Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

2 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

OR worse, they refuse to take Kizer with pk12 and wait till Rnd2Pk1 and have to settle for Webb, Peterman, or Kaaya

Cleve has the picks.Only see 2 with the potential of franchise.Really ZERO of these compares to Wentz AT ALL.Glad we made that move LAST year

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I just cannot get over how easily peope are dismissing Conely in the area of Tackling, as if that is something you can work around with scheme... YOU CANT... Team sees you are weak at tackling, you will see bubble screen after bubble screen, and an automatic 10 yard play every time before the safety can bail you out... THAT is how you lose ball games

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cleve has the picks.Only see 2 with the potential of franchise.Really ZERO of these compares to Wentz AT ALL.Glad we made that move LAST year

Mahommes may go first... seems like reports are saying GMs are in love with his arm strength and ability to deliver with consistency from any launch point

Stine emailed me last night and said he wants to trade Wentz for a top 3 pick.He wants to use that pick to get Reuben Foster. He said we can grab a QB (or, as he put it, "some knob") in the later rounds and just rely on Foles for this season. Joemas and I think that Stine is kooky.

1 minute ago, phillyphanwest said:

Stine emailed me last night and said he wants to trade Wentz for a top 3 pick.He wants to use that pick to get Reuben Foster. He said we can grab a QB (or, as he put it, "some knob") in the later rounds and just rely on Foles for this season. Joemas and I think that Stine is kooky.

He had to be joking or drinking

Obviously, I'd like to see the Eagles be as good this year as possible, but I don't believe we are going to the Super Bowl this year. Even after the draft, there won't be 7 Pro-Bowlers on the team. If we want to be there next season, I think we have to go best player available regardless of position in this year's draft and next year's draft.

OK we can assume that Garret goes #1, would Cleveland be better off trading out of that spot with a team in the top 5 picks, then just choose their QB with the first pick... that way they wont F it up

1 minute ago, Pawnskewer said:

Obviously, I'd like to see the Eagles be as good this year as possible, but I don't believe we are going to the Super Bowl this year. Even after the draft, there won't be 7 Pro-Bowlers on the team. If we want to be there next season, I think we have to go best player available regardless of position in this year's draft and next year's draft.

There is ONLY one player in this draft that makes us an instant SB contender... and THAT is Fournette.. he would give us a complete offense that teams at best can only hope to slow down,,, points will come at a high rate and defensive holes more easily tollerated... We would need to name this offense

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I just cannot get over how easily peope are dismissing Conely in the area of Tackling, as if that is something you can work around with scheme... YOU CANT... Team sees you are weak at tackling, you will see bubble screen after bubble screen, and an automatic 10 yard play every time before the safety can bail you out... THAT is how you lose ball games

You have S and LB's for that.If they DO THEIR JOBS,the CB can cover

6 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

OK we can assume that Garret goes #1, would Cleveland be better off trading out of that spot with a team in the top 5 picks, then just choose their QB with the first pick... that way they wont F it up

OR would they be better off to package a 2nd and 4th with  the #12 pick to move up to #6 so they get a top guy they want... I just dont see them staying at 12 and waiting for a QB to fall to them... AND I think they will force everyone's hands to take QBs sooner than later... I say this because it is areal possibility for them to screw it up with the situation the way it stands

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

You are correct and that is why the RB goes one on one with the CB all the time, the bubble screen is designed to mismatch so the LB and S get picked up by the pulling linemen

1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

You are correct and that is why the RB goes one on one with the CB all the time, the bubble screen is designed to mismatch so the LB and S get picked up by the pulling linemen

The CB is normally blocked by the reciever and many of them suck at blocking, so the tackle in the bubble screen defense more often comes from the CB because it is easier for him to beat his man off the block, unless you get a great read from the LB and he sniffs it out before it develops

Am i the only one who thinks that Cleveland is better off waiting on a QB build the talent around the team first..... Garrett is the smart pick at #1 at #12 would look at a WR(OJ Howard would be a complete steal).... Cody Kessler showed some promise as a rook as well not saying he is the answer but don't think they will get much better at QB in this draft either....

10 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sure,but you are wanting a ROOK CB to play at a pro level,not gonna happen

7 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sure,but you are wanting a ROOK CB to play at a pro level,not gonna happen

Experienced LB's and S's can help him until he "gets the hang of it" and works his way up (yes you can scheme for that)

27 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Tackling is something you can work on but I can't believe how serious this is becoming can name numerous Cbs that are not great tacklers they are CBs....The question is this is Conley a poor tackler(that can be coached up ) if he was scared to tackle then I might have an issue  

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that Cleveland is better off waiting on a QB build the talent around the team first..... Garrett is the smart pick at #1 at #12 would look at a WR(OJ Howard would be a complete steal).... Cody Kessler showed some promise as a rook as well not saying he is the answer but don't think they will get much better at QB in this draft either....

If they feel that RG3 can get it done acceptably yes... but I would suggest that if you dont get it now, look how hard it is to move up when you sit at picks 14-22... they are in position to get best available QB, that is not guaranteed when you have built everything and then go to add a QB to your 8-8 team

Just now, mateagle2 said:

If they feel that RG3 can get it done acceptably yes... but I would suggest that if you dont get it now, look how hard it is to move up when you sit at picks 14-22... they are in position to get best available QB, that is not guaranteed when you have built everything and then go to add a QB to your 8-8 team

Just because they can get the best available QB now doesn't mean he is good sorry not a fan of the class would not force QB 

And I don't trust Rg3 is he even on the team anymore pretty sure he got cut from the Browns....Would ride Kessler 

Mock # 82,347 for you to bash 1)Fournette-RB 2)Quincy Wilson-CB 3)Demarcus Walker-DE 4)Taywan Taylor-WR 4) Demonte Kazee-CB 5)Kittle-TE(replacement for Celek)-Iowa 6)Elijah McGuire-RB(replacement for Sproles) 7)Malik Golden-S-Penn St. Tried to work Nazair Jones in here at DT but.......

Wow only 2 more days till the draft.....Then we get to see fans bash a pick before he even steps onto the field lol.......I am actually excited for this draft  no clue what the Eagles plan is but I have a good feeling 

Mock # 82,347 for you to bash 1)Fournette-RB 2)Quincy Wilson-CB 3)Demarcus Walker-DE 4)Taywan Taylor-WR 4) Demonte Kazee-CB 5)Kittle-TE(replacement for Celek)-Iowa 6)Elijah McGuire-RB(replacement for Sproles) 7)Malik Golden-S-Penn St. Tried to work Nazair Jones in here at DT but.......

round 6 really up for grabs with me cause we have Brandon marshall here already,but let them compete for the "take-over for Sproles" role

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

round 6 really up for grabs with me cause we have Brandon marshall here already,but let them compete for the "take-over for Sproles" role

Still thinking Smalls will have more say in that role then he is given credit for.....Just remember one of the things Doug and co. praise Smalls for was his hands....Not sure we will really know till he gets a bigger role in the O which could be this season 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tackling is something you can work on but I can't believe how serious this is becoming can name numerous Cbs that are not great tacklers they are CBs....The question is this is Conley a poor tackler(that can be coached up ) if he was scared to tackle then I might have an issue  

I see scared

8 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just because they can get the best available QB now doesn't mean he is good sorry not a fan of the class would not force QB 

And I don't trust Rg3 is he even on the team anymore pretty sure he got cut from the Browns....Would ride Kessler 

Flacco never was and never will be an Aaron Rogers or Favre, or Tom terrific, but he is a solid QB and he has led his team to 3 AFC Championship games and one SB victory... any of these guys in this class in the top 7 or so could be the next Flacco