Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Stay True To Building The Lines

7 hours ago, CouldCareLess said:

good dline isn't going to win you many games in todays NFL.  As i been saying for the last 4 years now, failure to fix the secondary will continue to see mediocre teams put on the field.  

so your logic was the Eagles should have forced a CB at 14 just because we spend a 1st rounder on a CB doesn't mean they will be good....As for our DL being stacked we were middle of the pack last year in sacks and pressures yup that is a stacked unit alright.....A great DL can win in this league and the success even shows come playoffs 

Tell that to NE when they lost to the Giants in the SB. Their D-Line man-handled NE.... To say D-line is not going to win you many games is laughable... Couldcareless is a perfect nic for you my friend. I could care less of your comments...

Still no Sidney Jones takers?

Really like the Barnett pick w/ who was left on the board. The FO collaboration may be showing as it wasn't the splashy, make a trade, wow the crowd move. Instead we got a top 8 guy at 14.

CCL made his draft apearance, reminds me of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

Onward to the meat of the draft

I will admit to getting antsy last night wanting to trade up for Lattimore. With his health probs glad we didn't. Very telling of the FO not only w/ the pick, but who we didn't pick.

24 minutes ago, darksnake1 said:

I really think if we get quincy or king we will be fine. Or even quincys teammate teez would be good. You telling me we can't get one of these guys? I seriously doubt all three go off the board before we pick and if they start going off the board then I'm all for a trade up

I like King as well would be fine with him as our pick might be my top guy right now not sure he is there at our pick though 

We will see how Douglas has the board. I highly doubt the Eagles draft Cook, so if any of you guys are looking forward to it, curb your enthusiasm. Cook is a fumbling machine in college and it will only be worse in the pros. I do not want anything to do with a RB that cannot hold onto the ball. Please do not give that crap he can be taught to hold onto it! I am certain his college coach has been trying to a few years..... Much rather grab Kamara, Mixon, Perine, Hunt or Foreman and most will be available at 99.

11 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I also wanted Foster. Maybe there's more to the diluted drug test than we know.

Like that it wasn't just weed but crack or something?

Who knows? Really it's just speculation at this point.

Just now, stine said:

We will see how Douglas has the board. I highly doubt the Eagles draft Cook, so if any of you guys are looking forward to it, curb your enthusiasm. Cook is a fumbling machine in college and it will only be worse in the pros. I do not want anything to do with a RB that cannot hold onto the ball. Please do not give that crap he can be taught to hold onto it! I am certain his college coach has been trying to a few years..... Much rather grab Kamara, Mixon, Perine, Hunt or Foreman and most will be available at 99.

We shall see stine believe we go RB round 2 have for awhile.....Much rather go D but gut feeling just says RB not sure we pass on Cook if available(also made my stance clear think Mixon is probably the best fit for the team)  

At Least Mixon can hold onto the ball. If they do go RB, I am OK with Mixon. Not sure he is on the Eagles board tho...

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  13 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I also wanted Foster. Maybe there's more to the diluted drug test than we know.

Like that it wasn't just weed but crack or something?

Who knows? Really it's just speculation at this point.

From what I've read it was a "diluted specimen" which he says was from drinking excessive quantities of water. Now i'm no doctor or lab technician but as joe six pack sitting in front of his computer this sounds like a BS story to me.

BG93, Cb is one of the toughest Positions to adjust to on the pro level. That is why I want them to get one in round 2. We need a starter and not so sure there will be a starter at 99. I know there will be a starting RB at 99 so much rather take care of CB first...

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sidney Jones or Kamara would make me really happy today

GM MJK!  Hope your back is feeling better. Only issue with Jones is he won't be ready until Mid season at the earliest. I like him, but who do we play until he is ready. We do not have the luxury other teams do, where you can draft a player and let him heal.... I do love him though! Kamara is an interesting pick. I guess we will see who Douglas has when they pick. Kind of like the idea movin back a few spots to grab another pick also. We will see.

GM Stine. Looking forward to mid summer, should feel better and we'll watch our new players in camp! Thanks for asking. Jones will be the better player, see how risk averse the FO is. If they pass I'd take King, who could have been a 1st rounder. Another CB later not as necessary as people think but we will have 3-4 more in for camp. If we get King we'll be sacrificing Kamara. Perine's been getting a lot of press, but he was my 3rd rd but w/ the move back may be looking more at Foreman. Wish it began earlier today!

If Cook and Mixon are gone i'd like to see them take Jones even if he has to start the season on the PUP list.

If Cook and Mixon are gone i'd like to see them take Jones even if he has to start the season on the PUP list.

Maybe even if Cook is still there.

That fumbling issue has to concern coaches.

Tankersly is one I would draft. Runs a 4.4 40 and has mad ball skills. 6'1".... Not sure King meets Swartz's requirements, but if he does he would match up well with the tall WR's...

Cook's fumbles would hurt everything else the team is trying to do, so passing on him. Mixon's not on my board. It's a shame that someone w/ that video will get hired w/o paying for his transgression w/ something more than a draft drop and money. Whether that was the girls' plan or not is neither here nor there, I was raised differently.

Thought Tank was gone - wrong! It was White went. Yeah, like Tank as well. I lean more for need in the 2nd than in the 1st and these CB's are not going to last

Wow, we're having a pretty good T-storm here, looks gorgeous in Philly, really lucked out w/ the weather there for having the 1st outdoor draft

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, lost my whole response so have to type it over!  Problem is all of these so called "Experts" do not look at the big picture. Coaches do not want someone who cannot hold onto the ball. Cook will be lucky to be drafted in the third round, unless some coach thinks he can correct his fumbling issues. Take my word, NE does not have him on their board.

28 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thought Tank was gone - wrong! It was White went. Yeah, like Tank as well. I lean more for need in the 2nd than in the 1st and these CB's are not going to last

Agreed MJK! If we want a starting CB and RB, we need to address CB round 2 and RB round 3. Others may see it differently and that is fine. I wonder what the Eagles Board looks like today. I would love to be a fly in their war room....