Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

Just now, mateagle2 said:

I see scared

Flacco never was and never will be an Aaron Rogers or Favre, or Tom terrific, but he is a solid QB and he has led his team to 3 AFC Championship games and one SB victory... any of these guys in this class in the top 7 or so could be the next Flacco

I would rate Flacco way higher then any of the QBs in this draft....and if we want to use Flacco as an example then you have to talk about the great team that was around him and the Ravens got him in the middle of the draft the team was built first 

10 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wow only 2 more days till the draft.....Then we get to see fans bash a pick before he even steps onto the field lol.......I am actually excited for this draft  no clue what the Eagles plan is but I have a good feeling 

I dont think they can screw this up, unless they trade ALL the way out of the 1st round

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I would rate Flacco way higher then any of the QBs in this draft....and if we want to use Flacco as an example then you have to talk about the great team that was around him and the Ravens got him in the middle of the draft the team was built first 

Im not saying Flacco is bad, BUT waiting for the next "SUPER ELITE" guy and passing on HIGHLY Talented guys doesnt make sense, unless the plan is to never find you QB without paying through the nose in draft picks

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

round 6 really up for grabs with me cause we have Brandon marshall here already,but let them compete for the "take-over for Sproles" role

Still thinking Smalls will have more say in that role then he is given credit for.....Just remember one of the things Doug and co. praise Smalls for was his hands....Not sure we will really know till he gets a bigger role in the O which could be this season 

Duuno how they want to use him.Figured him to spell Fournette or as a tandem back to rest Sproles when needed if Marshall can't

Im not saying Flacco is bad, BUT waiting for the next "SUPER ELITE" guy and passing on HIGHLY Talented guys doesnt make sense, unless the plan is to never find you QB without paying through the nose in draft picks

Didn't say wait for the next super elite but would not force a QB in this class...Browns were stupid to not take Wentz last year.....And again I don't see the talent in this QB crop I don't think any of them are worth a 1st round pick 

Matt Miller seems to think Conley will be our pick if he is on the board at 14 

Could see that,but lots of HYPE pressers coming our from Howie about how fans will go wild the the first pick.But this is the time of year for smoke and mirrors lol

The guy I like the most in this class they can get in the 2nd round that would be Webb out of Cal. outside of him would be Mohamoes from Texas Tech. but he is going to go way to high 

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Could see that,but lots of HYPE pressers coming our from Howie about how fans will go wild the the first pick.But this is the time of year for smoke and mirrors lol

Saints signing AP should mean they also go CB at 11

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:
  18 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Saints signing AP should mean they also go CB at 11

aka Conley could go there

16 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wow only 2 more days till the draft.....Then we get to see fans bash a pick before he even steps onto the field lol.......I am actually excited for this draft  no clue what the Eagles plan is but I have a good feeling 

Far different from watching Day1 last year knowing that all the action and suspense would come from other teams and not your own, because we knew everything about the birds first round the second that LA picked

If I was the Browns I am not just taking a QB in the first round just to take a QB...... Just because you spend a 1st rounder on a QB doesn't mean they will be successful only take a QB if you truly believe they can be that franchise guy.....Again if I was the Browns I would wait build the team around my eventual franchise QB and ride Kessler for another year 

17 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Tackling is something you can work on but I can't believe how serious this is becoming can name numerous Cbs that are not great tacklers they are CBs....The question is this is Conley a poor tackler(that can be coached up ) if he was scared to tackle then I might have an issue  

I see scared

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Just because they can get the best available QB now doesn't mean he is good sorry not a fan of the class would not force QB 

And I don't trust Rg3 is he even on the team anymore pretty sure he got cut from the Browns....Would ride Kessler 

Flacco never was and never will be an Aaron Rogers or Favre, or Tom terrific, but he is a solid QB and he has led his team to 3 AFC Championship games and one SB victory... any of these guys in this class in the top 7 or so could be the next Flacco

Get new glasses lol

2 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Saints could go a number of different ways WR or TE or LB DE who knows 

OR QB... Breeze is 100 years old

true that but thinking they would wait till 32 if they opt QB....Isn't Brees younger then Brady lol or they the same age 

24 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

If they feel that RG3 can get it done acceptably yes... but I would suggest that if you dont get it now, look how hard it is to move up when you sit at picks 14-22... they are in position to get best available QB, that is not guaranteed when you have built everything and then go to add a QB to your 8-8 team

Just because they can get the best available QB now doesn't mean he is good sorry not a fan of the class would not force QB 

And I don't trust Rg3 is he even on the team anymore pretty sure he got cut from the Browns....Would ride Kessler 

yeah he's gone.Sorry to say it but Cutler,who is used to running scared,would fit in Cleveville.How many QB's have they drafted to NO avail? lol They can't even pick up a FA to save their erie(eerie) buns

19 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I dont think they can screw this up, unless they trade ALL the way out of the 1st round

From Ohio.Although bird brain I had to sit through years of the Browns failures,and of course watching the trucks leave for Baltimore at 3 AM.Thye can't develop a Kodak print,let alone a QB

36 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that Cleveland is better off waiting on a QB build the talent around the team first..... Garrett is the smart pick at #1 at #12 would look at a WR(OJ Howard would be a complete steal).... Cody Kessler showed some promise as a rook as well not saying he is the answer but don't think they will get much better at QB in this draft either....

If they feel that RG3 can get it done acceptably yes... but I would suggest that if you dont get it now, look how hard it is to move up when you sit at picks 14-22... they are in position to get best available QB, that is not guaranteed when you have built everything and then go to add a QB to your 8-8 team

THought RG3 was outta there?

33 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  38 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that Cleveland is better off waiting on a QB build the talent around the team first..... Garrett is the smart pick at #1 at #12 would look at a WR(OJ Howard would be a complete steal).... Cody Kessler showed some promise as a rook as well not saying he is the answer but don't think they will get much better at QB in this draft either....

THought RG3 was outta there?

No get your QB THEN build around HIM.First mistake is Browns can't pick a QB,therefore there is never anything to build around lol

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

No get your QB THEN build around HIM.First mistake is Browns can't pick a QB,therefore there is never anything to build around lol

Can't pick a QB because they try and force picks in terrible classes I mean johnny football, Weeden, Brady Quinn(not going to lie this pick hurt me I liked Quinn) lol 

Only Browns team that was fun was 1980(sorry was already a birds fan).The 1980 Kardiac Kids with Sipe at the helm.On the reverse side,I had to suffer through the fallout from "the Drive" from Elway-UGH.I was a birds fan then,but still cause you live there you feel the heat

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Can't pick a QB because they try and force picks in terrible classes I mean johnny football, Weeden, Brady Quinn(not going to lie this pick hurt me I liked Quinn) lol 

Not sure how they do it,but they manage to destroy any talent they DO find HAHA(OMG)

12 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

true that but thinking they would wait till 32 if they opt QB....Isn't Brees younger then Brady lol or they the same age 

med tech has come so far.Being 40 now is NOT as big a deal as it was 20 years ago.These guys can play alot longer due to med advances.even Favre was considering a come back lol

Teams that are bad and dont have a QB are only PART of the QB situation around the league.... Howie was REALLY smart to do what he did... Brady 18 years, Brees 17 yrs, Palmer 15 yrs, Eli 14 yrs, Roethlisberger 14 years, Rogers 13 years, Alex smith 13 years, Rivers 13 years... THAT is a lot of mileage on a bunch of guys