex him out wide.... Believe he can give us what Celek did early in his career a true blocking threat TE that can hurt you in the passing game....Could provide a better option down in the RZ as well with more traffic  

7th-Lorenzo Jerome S- Eagles draft a  S who could be our much need 3rd guy at the position was a stud at the senior bowl we tend to like senior bowl players. Jerome might not be the biggest guy at the S position but he had a knack to be around the ball and force turnovers something this Eagles team needs 

So should not be a shock that I am heavily focusing on upgrading our secondary and D mostly overall.....Not a ton added to our O but got position I believe to be deep TE/RB and another speedster the WR group needed 

rule number ONE-ASSUME nothing

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Which player McCaffery?????? All 3 Rbs I think the Eagles are interested in are complete 3 down backs and still believe we are high on Smalls.... Or if you are talking Tarik Cohen(might have the wrong name) the human joystick could swap him out in the 7th or good chance he is an UDFA so make him a priority signing 

No it was some little guy from a smaller school... Donnel Pumphrey I think

Elijah McGuire

6 hours ago, mateagle2 said:
  6 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Then stop talking as fact. I get thoughts on players but when people say they will not or will be taken and say fact i think do you have inside source or have you taken this wanna be GM thing too far. You said that BLG mock would give you nightmares. Why? That player hasnt even stepped on the field yet.

Who died and made you the English and Grammar grader on this sight?   If you are reading any more of my posts without worrying that I stated it some way that you perceive as inappropriate, then you would see that I have answered exact that many times over. get past the semantics and talk about substance

Site not sight-OHHHHH my bad lol

FAIL HAHAHA(JK) I typo terribly,but hey gotta poke fun atcha

1)Fournette-RB 2) Quincy Wilson-CB 3) DeMarcus Walker-DE 4)Taywan taylor-WR 4)Damonte Kazee-CB 5)Kittle-TE(Celek replacement)-Iowa 6)Elijah McGuire-RB(Sproles replacement) 7)Malik Golden-S-Penn St.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

1)Fournette-RB 2) Quincy Wilson-CB 3) DeMarcus Walker-DE 4)Taywan taylor-WR 4)Damonte Kazee-CB 5)Kittle-TE(Celek replacement)-Iowa 6)Elijah McGuire-RB(Sproles replacement) 7)Malik Golden-S-Penn St.

Fournette won't fall and there is no way players are going to be enough to move up. We don't have any worth a 2nd rd pick unless you are thinking about trading Jenkins too?

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yes that's true.Most good ones are already on teams and FA's were released for some reason,but still we need those with talent to develop.I suppose we could get a FA,CB after releasing RMatt,but still would get 2-3 in this draft

If our CB's don't start making substantial/noticeable progress by mid-season,it's time to PUNT Coach Undlin! :chair:

6 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Fournette won't fall and there is no way players are going to be enough to move up. We don't have any worth a 2nd rd pick unless you are thinking about trading Jenkins too?

I'm not thinking about trading Jenky and I sure hope that the FO isn't considering it. Not after we just finally established a reputable Safety tandem again. They will be SO CRUCIAL to the CB's development! Yes,I know that you can't become infatuated with players,but some moves are smart and some are :censored:

Wow! I really hope for this kids future that the charges brought upon him are unfounded. Who the F&%# parties in a room where the ratio is 4-1? wtf! You have the rest of your retired life(5-10 yrs in the league) to party hard / sword fight / joust with your buddies in a hotel room. Why even be in that room with so much on the line?

15 hours ago, trini said:

Exactly my sentiments GBinFL, this happens every year... these one night stands are getting very expensive for prospective 1rd picks. Joe Mixon paid... now Conley. In this land of Innocent until proven Guilty...Conley just cost himself... Some of these women out there may actually target these prospects... they wanna get paid too...In light of the troubles other potential Top 10 prospects how could they not recognize the traps... I can't imagine these kids with their numerous advisors, would those close to realizing their dream take a woman against her will... According to the report the woman went back to Conley room 2am in the morning, another couple was already in the bathroom doing their thing and she decided to stay and watch the couple with Conley...Hahahaha. So when Conley tried to get busy with her, OF Course after watching the other couple get it in... Conley all worked up watching this act with her...she said NO. So Conley took it ... seriously... reminds me of Mike Tyson and his 2am booty call. No means No... but damn...These kids continue to fall for these poon tang traps. I didn't want Conley in the first anyhow.

Unfortunately,until a man (most) gets screwed or hurt bad enough,his lower head takes over the decision making.

Wow! I really hope for this kids future that the charges brought upon him are unfounded. Who the F&%# parties in a room where the ratio is 4-1? wtf! You have the rest of your retired life(5-10 yrs in the league) to party hard / sword fight / joust with your buddies in a hotel room. Why even be in that room with so much on the line?

How about for the woman too? I hope she wasn't really raped either.

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yes that's true.Most good ones are already on teams and FA's were released for some reason,but still we need those with talent to develop.I suppose we could get a FA,CB after releasing RMatt,but still would get 2-3 in this draft

If our CB's don't start making substantial/noticeable progress by mid-season,it's time to PUNT Coach Undlin! :chair:

FA CBs who are any good don't exist. We tried that for years, unless you want to sign Asomaugh again.

52 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't care how good a coach you are if Schwartz forces you to start McKelvin....you aren't going to look good. Same with Bradley Fletcher. Even our high pick Rowe. Undlin had him playing pretty good under the old system. Scheme change got the young guy(that and being a Chip guy). And he went to NE. But seeing how NE ponied up big bucks for a corner they don't think Rowe is a stud either. 

4 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

FA CBs who are any good don't exist. We tried that for years, unless you want to sign Asomaugh again.

Josh Norman signed with the Skins. Janoris Jenkins signed with the gmen. Sanders and Revis swapped teams near annually.

15 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Jeff Kerr Eagles 24/7 6hours ago

Thanks to Reuben Foster and his diluted sample last week, the Philadelphia Eagles draft plans have severely changed.

According to Mark Eckel of NJ Advance Media, Foster is one of three targets for the Eagles with the No. 14 overall pick. Joining the Alabama linebacker are Stanford running back Christian McCaffrey and Ohio State cornerback Gareon Conley.

If all three have been chosen by the time the Eagles pick at No. 14, the Eagles will pursue Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams or Washington wide receiver John Ross. Basically, Williams and Ross are backup plans, but still under strong consideration if either are on the board at No. 14.

Well then that cuts out Foster and Conley

Yeah, because of course Mark Eckel knows.....

5 minutes ago, johnreaves said:

No,I was talking bout our young CB's from last season and ones that get drafted this year. I want to see them looking for the ball when it's required.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don't care how good a coach you are if Schwartz forces you to start McKelvin....you aren't going to look good. Same with Bradley Fletcher. Even our high pick Rowe. Undlin had him playing pretty good under the old system. Scheme change got the young guy(that and being a Chip guy). And he went to NE. But seeing how NE ponied up big bucks for a corner they don't think Rowe is a stud either. 

No,I was talking bout our young CB's from last season and ones that get drafted this year. I want to see them looking for the ball when it's required.