Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] How Much Can Draft Help This Defense?

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Only Browns team that was fun was 1980(sorry was already a birds fan).The 1980 Kardiac Kids with Sipe at the helm.On the reverse side,I had to suffer through the fallout from "the Drive" from Elway-UGH.I was a birds fan then,but still cause you live there you feel the heat

Sipe was an underrated QB. And I freaking hate Elway. He is SOOOO overrated! He stunk it up for 3 and a half quarters and then pulls it together for A (ONE) DRIVE and he is the hero. His defense is the hero for keeping them in the game while he threw pass after pass in the dirt. Elway didn't win a title UNTIL he started handing the ball off to TD. And that's pretty much all he did for those two years. Sorry. Clearly passionate about my distaste for all of the credit that Elway received as a player. I can make the same argument for Troy Aikman. He played behind the best O line by far and mostly handed the ball off. Can't be in the hall of fame doing that, in my opinion. Dan Marino, I am not a Dolphins' fan by the way, was the best pure QB in my lifetime. Brady is great dinking and dunking away. Marino was AWESOME on EVERY type of throw. And Steve Young was the best complete athlete at the QB position. His accuracy was unreal.

I had to kid him(DM) about how much I enjoyed his "fake spike" Maybe the trick play of the last 40+ years HAHA(Been so long I forgot what year that was lol)

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't confuse cost with value,they are different things

TRUE!!! But I am looking at what we have v what we lost... we lost Bennie Logan and moved back two fist fulls of slots in the third... FOR a DT that is arguably just as accomplished and three years younger... His stats bear out that he gets his hands up to disrupt the passing lane better than Logan... Logan had many more tackles, but teams were not scheming away from Fletcher Cox in Batimore... And clearly Jernigan in 3 years has been far more successful at reaching the QB than Logan was in 4 years

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  27 minutes ago, senhorcook said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Only Browns team that was fun was 1980(sorry was already a birds fan).The 1980 Kardiac Kids with Sipe at the helm.On the reverse side,I had to suffer through the fallout from "the Drive" from Elway-UGH.I was a birds fan then,but still cause you live there you feel the heat

Sipe was an underrated QB. And I freaking hate Elway. He is SOOOO overrated! He stunk it up for 3 and a half quarters and then pulls it together for A (ONE) DRIVE and he is the hero. His defense is the hero for keeping them in the game while he threw pass after pass in the dirt. Elway didn't win a title UNTIL he started handing the ball off to TD. And that's pretty much all he did for those two years. Sorry. Clearly passionate about my distaste for all of the credit that Elway received as a player. I can make the same argument for Troy Aikman. He played behind the best O line by far and mostly handed the ball off. Can't be in the hall of fame doing that, in my opinion. Dan Marino, I am not a Dolphins' fan by the way, was the best pure QB in my lifetime. Brady is great dinking and dunking away. Marino was AWESOME on EVERY type of throw. And Steve Young was the best complete athlete at the QB position. His accuracy was unreal.

I dated his cousin (Marino) for 12 years,He's also a great guy as well as a QB

That's AWESOME GBFL!

She wants me back now HAHA.I'm old,so who knows.She makes kill spaghetti(and still looks like she's 30 lol)

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Point is if Howie can get that pick into the top of round 3 or better yet bottom of 2,then the VALUE(not COST) for him would be greater no??

I really thought the price and value was very fair for Jernigan... no contract needed to be worked out, Rook Contract... then we can look back to how we all felt at the time, which was a sense that we would be much weaker along the D-line, no matter what, beacuse the resources were not there... that the only answer was to draft

Sure,just saying a move back up would go from "good value" to OMG he rocks!! lol it's a good>better>best thing

32 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Again, I am looking forward to the draft getting here and getting over with. Get those players and let's go develop them. I'll let the coaches and scouts decide who to get. I don't know the best players out there. Heck, I love McCaffrey. But I like a whole lot of other guys too. No pressure whoever is picking. Just don't screw it up. Haha.

Christian got genetically screwed... he had a 6-5 father and ended up 5-11

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't confuse cost with value,they are different things

TRUE!!! But I am looking at what we have v what we lost... we lost Bennie Logan and moved back two fist fulls of slots in the third... FOR a DT that is arguably just as accomplished and three years younger... His stats bear out that he gets his hands up to disrupt the passing lane better than Logan... Logan had many more tackles, but teams were not scheming away from Fletcher Cox in Batimore... And clearly Jernigan in 3 years has been far more successful at reaching the QB than Logan was in 4 years

I'm just pleased we have a FO that has a clue lol.After the Chip debacle,had to be tough to finally get the RIGHT guys at the desks

So do y'all think Gareon Conley rape/assault charges bounces him out of the first round.

41 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

Again, I am looking forward to the draft getting here and getting over with. Get those players and let's go develop them. I'll let the coaches and scouts decide who to get. I don't know the best players out there. Heck, I love McCaffrey. But I like a whole lot of other guys too. No pressure whoever is picking. Just don't screw it up. Haha.

On the bright side,if he was 6'5" he would never be a RB

8 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  41 minutes ago, senhorcook said:

On the bright side,if he was 6'5" he would never be a RB

;)

So do y'all think Gareon Conley rape/assault charges bounces him out of the first round.

Must have,many teams are looking at him,BTW sorry if this sounds sexist,but women LIE all the time,or consent,then nail you later(and dont say it doesnt happen)

6 minutes ago, trini said:

didnt hear about that one

Bleeding green nation just reporting that Rape assault accusations.

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

No why? What's done is done

I put a post up with the data so you might feel better about the move back to 99

I still knew it was worth it,just saying Howie can make thus look even better,almost like a FREE draft pick if he can get us back up in 3.He did it with the Wentz trade and he's got a BIG bag of tricks

THIS is the player that turned me from a Vikings fan into an Eagles fan...

2 minutes ago, trini said:

that should be enough to not go at 14

1 hour ago, downwithdallas said:

Agholor would be a great slot receiver 

someone needs to take him to the batting cages and put a still bat in his hands and show him how to look the ball into the bat... bunting practice...watch him... his eyes stay focused at a point about 10 feet in front of the catch and his head does not move with the ball as it comes in

or use the bat to beat some sense into him-either way(or both) works for me lol

3 minutes ago, trini said:

That should be enough to stop him from going 14

129 members have been in the forum sights in the las 10 minutes... dont the know about following the Spuds threads?

Wow trading back now might be the Eagles best play especially if they are using the NE/Ravens grading system......They could move down a few spots and still likely get Conley or Foster, Harris while gaining extra ammo in other rounds 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802415/article/washington-db-sidney-jones-on-pace-for-september-return

Saying Sidney Jones could be ready by the start of the season saying 4-6 month recovery time I liked Jones before his injury thought he was one of the best if not the best CB in the class before he got hurt.....If we think he can be ready to play around the start of the season I would take him in the 2nd round