Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Stay True To Building The Lines

My issue with the Eagles... Graham vs Thomas.... no question they goofed there, and no question the reason is they put too much importance on DL over S instead of taking the better overall player. No question when immediately after the pick in 2014 Howie said they had a bunch of guys rated equally when they selected Smith ... obviously the priority of pass rushing put Smith ahead ... that's my issue. If they did it again this year, I'm on board with you in having a problem with it. while I think having a great DL is better than having a great secondary, especially IMO the DL effects the secondary more than the other way around, especially taking the run D into consideration ... I still believe it just taking the better player, the positions will eventually fill in as needed... but you can't keep passing up better players.
That said ... I'm not taking CB over DL just for the same reason of position preference... all about the player.

Nevermind i just saw an interview after he was selected and he was smiling saying he was nervous because he heard a few boo's and wasn't sure how the fan base was going to perceive him. He is excited and ready to get to work

1 hour ago, DaveSpadaro said:

The picks went off the board, oddly, unpredictably and then, all of a sudden, the Arizona Cardinals were on the clock at No. 13 overall, and the Eagles knew right then and there that they would have a great choice to make at No. 14 ...

View the full article

BUT THEN THEY FOUND A WAY TO SCREW IT UP!!!!... NOONe has him ranked as high as 14... on any depth chart, mock, roll of extra TP... nowhere

Ccl: stop worrying. We're not done yet. Let's see what happens first. Maybe the eagles don't want to draft a corner high. Maybe they see corners in the later rounds they'd rather have

2 minutes ago, darksnake1 said:

Nevermind i just saw an interview after he was selected and he was smiling saying he was nervous because he heard a few boo's and wasn't sure how the fan base was going to perceive him. He is excited and ready to get to work

He better walk in here and blow the roof off... cause when we passed on Allen I was freeaking pissed

Allen dropping to 17? Passed up by the Ravens too? Why? Is it becuase he is a tweener, not really a DE or a DT? That's a far drop for a guy without any off the field issues.

Rnd2Pk1 GB... Malik MaDowell

Rnd2Pk2 Sea...Cam Robinson

Rnd2Pk3 Jags... Caleb Brantley

Rnd2Pk4 Bears... Forest Lamp

Rnd2Pk5Rams... Tim Williams

Rnd2Pk6 Chargers... Budda baker

Rnd2Pk7 Jets... Zach Cunningham

Rnd2Pk8 Panthers...JuJu Smith

Rnd2Pk9 Bengals...Dalvin Cook

Rnd2Pk10 Saints... Josh Jones

Rnd2Pk11 Eagles... Joe Mixom, or Dalvin cook if I was wrong on that pick

Whoa ... CCL ... did you say our DL is stacked? HUNH????? Stacked ... our DL???? Wow! Couldn't disagree more. Although it looks better now.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Allen dropping to 17? Passed up by the Ravens too? Why? Is it becuase he is a tweener, not really a DE or a DT? That's a far drop for a guy without any off the field issues.

It was some freaking report about arthritis or something like that... But OMG how do you compare Barnett to Allen? Allen was the perfect guy to put everywhere on the line to create mismatches

13 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

He better walk in here and blow the roof off... cause when we passed on Allen I was freeaking pissed

My problem is not that we picked Barnett at 14... My problem is that we had Barnett, Howard, and Allen stacked in front of us and we didnt freaking move back

Hell Taco Charleton was taken by the Cowpies... so now we will have Barnett, Allen and Charlton tied at the hip... for ONCE I hope we come out on the good side of the ever haunting divisional comparison of the past as we advance through this one

ill be honest. I was watching the draft unfold and was excited that a lot of the defensive players fell. Didn't think barnett or allen would be there when we selected. I told everyone i was with i wanted one of these two players but I would rather have barnett. Then for once when I asked for a specific player we got him. I couldn't be happier and I think in time most people will come to love this pick. Allen is really good to but i just thought barnett was the better overall player. My opinion and I know it doesn't matter

mat... I was thinking of the trade down myself... but always look after things are finished. They took a while, I assume they were on the phone or waiting for calls. But look back, where do you see a trade. Obviously Indy passed on DL, so did Baltimore. (OMG how do they pass on Allen.... lol) the Washington took him, but do you think Washington was going to trade up? Don't think Tampa was going to, neither Denver with their OL pick. So you are the Eagles, where and how far are you trading down? Only one I could see would be Washington due to them taking the DL too ... other than that, don't see any of those next 5 teams thinking they need to trade, do you?

Man Adoree Jackson gone at 18 would have liked him in the 2nd round....Still believe Eagles go RB in the 2nd round Cook still on the board as is Mixon.....

Cb run tomorrow and we better get one

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Man Adoree Jackson gone at 18 would have liked him in the 2nd round....Still believe Eagles go RB in the 2nd round Cook still on the board as is Mixon.....

Cb run tomorrow and we better get one

in round 2

There's only one thing i was concerned with. Did anybody notice he wasn't smiling when we selected him. I hope he actually wants to be here because i think he's going to be amazing for us

I think he'll be average

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

mat... I was thinking of the trade down myself... but always look after things are finished. They took a while, I assume they were on the phone or waiting for calls. But look back, where do you see a trade. Obviously Indy passed on DL, so did Baltimore. (OMG how do they pass on Allen.... lol) the Washington took him, but do you think Washington was going to trade up? Don't think Tampa was going to, neither Denver with their OL pick. So you are the Eagles, where and how far are you trading down? Only one I could see would be Washington due to them taking the DL too ... other than that, don't see any of those next 5 teams thinking they need to trade, do you?

Ohhhh IDK.. the freaking one I talked about moving back to 20 with Denver all week... I said trade Peters and Kelce... Move back and give them the O-line they need... they take Howard with 14 and give us a slew of picks to win another SB

I want the Eagles to draft RB Christopher Carson ... just so I can hear the announcers say "Wentz hands off to Carson" or " Wentz looking for Carson" or "great pass protection for Wentz by Carson" or "Wentz audilbles and calls Carson's number for the TD" .. what about a flee flicker, how confusing would that be??? "Wentz hands off to Carson, Carson back to Wentz throwing deep for the end zone" LOL

I'm with it on selecting a DE as the 1st selection... Im with it on Derrick being a great player.... I'm even with it on the juju and or Karma associated with the pick... BUT OMG! HOW THE HELL DO YOU PASS ON ALLEN AND HOWARD?

Yeah thought the pick was MEH-even Hooker i would have liked better.At least when we get LESS that the top CB's he would have been able to help them

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yeah thought the pick was MEH-even Hooker i would have liked better.At least when we get LESS that the top CB's he would have been able to help them

I WAS NOT high fiving anyone!

30 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It was some freaking report about arthritis or something like that... But OMG how do you compare Barnett to Allen? Allen was the perfect guy to put everywhere on the line to create mismatches

Yep Allen is better IMO also