Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

Mateagle-I guess what I am trying to say is,I would rather get beat for 3 yards on the ground instead of by 4 steps and 70 yards on a post pattern lol

That AP signing should help us. The Saints were in the running for a RB... One less team competing for a RB.

That AP signing should help us. The Saints were in the running for a RB... One less team competing for a RB.

That was a HUGE signing,especially after losing Cooks to the Pats.Takes a boatload of pressure off their passing game-excellent move!!!! yeah AP in the downside of his career,but a super nice band-aid

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Mateagle-I guess what I am trying to say is,I would rather get beat for 3 yards on the ground instead of by 4 steps and 70 yards on a post pattern lol

Im totally feeling that... I just dont see the DRASTIC separation in talent level between conely and guys projected in the 2nd round

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Man you wouldn't be able to draft anyone then. The NFL has a list of specific things they test for. Just whatever you are doing can't pop you on the test. It's not like you can't ever take practice piss tests if you have a question. You can't piss hot for :.....it's an established list. You have to go another route. Just can't be a dumba77 like certain RT.

I told ya you would think I was crazy.... Its kinda like when your daughter hasnt told you she and her husband are pregnant yet, but you just kinda suspect it

A prego husband.I believe Gerber has a million dollar offer out for that(HAHA)

So lets talk QB... Cleveland Browns? SanFran? Bears?, Jets? Chargers? Bills? Saints? Cards?... ALL have potential need there... How many QBs could possibly go in the first round, knowing how many teams can use a QB and how important that is to a franchise?... even past the Eagles you have Redskins? Giants? Steelers?... I just cannot help thinking that QB is gonna shuffle the board BIG TIME

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Im totally feeling that... I just dont see the DRASTIC separation in talent level between conely and guys projected in the 2nd round

Well what you and I see,and are privvy to is not even close to the scrutiny the teams put them under.So we just go by "rankings" which are wrong many times.Like Brady was a round 6 pick? WHO KNEW? Like Awuzie,he needs to settle down some-overly agressive,but he's another good prospect.late CB's like Kazee,'spoon,and my ubderdog Shaquille Griffin(ok so it's a homer pick HAHA)

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well what you and I see,and are privvy to is not even close to the scrutiny the teams put them under.So we just go by "rankings" which are wrong many times.Like Brady was a round 6 pick? WHO KNEW? Like Awuzie,he needs to settle down some-overly agressive,but he's another good prospect.late CB's like Kazee,'spoon,and my ubderdog Shaquille Griffin(ok so it's a homer pick HAHA)

OHHH without question I trust the team to make the right decision... if Conley was chosen, I would have a 10 minute crying fit, and then become his biggest fan

Things will become more clear after day 1 lol.IMO the meat of the draft is on day 2,those picks make or break your draft

Actually it would be more fun to have a mach 9 because if you miss on the round 1 pick,your whole mock has gone to H*** After 1,you can more figure out where they are going and what remains to fill(Still say Fournette is an Eagle lol)

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You could be right,I don't get the info they get.All i can do is watch games,vids and use "pro" rankings.many times a round 3 guy will blossom into being better than the round 1 pick-happens alot

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OHHH without question I trust the team to make the right decision... if Conley was chosen, I would have a 10 minute crying fit, and then become his biggest fan

yeah,well no matter the choice,someone will be disappointed.Can't please everyone.But after that,you really need to view the draft overall and really we may be able to "miss" on a later round pick,but we better nail day 2 and seriously that is alot to ask.Just get me some talent in here!!!

OMG... 48 hrs and Fournette could be an Eagle ? yea boy...or Barnett or Foster. @ chamtheman... of your pairings White and Tankersly... King and Moreau for me... the best of all are Obi and Awuzie... I would be good with those two as our starting corners...

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah,well no matter the choice,someone will be disappointed.Can't please everyone.But after that,you really need to view the draft overall and really we may be able to "miss" on a later round pick,but we better nail day 2 and seriously that is alot to ask.Just get me some talent in here!!!

My hope is that the guy we get with the 1st round pick can play this year as a starter or at least play 60% of the snaps on his side of the ball... which is why I would rather pick up a proven vet at CB(we've had a few work out)... Asante Samuel for example.. rather than use a 1st rounder on a CB, just because it takes them soooo longto develop... unless he is a no brainer immediate impact guy of course, and I dont see any of the in this draft

6 minutes ago, trini said:

OMG... 48 hrs and Fournette could be an Eagle ? yea boy...or Barnett or Foster. @ chamtheman... of your pairings White and Tankersly... King and Moreau for me... the best of all are Obi and Awuzie... I would be good with those two as our starting corners...

or Williams or Davis

Obi listed as a safety,dont know how he would be at CB.Either way I dont see him lasting to 43 lol

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

My hope is that the guy we get with the 1st round pick can play this year as a starter or at least play 60% of the snaps on his side of the ball... which is why I would rather pick up a proven vet at CB(we've had a few work out)... Asante Samuel for example.. rather than use a 1st rounder on a CB, just because it takes them soooo longto develop... unless he is a no brainer immediate impact guy of course, and I dont see any of the in this draft

yes that's true.Most good ones are already on teams and FA's were released for some reason,but still we need those with talent to develop.I suppose we could get a FA,CB after releasing RMatt,but still would get 2-3 in this draft

Remember too we went out and got Robinson in FA(8 years) and we really don;t know as fans what we have in Gratz and Grymes,s perhaps we are better off than we,as fans,know

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Remember too we went out and got Robinson in FA(8 years) and we really don;t know as fans what we have in Gratz and Grymes,s perhaps we are better off than we,as fans,know

Didn't Grymes help his Arena footbal league team win a championship?

Nice pick(if he clears the med deal) would be Sidney Jones.May not start right off,but could see him work his way into the games later.Love Moreau(my pick since way back when he was a round 6'er lol).Awuzie can play and I know we have the warm and fuzzies for White.I was just looking at the last 3 we have had in here for visits,as some kind of indicator as to who we are going after in 1 lol

43 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

So lets talk QB... Cleveland Browns? SanFran? Bears?, Jets? Chargers? Bills? Saints? Cards?... ALL have potential need there... How many QBs could possibly go in the first round, knowing how many teams can use a QB and how important that is to a franchise?... even past the Eagles you have Redskins? Giants? Steelers?... I just cannot help thinking that QB is gonna shuffle the board BIG TIME

most people would agree that Trubisky, Watson, and Mahommes will be in the 1st, that Kizer is either 1st or 2nd, and that Webb Peterman and Kaaya will go in 2nd or 3rd... I think they will all be gone by the 2nd

It Blows my mind that with Rnd1Pk1, Rnd1Pk12 and Rnd2Pk1.... Cleveland can still walk away losers because they might not get their QB... What a pisser if they have to settle for Kizer

Just now, mateagle2 said:

It Blows my mind that with Rnd1Pk1, Rnd1Pk12 and Rnd2Pk1.... Cleveland can still walk away losers because they might not get their QB... What a pisser if they have to settle for Kizer

OR worse, they refuse to take Kizer with pk12 and wait till Rnd2Pk1 and have to settle for Webb, Peterman, or Kaaya

http://www.phillyvoice.com/philadelphia-eagles-101-man-2017-nfl-draft-board/ This seems pretty accurate in my view

Just now, mateagle2 said:

OR worse, they refuse to take Kizer with pk12 and wait till Rnd2Pk1 and have to settle for Webb, Peterman, or Kaaya

hey don't go bashing my boy Kaaya(his mom is hot too lol)