Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

1) Slot's easily replaced, 2) I wouldn't spend a 1st rd pick on a WR who needs to learn how to run routes, 3) We moved Marshall to slot, 4) Caf would be better than Williams in the slot

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Any but Williams, personally think he's over rated.

What I'd really like to hear is at pick #2, the 49ers take QB Trubisky, that would really open things for us.

I believe if Williams is taken it is to replace JMatt in the slot. I watched a couple of his games this year. He played in the slot and the outside. I thought he was more effective in the slot myself but I am not the best at judging receiver talent.

Well thats why I waited on WR,Gibson would be fine there and as DWD has said Agholor could go there

Can we establish before the draft if the majority of the fans on this board would be happy with anyone of these guys in the first round. Howard, Foster, Barnett, Fournett, Cook, Davis, Williams? Joe Douglas says they have 14 guys on their board and they would be happy walking away with any one of them. Tough trying to figure out all 14 guys because we neglect to list the guys we feel will go ahead of pick 14. I don't even know if the 7 guys on my list are included in their's. You can't inticipated how many teams will trade up or down in the first round and for who. I personally would be happy with anyone of the seven I listed.

Personally I am for finishing this offense,so they have years to work together as a team.So although I wouldn't have a kiniption fit,I would like to see my future RB in here

16 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

What I'd really like to hear is at pick #2, the 49ers take QB Trubisky, that would really open things for us.

I believe if Williams is taken it is to replace JMatt in the slot. I watched a couple of his games this year. He played in the slot and the outside. I thought he was more effective in the slot myself but I am not the best at judging receiver talent.

AZ in a quandry,at 13 draft Palmers replacement or do you draft Fitz's replacement?

48 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So nobody would take the risk on Sidney Jones @ 43? I'm all alone

Nope, You are not alone. I changed my mind about that.

I think I should have given an explanation on why I changed my mind. If for some reason Jones doesn't make it the whole way back with his speed after his injury he would still be good enough to start at the slot corner back position for a long time. To me, the chance the Eagles would be taking drafting him at 43 is whether he would be one of their long term outside corners(which is what they would be counting on) or their fall back long term slot corner. I believe either way he will be a starter.

21 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  28 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

AZ in a quandry,at 13 draft Palmers replacement or do you draft Fitz's replacement?

What's the deal with Curt Cousins? How long can the Redskins keep signing him to one year contracts before he is a free agent. I read some articles about the Cardinals being interested in signing him to a long term contract when he is a free agent.

Just now, 1wrangler said:

What's the deal with Curt Cousins? How long can the Redskins keep signing him to one year contracts before he is a free agent. I read some articles about the Cardinals being interested in signing him to a long term contract when he is a free agent.

Skins FO is like the Titanic.Only difference I see is THEY had a BAND 

39 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

No that it will happen, same scenario but Caf and Cook I take Cook

Cook is a fumble machine. No way I draft him

Good morning Stine, Apparently Brian Westbrook and Duce Staley want him at 14. That is saying something to me when two previous great backs have endorsed him over McCaffery.

As far as JMatt is concerned. I am not going to debate whether he should stay or go during the draft. I will say though that the team I have seen him linked to in a trade the most during the draft is the Patriots. Bill likes him and wanted to draft him before the Eagles beat him to it. JMatt would replace 32 year old Danny Amendola. The compensation is suppose to be a 4th round draft pick or there abouts.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

As much as I have disdain for the guy,Kaep could work for the skinnies if they miss on one

I cant help but think that the skins will use a trade of cousins to move up to 13 and get one I can see Cousins in AZ