Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking For Impact Pick At No. 14

Hahaha - in my guide on the TV between path to the draft and that other pre-game show is Dr Phil. That's funny

Spuds.just a minor point.In 2016 we did not let the draft come to us,we went and GOT Wentz.We may do that this draft as well

52 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705422-nfl-draft-2017-top-players-who-could-fall-down-the-board?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Okay if the players this guy brought up fall which one of the three would you take between Foster, Davis or Cook?

Did we move back and get Caff? Hard to say withough knowing what we did at 14(or wherever)

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705422-nfl-draft-2017-top-players-who-could-fall-down-the-board?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Okay if the players this guy brought up fall which one of the three would you take between Foster, Davis or Cook?

For me it's between Foster and Davis. Coin flip Davis

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

As far as JMatt is concerned. I am not going to debate whether he should stay or go during the draft. I will say though that the team I have seen him linked to in a trade the most during the draft is the Patriots. Bill likes him and wanted to draft him before the Eagles beat him to it. JMatt would replace 32 year old Danny Amendola. The compensation is suppose to be a 4th round draft pick or there abouts.

They have Cooks,they would have to pay JMatt in a year.Believe they would rather draft one with a 4 year rook contract-JMO

I'm just tossing it out there. New England still has 20 mil in cap space this year. They could have a contest with JMatt and Cooks both on one year contracts just like our situation with Jeffery and Smith. One year prove it deals before you get paid.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Did we move back and get Caff? Hard to say withough knowing what we did at 14(or wherever)

if we did,as much as I like Davis,I would have to take Foster

Foster has some medical but would have to go w/ him. Why "trade back for Caf"? He may not even last to 14. Just curious

So I have been reading that Davis may be sliding, if we could trade back for an early third or second and get Davis that would be my dream scenario... If we stay at 14 My top picks would be Foster, Davis, Harris, Williams.   I've got to believe one of those 4 will be available.  Only reason I don't want McCaffery is because I'm on the take Mixon in round 2 bandwagon right now. 

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  30 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

As far as JMatt is concerned. I am not going to debate whether he should stay or go during the draft. I will say though that the team I have seen him linked to in a trade the most during the draft is the Patriots. Bill likes him and wanted to draft him before the Eagles beat him to it. JMatt would replace 32 year old Danny Amendola. The compensation is suppose to be a 4th round draft pick or there abouts.

They have Cooks,they would have to pay JMatt in a year.Believe they would rather draft one with a 4 year rook contract-JMO

I'm just tossing it out there. New England still has 20 mil in cap space this year. They could have a contest with JMatt and Cooks both on one year contracts just like our situation with Jeffery and Smith. One year prove it deals before you get paid.

Maybe,but really think like jMatt.At his age would you sign a year or,or opt for a nice multi-year? I suppose if the one is alot more loot per year

There is nothing more impactful that takes your team from playoff hopeful to SB Contender... The ONLY player that does that is Leonard Fournette for the Eagles

So I have been reading that Davis may be sliding, if we could trade back for an early third or second and get Davis that would be my dream scenario... If we stay at 14 My top picks would be Foster, Davis, Harris, Williams.   I've got to believe one of those 4 will be available.  Only reason I don't want McCaffery is because I'm on the take Mixon in round 2 bandwagon right now. 

Well are you taking Davis in 1 or 2???

Foster has some medical but would have to go w/ him. Why "trade back for Caf"? He may not even last to 14. Just curious

Depends how it goes,if teams want a 3 down back he's NOT that RB,so IMO you would have to already have that to select him

When I think of the players that could fall with Joe Douglas in mind, I keep coming up with Foster. He seems like a Joe Douglas or Ravens type of player more than any of them.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well are you taking Davis in 1 or 2???

I'm taking him at 14 unless I can trade back and get him in the 20s

If you watch Mixons tape he looks like a faster David Johnson...  Can't go wrong there.  Just have to hope he's learned and grown from his extremely bad decision

Just watched that sit down between Spuds & Douglas. Douglas saying he's expecting Ryan Mathews back, then that Marmaduke sound went off in my head

Smalls,Sproles and Caff could rotate in and out I suppose.I just would like to see that clock killer 4th 1/4 grinder

Who knows,like I said everyone is an expert on who will and wont be there

Another possibility is if we take Caff and then get Conner late as a tandem who can grow together.Conner can be that grinder RB