Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Stay True To Building The Lines

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thought Tank was gone - wrong! It was White went. Yeah, like Tank as well. I lean more for need in the 2nd than in the 1st and these CB's are not going to last

Agreed MJK! If we want a starting CB and RB, we need to address CB round 2 and RB round 3. Others may see it differently and that is fine. I wonder what the Eagles Board looks like today. I would love to be a fly in their war room....

Well Stine-no pizza for either of us lol

It was the right decision to pass on conley. Too risky of a pick with the latest allegations. I think a lot of people would have thought white would be a reach if we took him at 14. Plus didn't he have speed issues. Lattimore was gone. Humphrey is the only one that we could have selected there imo. I think if we get king or wilson in the second this draft will be a huge success for us

Maybe not a whiff,but liked the 4 players taken AFTER us better

Great 1st choice.  I was hoping for Foster but not aware of his shoulders problems.  Could understand this from his violent hits.  A strange draft that fell into the Eagles' laps at 14.  With the top WR's gone and the two top RB's, Eagles didn't reach at 14 and took a top DE.  Hope to see a CB in Rd. 2 and  RB in round 3.  We shall see!!

7 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

It was the right decision to pass on conley. Too risky of a pick with the latest allegations. I think a lot of people would have thought white would be a reach if we took him at 14. Plus didn't he have speed issues. Lattimore was gone. Humphrey is the only one that we could have selected there imo. I think if we get king or wilson in the second this draft will be a huge success for us

Maybe not a whiff,but liked the 4 players taken AFTER us better

and no way to move up a spot or 3 for Reddick,Watson or LATTIMORE? So much for the agressive draft thing lol

Just watched Spuds' press pass w/ Douglas after the pick, most animated I've ever seen Douglas.

Since I am deaf and they aren't captioned tell me what you heard,thanks

This is a great pick and he could definitely start for us. Let's not forget we used curry at DT at times so we could potentially line up: Graham, Cox, Curry and Barnett

MEH

More I think about it(which is always dangerous), The more I like the idea of moving back 10 spots or so. Maybe trade with TB or Denver Swap 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks plus give us their 6th rounder. Moving up in the third round would allow us to grab a starter where as staying put has no such guarantees. Plus we get a 6th that we could use to move up in the 3rd OR 4TH...

Welp, I wanted Foster but I will settle for Barnett. I guess Foster's health must have been a real issue as Ozzie Newsome also passed on him and they had a need for LB. Eagles Absolutely need to nail their CB round 2. Whether it is Tankersly, King, Wilson or someone else, They have to get a starter tonight. Grab best players after that. I don't care be it RB, WR or another CB...They are not going to fix all positions this year, but get at least take care of three... Can you guys believe Chicago? Did they hire Millen to do their draft? Also, Cleveland did a good job. They got two play makers on D. I love Peppers...

I was a bit surprised at Tenn.They snagged Davis,then had the chance to add HOWARD too.Can you imagine Davis,Howard(TE),Walker(TE) for Mariota???That would have been very tough to defend

7 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Yeah, it just never made sense to take a corner at 14. None were worthy.  Good news is the draft is still loaded with DBs. And yes I 'm looking at DBs not just corners. Great S class as well as corners. I figure we can possibly get a slot corner late. Man would that be a huge lift. But all the fans seem to be dismissing what a good S could do for us. We have two high dollar guys on the team(I understand that). But even still it's called Dime. We can get immediate impact out of a S. Dime could be our bread and butter defense this season. And having that third S gives you the obvious protection from injury. As we know this isn't just for an injury situation to McCleod and Jenkins. Because Jenkins can move to the slot. So it would also cover that slot position from injury as well.

yeah HOOKER sadly went right AFTER us.He could have been a major assist to whatever ROOK CB's we have to put on the field.But what do I know? So,IMO not thrilled with this pick and can't see this as a 'we're gonna high 5 all night" pick

It felt like we would get a top ten guy on our Big Board. No QBs were worth a first round pick. Yet teams just traded on up to take one anyway. I see Joe and Rosie are declaring him top 8 even on the Big Board. Trust the process.

What are they supposed to say "He's a 20 pick,but we had to have a DE?"

And there is no question that Barnett is much more advanced than MS2 was when drafted. So much more well rounded. Multiple moves. Pretty impressive for a 20 year old.

Tough to outwhiff MS2,although we tried with Agholor

I really think if we get quincy or king we will be fine. Or even quincys teammate teez would be good. You telling me we can't get one of these guys? I seriously doubt all three go off the board before we pick and if they start going off the board then I'm all for a trade up

Teez is SLOW SLOW SLOW.Paint dries before he gets into coverage

Still no Sidney Jones takers?

Really like the Barnett pick w/ who was left on the board. The FO collaboration may be showing as it wasn't the splashy, make a trade, wow the crowd move. Instead we got a top 8 guy at 14.

CCL made his draft apearance, reminds me of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh

Onward to the meat of the draft

I had Barnett around pick 20

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  2 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

I really think if we get quincy or king we will be fine. Or even quincys teammate teez would be good. You telling me we can't get one of these guys? I seriously doubt all three go off the board before we pick and if they start going off the board then I'm all for a trade up

I like King as well would be fine with him as our pick might be my top guy right now not sure he is there at our pick though 

We will see how Douglas has the board. I highly doubt the Eagles draft Cook, so if any of you guys are looking forward to it, curb your enthusiasm. Cook is a fumbling machine in college and it will only be worse in the pros. I do not want anything to do with a RB that cannot hold onto the ball. Please do not give that crap he can be taught to hold onto it! I am certain his college coach has been trying to a few years..... Much rather grab Kamara, Mixon, Perine, Hunt or Foreman and most will be available at 99.

Yeah Perrine at 99 would be great,or we could wait even longer and still get Conner who was a lock 2/3 in round 5

At Least Mixon can hold onto the ball. If they do go RB, I am OK with Mixon. Not sure he is on the Eagles board tho...

Most say we are the best fit for him,but then again Lurie doesn't like this type of problem to "protect the fan base" In other words doesn't want young children to look up to him condoning his bad behavior.So I can see both sides of this but believe he is off our board

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah HOOKER sadly went right AFTER us.He could have been a major assist to whatever ROOK CB's we have to put on the field.But what do I know? So,IMO not thrilled with this pick and can't see this as a 'we're gonna high 5 all night" pick

An asset to the rook CB he would not have seen the field....We have Jenkins and Mcleod and the goal should be to keep them at S 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sidney Jones or Kamara would make me really happy today

GM MJK!  Hope your back is feeling better. Only issue with Jones is he won't be ready until Mid season at the earliest. I like him, but who do we play until he is ready. We do not have the luxury other teams do, where you can draft a player and let him heal.... I do love him though! Kamara is an interesting pick. I guess we will see who Douglas has when they pick. Kind of like the idea movin back a few spots to grab another pick also. We will see.

Still like my guy Moreau for us,or Awuzie(hard hitter).Moreau said he WILL be ready to go.Watched this guy since he was a low round 6 pick early on-he just keeps improving,so to me his ceiling has not even been reached

Awuzie seems like a Schwartz kind of CB could be an option for us as well at CB was one of my early picks for awhile though his teammate has been growing on me more and honestly would like him more Witherspoon not sure we can get him at 99 though 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Most say we are the best fit for him,but then again Lurie doesn't like this type of problem to "protect the fan base" In other words doesn't want young children to look up to him condoning his bad behavior.So I can see both sides of this but believe he is off our board

Lurie was one of the few owners that gave the go ahead to draft him if we wanted to.....Also Lurie has made efforts to give players second chances before ie the last example being MV.....I don't believe Lurie would tell our guys to remove him off the board whether our scouts and co. like him is another matter all together 

Today I would do Moreau/Q.Wilson/King/Awuzie/Tank.Like Jones love to have him but we need to KNOW we have a starter that can go from day 1.So any of those,then Perrine at 99 and follow that up with another CB in Shaquille Griffin.Those 3 would put me in a better mood

Again if all the board I think we take Cook.....Personally would love to see us move down a few spots in the 2nd round gain an extra 3rd rounder...... Should still be able to land a good CB or RB in the 2nd round then have a pair of 3rds/4ths to work with  

Today I would do Moreau/Q.Wilson/King/Awuzie/Tank.Like Jones love to have him but we need to KNOW we have a starter that can go from day 1.So any of those,then Perrine at 99 and follow that up with another CB in Shaquille Griffin.Those 3 would put me in a better mood

Moreau/King went 1/2 on my "insane GBFL system" list

BG93, Cb is one of the toughest Positions to adjust to on the pro level. That is why I want them to get one in round 2. We need a starter and not so sure there will be a starter at 99. I know there will be a starting RB at 99 so much rather take care of CB first...

Ditto