Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Stay True To Building The Lines

More I think about it(which is always dangerous), The more I like the idea of moving back 10 spots or so. Maybe trade with TB or Denver Swap 2nd round picks and 3rd round picks plus give us their 6th rounder. Moving up in the third round would allow us to grab a starter where as staying put has no such guarantees. Plus we get a 6th that we could use to move up in the 3rd OR 4TH...

Perrine can start at 99 lol

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah HOOKER sadly went right AFTER us.He could have been a major assist to whatever ROOK CB's we have to put on the field.But what do I know? So,IMO not thrilled with this pick and can't see this as a 'we're gonna high 5 all night" pick

An asset to the rook CB he would not have seen the field....We have Jenkins and Mcleod and the goal should be to keep them at S 

Nobody gets hurt huh? lol

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Most say we are the best fit for him,but then again Lurie doesn't like this type of problem to "protect the fan base" In other words doesn't want young children to look up to him condoning his bad behavior.So I can see both sides of this but believe he is off our board

Lurie was one of the few owners that gave the go ahead to draft him if we wanted to.....Also Lurie has made efforts to give players second chances before ie the last example being MV.....I don't believe Lurie would tell our guys to remove him off the board whether our scouts and co. like him is another matter all together 

Where did you read this?

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

So we are only drafting the S in case of injury then lol.....I would not have cared if we drafted him but to say he would be an asset to a rookie CB I disagree with he would not have seen the field unless there was an injury 

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Most say we are the best fit for him,but then again Lurie doesn't like this type of problem to "protect the fan base" In other words doesn't want young children to look up to him condoning his bad behavior.So I can see both sides of this but believe he is off our board

Lurie was one of the few owners that gave the go ahead to draft him if we wanted to.....Also Lurie has made efforts to give players second chances before ie the last example being MV.....I don't believe Lurie would tell our guys to remove him off the board whether our scouts and co. like him is another matter all together 

Like the chance he gave Huff?

Douglas expounded on all Barnetts' strengths and weaknesses - high motor, great mentality, imposing his will every down. Was in their top tier of players, junkyard dog mentality. I liked most was Douglas' smiling and excitement about the pick, genuine.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yea like Braham that he gave a chance to who was charged what twice for having a gun.....

Or again when Lurie gave the ok to sign MV out of prison for dog fighting 

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah HOOKER sadly went right AFTER us.He could have been a major assist to whatever ROOK CB's we have to put on the field.But what do I know? So,IMO not thrilled with this pick and can't see this as a 'we're gonna high 5 all night" pick

An asset to the rook CB he would not have seen the field....We have Jenkins and Mcleod and the goal should be to keep them at S 

No possible way a round 1 pick is better than what we have(Hooker)??? No never happens

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Douglas expounded on all Barnetts' strengths and weaknesses - high motor, great mentality, imposing his will every down. Was in their top tier of players, junkyard dog mentality. I liked most was Douglas' smiling and excitement about the pick, genuine.

I believe the Eagles followed Joe board I can easily seeing Barnett as our highest rated guy....I thought he was a top 10 talent 

No possible way a round 1 pick is better than what we have(Hooker)??? No never happens

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha your right could happen but money talks in the NFL and we paid for Jenkins and McLeod who are not exactly chopped liver...... 

both really good S....Jenkins I think is a top 5 S 

They don't have closed captioning on the press pass and GB was curious what was said.

THEY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A TRANSCRIPT FOR THOSE WHO ARE HARD OF HEARING - GOT THAT SPUDS?

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

13 other teams besides us passed on Hooker just like 16 teams passed on Allen and 18 on Howard......No clue if our pick was right or not yet only time will tell but clearly we were not the only team that had guys rated higher 

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Yea like Braham that he gave a chance to who was charged what twice for having a gun.....

Or again when Lurie gave the ok to sign MV out of prison for dog fighting 

And we won how many SB's doing that? Lurie has said he basically wants a "clean team" so whatever

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So we are only drafting the S in case of injury then lol.....I would not have cared if we drafted him but to say he would be an asset to a rookie CB I disagree with he would not have seen the field unless there was an injury 

How do you KNOW if he's not HERE??? Maybe better than what we have? No that never happens lol

And we won how many SB's doing that? Lurie has said he basically wants a "clean team" so whatever

Yes because the trouble makers are why we didn't win a SB....Only boy scouts win SB man how did Chipper ever fail....get real 

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Perrine can start at 99 lol

You really pushing Perine you know I am all for him dude is a tank lol 

Well i wanted Fournette,but moving to 4 was too much to give,so this is the next best thing after we cover CB

Maybe,I'm not convinced either way yet.I'll give the guy a chance certainly,but it was not a pick that excited me.Willis/Walker both are capable DE's we could have had later,so whatever.I am in doubt due to the vids I have watched of him that he can do the same thing at the pro level,but won't pass judgement until I see him play