Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Draft Theme: Defense, Defense, Defense

18 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah but Sproles is bigger(still small) so injury concerns with tarik cause he's smaller yet

Are you suggesting  that RMatt is a better option?

No we were talking about a replacement for Sproles and Tarik is SMALLER than him

So I mentioned McGuire

Am I the only one who looks at what Chicago is doing and wondering if they have a FO trying to assemble a bargain basement losing team?

Yes on Perine, can't figure why he's still there, must be something going on

Nothing wrong with him. Just a limited 2 down RB. Not sure how many power run teams arw in need of a RB of his style.

With 2-4s and needing to move players, I dont see a scenario where we sit tight... we havent moved once yet... that is not like Howie

4 is a little late to "go get your guy" lol

Perine was who I had in 3rd. Broke my streak but Rasul was a good pick to add competition in the CB room and cover while Jones gets healthy w/o rushing him back. Then Pit grabbed Connor just before the end last pm. Don't know if Perine will make it through the 1st 10 picks today, I'm surprised others went before him.

I had Perrine in 3 also.Would been happier with that then Rasul.Apparently we missed something on him(Perrine)?

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

4 is a little late to "go get your guy" lol

Oh I agree, but if there are a couple contracts they really wanted to get out of through trade, they may be in the mode of "GET ANYTHING"... Remember you eat that dead money if you have to cut them

Dang we got hosed! Two picks before us was Tankersley. But instead we have to reach for Douglas. Nothing like a slow corner without fluid hips that is high in his backpedal. That usually translates to the NFL.

I dunno man. Tankersly the NFL panel pretty much said he has alot to work on. Plays real passive n off coverage too much. Gets lost n confused peaking at the QB n at the reciever. When Douglas got picked they were raving about him. Top end speed might be a problem.

So if Wormley is better than Jernigan then it was an absolute disaster of a trade. People should be fired.

No we got Douglas n Jernigan. If we selected Wormley we would only have Jones n most probably looking for another CB.

So... the Bengals took Mixon and they already have quality depth at RB, it was not a need... They desperately need O-ilne help..... Im wondering if there is any trade oportunity with them after the draft

Just now, mateagle2 said:

So... the Bengals took Mixon and they already have quality depth at RB, it was not a need... They desperately need O-ilne help..... Im wondering if there is any trade oportunity with them after the draft

they are 21 mil under the cap

So do we even have enough cap space to pay the rooks? lol

I think cap space that is viewed account for rook money already? So if a team only has 3mil that 3 mil is not for rookie signings 5mil or whatever it is has already been put aside.. Maybe?

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

yeah but Sproles is bigger(still small) so injury concerns with tarik cause he's smaller yet

Are you suggesting  that RMatt is a better option?

As a starter yes. Those guys are Sproles type role players.

53 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

The announcers praised his ball skills but tore him up about being of ANY value in the run game... Mayock went so far as to say that he didnt think that Tankersly could be coached up to do that at the next level

So a guy that has shutdown corner potential is bad because he isn't a stud versus the run? And what did we do? We took a guy that is a bad tackler. Douglas should be a S but he is so bad versus the run no one believes a move to S is possible for him. And...without any shutdown corner potential. Brilliant!

9 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

No we got Douglas n Jernigan. If we selected Wormley we would only have Jones n most probably looking for another CB.

Still looking for another CB in my opinion....and DT.

5 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

I think cap space that is viewed account for rook money already? So if a team only has 3mil that 3 mil is not for rookie signings 5mil or whatever it is has already been put aside.. Maybe?

Well if that is true... I would have liked to know that before I opened my mouth with my first predictions

Put 2 grinders on this team and D's will wear themselves out. One could be a lineman but used more often than we did last yr, even if he's just in there to block on downfield plays. Believe we need one next pick, well last pick actually but am happy they did what they did. Know we have that FB but Pedey said it's a luxury that prolly won't happen on the 53

14 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

I dunno man. Tankersly the NFL panel pretty much said he has alot to work on. Plays real passive n off coverage too much. Gets lost n confused peaking at the QB n at the reciever. When Douglas got picked they were raving about him. Top end speed might be a problem.

Top end speed MIGHT be a problem? That's like saying not having an engine in a car MIGHT be a problem. But I guess you just fluffed right by the worst backpedal you have ever seen by a cornerback in the NFL. Or you must have missed that his hips aren't fluid at all. He is tall with long arms. So he can be taught to jam at the line of scrimmage and after I guess it's just time to try and hold,

I think we can find fault with Rasul Douglas if we want.... BUT let us suppose that we had used the 3rd on a RB and the the 2-4s on WR and OT or DT, then we would not have gotten our second CB until rnd 5.... Im very happy they addressed it in BOTH the 2nd and 3rd rnds

Wow, the negativity this am. Have a pork roast and a couple of lasagnas to throw together. If you could smell my cooking it's put smiles on your faces. In the mean time, look at the big picture. Back in a bit

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, the negativity this am. Have a pork roast and a couple of lasagnas to throw together. If you could smell my cooking it's put smiles on your faces. In the mean time, look at the big picture. Back in a bit

that last post was intended to make CTM feel better

18 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Top end speed MIGHT be a problem? That's like saying not having an engine in a car MIGHT be a problem. But I guess you just fluffed right by the worst backpedal you have ever seen by a cornerback in the NFL. Or you must have missed that his hips aren't fluid at all. He is tall with long arms. So he can be taught to jam at the line of scrimmage and after I guess it's just time to try and hold,

So would you rather have Perrine,or Douglas.I already know my answer lol

29 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Thats why we have this pass rush. No quick n constant pressure QBs arent gonna be 5-7 step dropping on us. Let these guys get on the field first before slamming them.

15 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Still looking for another CB in my opinion....and DT.

I would pick up Kazzee,perhaps the last CB with any upside