Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Looking For Impact Pick At No. 14

OK, GBFL and Mat, We all get it. You guys love Fournette. Let us move on, because the rest of us know he will not be there at 14 and that we will not trade up for him. Please?

GBFL I mean career wise.  Fournette will be great for a short term, I want a guy who will be great for a long time with my first pick

Well you make your best calculations.Like I said alot of banger backs are still around.others burn our quick.You really can't tell until you get them on the field.Every pick is a crapshoot(as we already know lol)

we could "sprinkle" him in most of the game,let Smalls,Watson and Sproles see what they can do,then use him as a 3 down clock burner in the latter stages of the game

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

As far as JMatt is concerned. I am not going to debate whether he should stay or go during the draft. I will say though that the team I have seen him linked to in a trade the most during the draft is the Patriots. Bill likes him and wanted to draft him before the Eagles beat him to it. JMatt would replace 32 year old Danny Amendola. The compensation is suppose to be a 4th round draft pick or there abouts.

They have Cooks,they would have to pay JMatt in a year.Believe they would rather draft one with a 4 year rook contract-JMO

I'm just tossing it out there. New England still has 20 mil in cap space this year. They could have a contest with JMatt and Cooks both on one year contracts just like our situation with Jeffery and Smith. One year prove it deals before you get paid.

NE has no draft picks left

I am looking for them to trade Butler to the Saints to get a first or second round pick back. LOL

we could "sprinkle" him in most of the game,let Smalls,Watson and Sproles see what they can do,then use him as a 3 down clock burner in the latter stages of the game

Just sayin we lost games because we could not kill the clock,got conservative and let teams come back on our ailing secondary.Keep the oppositions O OFF the field and run the clock(Bellicheat is so good at this)

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just sayin we lost games because we could not kill the clock,got conservative and let teams come back on our ailing secondary.Keep the oppositions O OFF the field and run the clock(Bellicheat is so good at this)

The key here is we got conservative,but did not have the running game to move the chains

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Titans G.M.: Chances of a trade are "50-50,” with QB market driving it

Why would that be a factor for Tenn??

Oh you mean so they could trade down(sorry senior moment)

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:
  2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Titans G.M.: Chances of a trade are "50-50,” with QB market driving it

Why would that be a factor for Tenn??

Oh you mean so they could trade down(sorry senior moment)

Dunno man,if I were them I would snag Howard.With Walker also at TE that would be tough to defense

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The "got conservative" is what always gets me. Why change the game plan? Leave w/ the girl you brought to the dance. Look what the Falcons did last yr, Seattle w/ freakin Beastmode pass on the goal line? Grab 2 N-S RB's later, no prob.

I’d love for the Eagles to ship out Agholor in a bust-for-bust trade for someone like CB Kyle Fuller if Chicago is going to give up on him. I’d say it’s not impossible with Howie around.
Gowton LOL

Why Wrang. Ag has a new coach, has decreased pressure and is basically on a 1 yr prove it deal. I haven't given up on him as he just may surprise us. If he does he may be useful next yr, if not he gets his papers.

Howie Roseman loves to make moves up and down the board. One of Roseman's best trades ever came when he dealt Bryce Brown to the Bills (for a fourth round pick!) during the 2014 NFL Draft

Thing is we have Grymes and another CB that we still do not know about yet. I still feel Grymes can be a solid defender. If so, we only need one starter at CB plus another to back up and learn for a year....

OK, our 14 and 2019 1st rd we trade w/ Cleveland for Garrett = Howie move. Now with that over can we get on w/ the draft?

Why Wrang. Ag has a new coach, has decreased pressure and is basically on a 1 yr prove it deal. I haven't given up on him as he just may surprise us. If he does he may be useful next yr, if not he gets his papers.

I was just relaying info mjk. Something to read while we wait.

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The "got conservative" is what always gets me. Why change the game plan? Leave w/ the girl you brought to the dance. Look what the Falcons did last yr, Seattle w/ freakin Beastmode pass on the goal line? Grab 2 N-S RB's later, no prob.

I'm all for conservative if you have a 4th 1/4 lead.IMO they just started that TOO early and like I said we need a RB who can put the game away and keep the chains moving

5 minutes ago, stine said:

Thing is we have Grymes and another CB that we still do not know about yet. I still feel Grymes can be a solid defender. If so, we only need one starter at CB plus another to back up and learn for a year....

This could be true but I am not going into the season expecting this I am going in filling the void at CB and then letting the best 2 guys start(guess should say 3 counting slot guy) 

The rumor down here in Tampa is the Bucs want to trade out of the first round for extra picks and then take RB Mixon with their first second rounder.

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:
  32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I'm all for conservative if you have a 4th 1/4 lead.IMO they just started that TOO early and like I said we need a RB who can put the game away and keep the chains moving

Like the Squealers do with Bell