Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

32 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

You dont know that they will be there at 20 or 25 lol Put it this way have you put in as much time looking into these players as much as these pro scouts n personel? If they are ranked high on the Eagles board then thats a good value pick for them.

This is a fact... likely, but not certain... in either case... NOT worth the 14th selection

23 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

This is a fact... likely, but not certain... in either case... NOT worth the 14th selection

BOTH are hype monsters out of nowhere and for absolutely no definable reason

You listen to what Douglas said about Conley has always been rated high media are just catching up. Hyped by the media wanna be GM fans catch wind of it then the. hype train keeps rolling. Which brings me to my original question. Do you put in as much time looking into these players as the pro scouts and personel??

News From 7 Hours Ago

Did Corey Davis reveal he wants to be drafted by Eagles?:

@wingoz @c_davis_81 Future Eagle

Davis would certainly make an immediate impact on the Eagles' offense. He would join a receiving corps already bolstered in free agency with the additions of Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith.

But the Western Michigan product might not be on the board at the 14th overall pick, and the Eagles could look elsewhere on Thursday night.

The700Level's Andrew Kulp wrote about Davis at length here.

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/did-corey-davis-reveal-he-wants-be-drafted-eagles

Man,I wish I knew someone that lives in Philly,to be able to crash there and walk to the Draft!

I might not be back on till Thur. nite. I've pretty much had my fill of the Pre-Draft hype. All my buds,TC. TTYL8R

GO EAGLES!

10 hours ago, johnreaves said:

We don't need a RB at all, and as far asa 3-down back not many teams use one (neither of last year's SB teams do) and for good reason: it's not such a big deal if a RB goes down; having a couple backs allows you to throw curveballs at opposing defenses and be less predictable; and it keeps your backs fresher late in the season. There's no real advantage to one major back in today's NFL.

I think the CBoys would totally disagree with this. They ran strong with Murray. Then lost their bell cow back and everything went to sh17. Drafted Elliott and launched into the playoffs. How about Pitt.? Looked average without Leveon. With Bell they are a contending team. Then us. We had Shady just giving people the sweats the night before they had to deal with him. Then we went to Murray,Mathews and Sproles. Far from the same results.

7 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Interesting how Douglas changed the board. Not graded by rounds. But fit and role. Can see a lot of peeps getting their undies in a twist coz i get the feeling they all gonna be screaming that players a reach.

We have gone over the top 20 guys over and over with everyone giving opinions. Every nuance being broken down. So yes if it isn't one of those guys of coarse it's a reach.

6 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

What and how are you valuing these players? Dont want Conley at 14 but ive seen articles about him and Latt being 1a 1b CB and he could be gone hy 14

Tons of good corners in this draft. A dozen espected to go from 20-50. If you want a corner in the first you have to trade back. You just can't justify ANY of these corners being that much better than the guy taken at 43. If I trade back from 14. I could get two corners with that 14th pick ammo that are arguably right with Conley or Lattimore. One of those guys or two of White and Tankersley,King and Moreau, Obi and Awuzie....Do you really think the Ohio St guys are can't miss? I'm fine with them being ranked higher. But it's by a smidge. And that smidge is questionable. Dumb move taking a corner in the first without trading back. There isn't an absolute beast can't miss corner. But there are many very talented corners. If you draft (let's say) Conley at 14 and several of these guys behind become better players(pretty likely) then I want your head on a spike...Your Fired...as the president would say.

5 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Not worth it to you or to the Eagles?

What kind of response do you suppose that is... it sounds like, "I know you are but what am I"

6 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Many times by design the OLB is in the gap inside... so if the guy gets outside the DE that CB better be ready to tackle... and that CB IS NOT CONELY

Add in:Not from Ohio St. I'll call both of the top guys out on that. They are afraid.

5 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

You listen to what Douglas said about Conley has always been rated high media are just catching up. Hyped by the media wanna be GM fans catch wind of it then the. hype train keeps rolling. Which brings me to my original question. Do you put in as much time looking into these players as the pro scouts and personel??

Of course not but your question is rude and I was ignoring it... your question is antagonizing as if I, a fan like everyone else should not come in here and give opinions... HELL that is exactly what the NFL and teams want us to do, so please do not be self righteous.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Saints got AP. Two years/7 million, $3.5 Mil. guaranteed. Just saw it on #GMFB

The list of retreads is still long

If (when) we take a CB in rnd 1 or 2 I hope everyone remembers that CBs typically don't make a huge impact in their rookie year. It takes time to get used to the speed of the game. The #3 or 4 receiver on an NFL team is usually better than the #1 receiver on most college teams.
There aren't many Dieon Sanders running around out there.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wow! The Saints open the season versus the Vikings. Man I can't wait to see that game. Over/Under for Peterson 300 yards. He's going to light them up! I'm leaning over.

AP signing suddenly makes that a must watch game

Im sure that this will sound completely bonkers to everyone, because it is not based upon impact on the football field.... I would not select Myles Garret... I just look at him and he just looks like he is juiced up... He may not have gotten caught yet, but my gut tells me it wont be long until he does get caught

7 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

I just do NOt want a CB afraid to tackle if a runner breaks contain on the DE

Many times by design the OLB is in the gap inside... so if the guy gets outside the DE that CB better be ready to tackle... and that CB IS NOT CONELY

FIrst you need to understand the OSU defense,he was rarely asked to do that(because they had this no name guy called Malik Hooker lol),so to say he CANT do something because he's never done it is ludicrous

13 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Im sure that this will sound completely bonkers to everyone, because it is not based upon impact on the football field.... I would not select Myles Garret... I just look at him and he just looks like he is juiced up... He may not have gotten caught yet, but my gut tells me it wont be long until he does get caught

Man you wouldn't be able to draft anyone then. The NFL has a list of specific things they test for. Just whatever you are doing can't pop you on the test. It's not like you can't ever take practice piss tests if you have a question. You can't piss hot for :.....it's an established list. You have to go another route. Just can't be a dumba77 like certain RT.

7 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Add in:Not from Ohio St. I'll call both of the top guys out on that. They are afraid.

Bunk

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

FIrst you need to understand the OSU defense,he was rarely asked to do that(because they had this no name guy called Malik Hooker lol),so to say he CANT do something because he's never done it is ludicrous

Without question a quality Safety can cover up a ton of ailments in run support... 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Man you wouldn't be able to draft anyone then. The NFL has a list of specific things they test for. Just whatever you are doing can't pop you on the test. It's not like you can't ever take practice piss tests if you have a question. You can't piss hot for :.....it's an established list. You have to go another route. Just can't be a dumba77 like certain RT.

I told ya you would think I was crazy.... Its kinda like when your daughter hasnt told you she and her husband are pregnant yet, but you just kinda suspect it

2 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

I told ya you would think I was crazy.... Its kinda like when your daughter hasnt told you she and her husband are pregnant yet, but you just kinda suspect it

My daughter is one. I just can't even think down that road yet lol

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Without question a quality Safety can cover up a ton of ailments in run support... 

Conley has the cover skills,possibly has the run support skills.Those IMO can be taught as he progresses.I'm sure we talked about that in his private meeting.First you have to WANT to tackle(aka have the will),so we don;t know what those little *asterisks are.Even if he has the will,he has to learn techniques,so that is a question of smarts as well as athleticism.You cant expect a rook(with few exceptions) to walk in day 1 and be a force in the NFL.But like the best diamond,you grind away until you find the hidden gem beneath