Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Stay True To Building The Lines

King/Awuzie/Wilson or Moreau we better get one of them,Perrine in 3 another CB in 4 like Shaquille Griffin,then snag a WR in 4 also.Like either Gibson from WV or Switzer from NC

It was the right decision to pass on conley. Too risky of a pick with the latest allegations. I think a lot of people would have thought white would be a reach if we took him at 14. Plus didn't he have speed issues. Lattimore was gone. Humphrey is the only one that we could have selected there imo. I think if we get king or wilson in the second this draft will be a huge success for us

I like the pick. I wouldve have moved up for Lattimore or took Allen to pair with Cox, but I like Barnett too. I hope we get Cook or Tankersley in round 2. K.King wouldnt be a horrible pick either. But if they take us into the season with Mills and Robinson on the outside I hope they all get fired.

Some people are happy with the pick of Barnett,some not so much,and some are ok with it,i.e. blah. Me,I'm happy with it. Especially if he's a QB (nudge,nudge-Prescott,Cousins,Eli) Killer! For those of you that really like Myles Garret-Rightfully so!-did you see the comparison of sacks within the SEC between Garret & Barnett? It's something like 4 to 19 in favor of Derek and the (falling ☺) Dominos. If I got those numbers somewhat miscued,please excuse me. I've been up since 1:30 yesterday afternoon on 4 hrs. of sleep. Willie McGinest,in so many words,said that Barnett is a good pick by saying that he does a great job in the Run game by setting and holding the edge in addition to being great pass rusher,and that he doesn't need to come off of the field.

6 hours ago, CouldCareLess said:

good dline isn't going to win you many games in todays NFL.  As i been saying for the last 4 years now, failure to fix the secondary will continue to see mediocre teams put on the field.  

A huge majority of us are aware of that and there's still 7 picks to go Bud. Don't have a cow man,lol ☺

5 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

There's only one thing i was concerned with. Did anybody notice he wasn't smiling when we selected him. I hope he actually wants to be here because i think he's going to be amazing for us

Not everybody is comfortable getting up in front of a huge crowd. When he got the call from Howie,i saw him at the table with his head buried in tears until the person next to him told him to get ready to head up to the stage. He was very overwhelmed. Everyone's different.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Whoa ... CCL ... did you say our DL is stacked? HUNH????? Stacked ... our DL???? Wow! Couldn't disagree more. Although it looks better now.

Exactly! This system requires a good bit of subs to rotate on DL since they're 200 MPH every snap with 4 guys. They need to catch their breath just like we do,they're not machines.

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Cb run tomorrow and we better get one

I want at least 2 B4 Draft is over.

It felt like we would get a top ten guy on our Big Board. No QBs were worth a first round pick. Yet teams just traded on up to take one anyway. I see Joe and Rosie are declaring him top 8 even on the Big Board. Trust the process.

I have wanted to draft Leonard Fournette for four...make that five years. So I was a tiny bit disappointed that Jax took him at 4. But at least he is far away from us that way. It didn't tear me up much though as I figured we had no shot at him.

This is a great pick and he could definitely start for us. Let's not forget we used curry at DT at times so we could potentially line up: Graham, Cox, Curry and Barnett

Welp, I wanted Foster but I will settle for Barnett. I guess Foster's health must have been a real issue as Ozzie Newsome also passed on him and they had a need for LB. Eagles Absolutely need to nail their CB round 2. Whether it is Tankersly, King, Wilson or someone else, They have to get a starter tonight. Grab best players after that. I don't care be it RB, WR or another CB...They are not going to fix all positions this year, but get at least take care of three... Can you guys believe Chicago? Did they hire Millen to do their draft? Also, Cleveland did a good job. They got two play makers on D. I love Peppers...

4 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

It was the right decision to pass on conley. Too risky of a pick with the latest allegations. I think a lot of people would have thought white would be a reach if we took him at 14. Plus didn't he have speed issues. Lattimore was gone. Humphrey is the only one that we could have selected there imo. I think if we get king or wilson in the second this draft will be a huge success for us

Yeah, it just never made sense to take a corner at 14. None were worthy.  Good news is the draft is still loaded with DBs. And yes I 'm looking at DBs not just corners. Great S class as well as corners. I figure we can possibly get a slot corner late. Man would that be a huge lift. But all the fans seem to be dismissing what a good S could do for us. We have two high dollar guys on the team(I understand that). But even still it's called Dime. We can get immediate impact out of a S. Dime could be our bread and butter defense this season. And having that third S gives you the obvious protection from injury. As we know this isn't just for an injury situation to McCleod and Jenkins. Because Jenkins can move to the slot. So it would also cover that slot position from injury as well.

7 hours ago, CouldCareLess said:

good dline isn't going to win you many games in todays NFL.  As i been saying for the last 4 years now, failure to fix the secondary will continue to see mediocre teams put on the field.  

so your logic was the Eagles should have forced a CB at 14 just because we spend a 1st rounder on a CB doesn't mean they will be good....As for our DL being stacked we were middle of the pack last year in sacks and pressures yup that is a stacked unit alright.....A great DL can win in this league and the success even shows come playoffs 

hahahahahahahahaha man Eagles fans hard to please thought Barnett was a top 10 player like the pick at 14...... Could have made a case for Allen or OJ and would have been happy with either of them as well....Hindsight is going to grade this draft like always though so let wait and see how our guy actually does before label him 

I really think if we get quincy or king we will be fine. Or even quincys teammate teez would be good. You telling me we can't get one of these guys? I seriously doubt all three go off the board before we pick and if they start going off the board then I'm all for a trade up

Ideal scenario would be trade down a few spots in the 2nd round collecting an extra 3rd....Snag the RB round 2( I have been sold that Philly would end up taking RB in the 2nd for awhile) not sure we pass on Cook if available...... Then in the 3rd round double dip at CB Ahkello Witherspoon is still high on my list I want him not sure we can get him at 99 though  

4 minutes ago, darksnake1 said:

I really think if we get quincy or king we will be fine. Or even quincys teammate teez would be good. You telling me we can't get one of these guys? I seriously doubt all three go off the board before we pick and if they start going off the board then I'm all for a trade up

I like King as well would be fine with him as our pick might be my top guy right now not sure he is there at our pick though 

Welp, I wanted Foster but I will settle for Barnett. I guess Foster's health must have been a real issue as Ozzie Newsome also passed on him and they had a need for LB. Eagles Absolutely need to nail their CB round 2. Whether it is Tankersly, King, Wilson or someone else, They have to get a starter tonight. Grab best players after that. I don't care be it RB, WR or another CB...They are not going to fix all positions this year, but get at least take care of three... Can you guys believe Chicago? Did they hire Millen to do their draft? Also, Cleveland did a good job. They got two play makers on D. I love Peppers...

I also wanted Foster. Maybe there's more to the diluted drug test than we know.

Ideal scenario would be trade down a few spots in the 2nd round collecting an extra 3rd....Snag the RB round 2( I have been sold that Philly would end up taking RB in the 2nd for awhile) not sure we pass on Cook if available...... Then in the 3rd round double dip at CB Ahkello Witherspoon is still high on my list I want him not sure we can get him at 99 though  

Mixon is still there too

53 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
5 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Yeah, it just never made sense to take a corner at 14. None were worthy.  Good news is the draft is still loaded with DBs. And yes I 'm looking at DBs not just corners. Great S class as well as corners. I figure we can possibly get a slot corner late. Man would that be a huge lift. But all the fans seem to be dismissing what a good S could do for us. We have two high dollar guys on the team(I understand that). But even still it's called Dime. We can get immediate impact out of a S. Dime could be our bread and butter defense this season. And having that third S gives you the obvious protection from injury. As we know this isn't just for an injury situation to McCleod and Jenkins. Because Jenkins can move to the slot. So it would also cover that slot position from injury as well.

You forgot to mention that the Eagles use allot of 3 safety sets (Dime packages can have extra CB's in them) so getting another makes sense....