Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking For Impact Pick At No. 14

I know everyone loves the passing attack.I get more pleasure watching a RB destroy a defense.For me that guy is Fournette,so I dunno what we do

I think Fournette's running style will shorten his career.  You can only try to run over NFL linebackers so many times.  However it would be great to see him flatten Sean Lee at the goaline in week 17 for the NFC East Title.

I think Fournette's running style will shorten his career.  You can only try to run over NFL linebackers so many times.  However it would be great to see him flatten Sean Lee at the goaline in week 17 for the NFC East Title.

So? Let him do that for 3 years and you never know,look at some who are still around AP,LeVon Bell, Latavius Murray,beast mode so whatever

5 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

So? Let him do that for 3 years and you never know,look at some who are still around AP,LeVon Bell, Latavius Murray,beast mode so whatever

Well a rook contract is 4 with a 5th option on your #1 pick,but you get my point

I just think of the top 4 RB, Fournette will be the first one to run out of gas.  And I'm looking at long term success with Wentz, so I want to surround him with guys I think will be playing a long time.  I'd love to watch him play, just don't think it's the best long term choice.  Could be wrong, he could be a freak of nature just like Peterson.... But those are few and far between

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  6 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

Well a rook contract is 4 with a 5th option on your #1 pick,but you get my point

I dunno just seems to me that buys you 4 years to find a replacement

So ESPN fired 100 employees due to continuing poor viewer ratings. Got to admit, I very seldom watch it anymore unless there is a football game on I want to see. I don't think they understand that people want to watch sports to get away from everyday life for a while. Most fans don't want politics involved in their sports. ESPN hasn't figured that out yet.

8 minutes ago, rsnyder23 said:

You don't waste a 1st round pick for 4 years of service...

If you want a SB you DO

Better than the 4 years of NON service from MS2 and Agholor

Bucky Brooks now predicting Caf off the board before Fournette

Ima go watch Caff vids again,see if he can be a 3 down RB

He makes alot of yardage by making defenses miss tackles,which is great,but not sure he would do that at the pro level.Just how i see it

I just think of the top 4 RB, Fournette will be the first one to run out of gas.  And I'm looking at long term success with Wentz, so I want to surround him with guys I think will be playing a long time.  I'd love to watch him play, just don't think it's the best long term choice.  Could be wrong, he could be a freak of nature just like Peterson.... But those are few and far between

When did he run out of gas???

GBFL I mean career wise.  Fournette will be great for a short term, I want a guy who will be great for a long time with my first pick

If you watch Mixons tape he looks like a faster David Johnson...  Can't go wrong there.  Just have to hope he's learned and grown from his extremely bad decision

Don't want to hope with a number 1 pick and if he makes it to 43 is in serious doubt

S. I.

2017 NFL draft rumors: Latest news, buzz as first round approaches

The NFL draft begins Thursday, as 32 NFL teams get to work building their futures and hundreds of football players await their fate.

The Browns hold the No. 1 pick, and are expected to select either Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett or North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

Here are the latest rumors about what teams are thinking and what moves, picks and transactions are on the horizon.

This post will be updated.

The Buccaneers are talking with at least three teams about moving back in first round. Tampa Bay may be also looking at getting out the first round altogether. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)

The Cleveland Browns have discussed trading up with three teams in top eight spots in the draft. (Michael Silver, NFL.com)

The Titans have trade offers for the No. 5 overall pick, and are considering moving down. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman says the team still might draft an offensive tackle, despite signing two in free agency. (Vikings.com)

The Dolphins have two defensive ends (Tennessee's Derek Barnett and Charles Harris of Missouri) high on their draft board.

If I'd had my chrystal ball back from the repair shop, would have taken AP 7 mill for 2 yrs, gotten a later rd N-S RB, gone BPA 1st rd and gotten on w/ it

He makes alot of yardage by making defenses miss tackles,which is great,but not sure he would do that at the pro level.Just how i see it

Caff I am talking about

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

As far as JMatt is concerned. I am not going to debate whether he should stay or go during the draft. I will say though that the team I have seen him linked to in a trade the most during the draft is the Patriots. Bill likes him and wanted to draft him before the Eagles beat him to it. JMatt would replace 32 year old Danny Amendola. The compensation is suppose to be a 4th round draft pick or there abouts.

They have Cooks,they would have to pay JMatt in a year.Believe they would rather draft one with a 4 year rook contract-JMO

I'm just tossing it out there. New England still has 20 mil in cap space this year. They could have a contest with JMatt and Cooks both on one year contracts just like our situation with Jeffery and Smith. One year prove it deals before you get paid.

NE has no draft picks left