Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

In the end, the Eagles started the 2017 NFL Draft with eight picks and made that exact amount, using three of the selections for the offense and five for the defense. One of the players, cornerback Sidney Jones, may not play a snap in his rookie season. Others have chances to make an instant impact ...

View the full article

Now maybe it hard to say that because we have sort of getting use to splashy trades and signing so sticking to the script the past few years hasnt happened. 

Don't see lubes unless it's a new thread. 1) You destroyed the HR game, 2) Nobody plays anymore because you destroyed it and 3) nobody cares if you don't contribute - see ya

If Jones for some reason does not perform to expectations they can just blame his injury. 

He'll be back-no worries

It was a safe draft nothing more. Howie was protecting his job by the choices he made.

Disagree a bit here with ya,We didn't go PANIC CRAZY(see Chicago),held our ground,didn't move alot and came away filling areas of need.if that's a safe draft,then I want that forever

I'm surprised You're still up GB, had a busy night doing good stuff.

Thanks for breaking down the draft, was waitin till the am. Think we're all surprised there wasn't a lot of focus on RB

We needed a good solid "safe" draft cause as of now we have no round 2 next year and we gave up stuff to get Wentz.So this was a nice draft for us in my view

Like I said on day 2 - I would be bad in the war room, wanting to move up. I could sit before the draft, set the board but I'd have to leave or have Douglas sit on me. Sounds easier than it is I would imagine

Depends on "safe". what looked like "that other guy's better" turns out to be this guy has done better against better competition and he has the right attitude. There are no prima donnas in this draft, nothing flashy and no me guys. These are clean, focused guys, at least that's my initial reaction - producers and winners

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't see lubes unless it's a new thread. 1) You destroyed the HR game, 2) Nobody plays anymore because you destroyed it and 3) nobody cares if you don't contribute - see ya

Yet its funny some of you still find sometime time to complain. Just step up your game. And really you cant say much cuz 3D did the same and had HR after HR till I shut him down. I dont contribute much during the offseason as I really dont follow college ball, so just shut the p h u c k up. I got tired of listening to you all complain that Id rather just read what you say and lurk.

Meh, 3D contributed, just want you to do the same. You don't want to that's fine. Just thought you'd have something to contribute, if not, so be it.

Can't believe they're re-running the draft on NFLN

I'm surprised You're still up GB, had a busy night doing good stuff.

Thanks for breaking down the draft, was waitin till the am. Think we're all surprised there wasn't a lot of focus on RB

Well I had a nap,so that helped.All I wanted was a banger back,we may have gotten that with the UDFA signing of Clement.Not a top guy,but maybe he can be used to run out the 4th 1/4 clock,so that signing really helped my attitude(I know WAIT TILL IT's over) lol

Depends on "safe". what looked like "that other guy's better" turns out to be this guy has done better against better competition and he has the right attitude. There are no prima donnas in this draft, nothing flashy and no me guys. These are clean, focused guys, at least that's my initial reaction - producers and winners

Yeah those "worker bees" Joe always talked about

Does the league learn anything from NE? They outbid us for Cooks, get rid of I don't know how many FA's, trade away their 1st 2 rds, trade around the draft not as much for picks but for players. Meanwhile the rest of the league trades for prospects. They may have something. Earlier in the draft someone came out w/ odds by position, odds by round. NE beats the odds, they already know a guy is going to be successful, he's in the league playing well. Smart.

I also need to man up here,eat a little crow and say Hollins wasn't such a bad pick after all.I checked him out a little,did not pursue him as much as I did many other WR's.I wasn't all that aware he was as good as Switzer(who I DID follow).So I will man up and admit I am wrong and am glad the Fo did THEIR homework on him where I failed to

Haven't seen udfa's yet, tired. When Deb and I split a bottle of wine it's 1 for her, the rest for me. Not that I'm a lush but in 18 yrs have seen her have more than 1 drink twice. She can also eat 1 potato chip, wierd. Last hurrah before the knife.

Haven't seen udfa's yet, tired. When Deb and I split a bottle of wine it's 1 for her, the rest for me. Not that I'm a lush but in 18 yrs have seen her have more than 1 drink twice. She can also eat 1 potato chip, wierd. Last hurrah before the knife.

Well you have tomorrow too lol

Only 2 so far-usually we sign a ton right away,we shall see.So that's a bit different than "normal" also.Maybe taking our time signing them this time,instead of the "Thorw it against the wall and see what sticks" of the past?

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Only 2 so far-usually we sign a ton right away,we shall see.So that's a bit different than "normal" also.Maybe taking our time signing them this time,instead of the "Thorw it against the wall and see what sticks" of the past?

*throw

I was on last night and BG was wild. He named 3 players and they were taken over the next 5 picks. Freak was layin low, just pops in right before our 3rd pick and nailed it. We all have knee jerk reactions, we learn and head on.

At any rate after the Chip debacle and losing 3 years(of games and face as a Philly suffering fan) I really like what we are doing now.Signed great players in the off season and backed them up with possible future great players,not the hand me down,panic mode band-aids we have come to know here

That would lower my respect for Douglas and the rest of the FO. The draft used to be 12 rds. I would set my board at least that deep, that's bread and butter time, hungry players that appreciate the shot.